Autumn 2019 Anime Summaries and Opinions

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Autumn 2019 Anime Summaries and Opinions

Post by unoduetre » 04 Oct 2019, 01:20

THIS IS NOW FINISHED

There are no spoilers here, We've just used the spoiler tags.

The part outside the spoiler tags is relatively neutral. The parts inside are our personal opinions.

If you have any questions about a particular anime we can answer them. If you disagree with anything, let us know.

Babylon

Thriller. Procedural drama. Police work. Politics. Society. A police investigator analyses a crime. This might turn into something MUCH bigger. You need to watch at least 3 episodes to understand what it really is about. This anime is very serious, so it's not for people who like more lightweight stuff. Are you ready for a challenging anime? Watch it, if you like complex political intrigues connected to crime and how the society works.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❤️❤️ After the first episode I was close to dropping it. I don't like normal procedural dramas after all. Oh boy, I was wrong. This is one of the best anime of this season. The intrigue is complicated and multilayered. The characters (besides one which we don't know much about) are still a bit simple, but I think they gonna develop. I already see the development of the main character coming. Currently he's just a naive idealist. He'll soon turn into a realist (or die, muahaha - no, I know he won't die, but this might be the only other option he has). This anime will make you think. I certainly gonna watch it.

Blade of the Immortal -Immortal-

Horror. Samurai. VERY dark. Immortality. Death. Violence. Blood. Gore. Artistic. Breathtaking art. Amazing music. Did you like Shigurui or Akira Kurosawa films? If yes, this is for you, but this is definitely not for everyone. Don't watch it, if you have epilepsy.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❤️❤️ One of the best anime of this season. As far as I understand it, it will be a full adaptation of the manga. The visual style of it is very unique. One downside is that it is a bit episodic, but besides that it's great.

Momogari:
  Spoiler:  
Pretty good so far. Characters are decent, art style is good, script is good. The story itself is pretty good so far. The presentation, while mostly heavy, has enough humor to take the edge off. I'll keep watching it.

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Fantasy with real, historical elements related to life in the middle ages. Isekai. Peaceful. If you want to see how people lived then, you should watch this one. A book lover reincarnates as a little girl in a middle-age like fantasy world. The life is different. Books are a rarity. What would she do?

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❤️❤️ You know what they did in the middle ages with excrements. ;) Even this aspect is shown in this anime. :D This anime is great in a way it shows how knowledge can impact people's lives. Another great thing is that unlike many other isekai with overpowered protagonists, in this one the protagonist is actually underpowered. But she will definitely change things based on her knowledge only. Her aims are also different. She doesn't want to become a ruler. She doesn't want to fight monsters. She wants to read some books. And this is what makes it different from other isekai. The other thing is its historical and technical accuracy. I definitely gonna watch it.
Momogari:
  Spoiler:  
This. This will be the gem this season. It's already a charming premise, and has the art to match. I see it promising a world-building isekai and a hero story focusing on cleverness and inventiveness. Besides its story and artistic charm, it still has romance teases and more generally enjoyable features for anime fans. I think it'll widely enjoyable for many reasons.
drill:
  Spoiler:  
I wasn't even going to watch this one this season, but thought I would give it a try, and really glad I did. While Main's obsession with books can almost be a bit silly at times considering her actual mental age, they play off of this really well for world building purposes tied together with the former Main being too weak to have experienced much of anything outside before. The group of friends kinda reminds me of If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord, not one to one, but they definitely give off a similar vibe. It's really nice to see an animated Isekai that isn't focused on defeating something, and really looking forward to what else the show has to offer.

No Guns Life

Cyber-noir. Cyberpunk. Dark city. Crime. Violence. Cybernetic body modifications. Megacorporations. High tech low life. Good music. Good art. If you enjoyed Blade Runner or Ghost in the Shell this one might be for you as well.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❤️ This is good. It won't be as good as Blade Runner or Ghost in the Shell, but it's ok. I don't like the superpower aspect though. E.g. I don't think shouting the names of techniques goes well with this kind of show. So it's a more standard anime, but it surely might be enjoyable by fans of cyberpunk etc.

Stars Align (Hoshiai no Sora)

Sport. Soft tennis. Slice of life. Drama. Realism. School. Good music. A soft tennis club at school needs to win not to be disbanded. The president wants his old friend to join. But the friend has his own problems. This show combines elements of slice of life and drama with sports anime. If you liked Mix this might be something for you.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❤️ Sport is only a part of the whole thing. Slice of life and drama elements are equally important. The characters are very good and they feel natural. This is not easy to achieve, but this anime does it well. This show attempts to be realistic and it succeeds at that. Not many anime manage to do it properly. I might watch it.
Momogari:
  Spoiler:  
This will be a good one. A painful and probably bittersweet realistic drama with plenty of people issues. There's obviously a lot of depth to the characters and a lot of care taken in showing them and the type of story this promises makes me sure a lot of care will be taken developing them, too. The art style is charming, too. I can already tell this show will make me cry.

ORESUKI Are you the only one who loves me?

School. Romantic comedy. A guy who is a bit of a dick but pretends not to must interact with 3 girls and 1 guy, each of them having their own interest.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❤️ The guy is a bit of a dick, so I don't pity him, but he's not a total dick either. One of the girls seem to be an interesting character, but she's a bit manipulative. But's she's not a bad person. The other two (and his friend as well) appear to be simple, but are they really? ;) I wonder how the interesting girl will achieve her aim. And when the guy realises that maybe it might not be a bad thing when she does it. One downside of this anime is that it applies the ugly duckling trope. OF COURSE SHE MUST BE BEAUTIFUL, right? In my opinion it would be more interesting and less schematic, if she really were ugly, but he did choose her in the end. Unfortunately this is not the case in this anime. But it's still pretty good.
Momogari:
  Spoiler:  
So far this has a good original premise, and some at-least-semi-interesting characters to go with it--the first two episodes annoyed me, but the third was better. Still a bit contrived and the plot is a bit forced I think, but it's original and looks like it'll be fun.
drill:
  Spoiler:  
While this markets itself as a misunderstanding comedy, it really falls short in comparison to Iruma-kun as everything is extremely predictable. However, I think it's strength lies in the potential of the fake mask he wears in front of most of everyone, and the fact that it's not trying to be a serious romance with being a misunderstanding comedy. If this becomes just a library girl manipulates MC so his secret doesn't get out though, it'll go down hill very fast imo. I really hope we get more of his unfiltered internal monologue in future episodes as well.

Kemono Michi: Rise Up

Comedy. Isekai. Fantasy. Bizarre. Wrestling. Animal love. Ecchi. Beastmen. Animal girls. A wrestler who is also an animal lover gets isekaied. He's supposed to become a hero, but there is one problem. Good music. Good art.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❤️ I had really low expectations for this show, but it surprised me in so many ways. The music is great. The art (backgrounds!) is very nice as well. The idea also works better than expected. The gags are funny. What else do you need? I gonna watch it.
Momogari:
  Spoiler:  
Fanfuckingtastic. I didn't even know this was an isekai at first and it's a super original one. The comedy is made for the plot and the plot is made for the comedy. The action is super fun and the animation and art style is dynamic. This is so well produced that watching this feels like getting the best of isekai, the best of comedy, and the best of action all in the same show. And kemonomimi. Kemonomimi everywhere.

Shinchou Yuusha: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious

Comedy. Isekai. Parody. Good background music. A guy who is more rational/cautious than an average isekai hero gets isekaied by a goddess who is supposed to help him. It's a bit similar to Konosuba, but no so much.

drill:
  Spoiler:  
I was really skeptical about this one for the first episode. The animation gives off a Konosuba vibe to it, and tbh, the original premise can be compared to such a show, but deviates a lot from Konosuba really fast. What makes this show great is the hero's ability to make unpopular decisions even if he is hated for it, so he actually achieves his goal of being able to go back to his world. He's not about to get provoked like the generic Isekai protagonist and then just magically overcome his battles through the power of friendship, but instead just beat down the enemy with pure skill and preparation. I feel like this was a breath of fresh air for the Isekai genre as a whole, and am looking forward to what is coming next.

Momogari:
  Spoiler:  
This one is heckin fun. The characters, their animation, and their voices are all great. It's unconventional comedy, unconventional premise, and it's done very well.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❤️ It is similar to Konosuba, but the goddess isn't useless. :D I think she is a funny character. And also her faces!!! The comedy is pretty good so far as well. It makes fun of some stupidities of isekai anime and of other things. The music is so dramatic that it makes the comedy even better. I hope the authors will have enough good ideas to keep the good job. If the answer is yes, I gonna watch it.

Kabukichou Sherlock

Detectives. Comedy. Big city. Underground bars. Sex workers. Dirty entertainment. Rakugo. Interesting characters. Some unique character designs. Good music. Good art. It's slightly similar to Baccano!, Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens or Durarara, but with less action and more crime solving.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❤️ The combination of comedy and crime solving is pretty good so far. I imagine one can feel the atmosphere of Kabukichou, which is the red-light district of Tokyo. I wonder, if they used real places. There are some small details which make this show even better. E.g. one of the main characters drives a maluch. A downside of it is that it seems to be episodic, so probably each episode will cover one case, so one cannot expect a complicated plot happening over many episodes. That's sad, because it's a great anime otherwise. And the OP song is amazing!

Actors: Songs Connection

Music. Cute, friendly boys. Positive. Heart-warming. Supernatural. School. A school singing club wants to cover a vocaloid song, but first they need to ask the producer. It seem he goes to the same school. But the song is difficult for a human to sing, because it needs a wide voice range. But one boy can manage to do that. There are also some supernatural events going on in the background.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❓ This is an anime about utaite (singer) boys. But there is also some supernatural mystery in the background. Both of these elements are interesting. Nevertheless this show could easily go downhill as the singing part and the supernatural part might not mix well together at some point. I gonna watch it for now and see where it goes.

Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?!

Game-like isekai. Self-conscious. Comedy. Elements of parody.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❓ This is the best show to teach you about the difference between an average and a median. I enjoy it more than I expected to. The gags are funny. Let's see if it keeps doing a good job. If it does, I gonna watch it. The yellow familiar is annoying though. It's clearly there only to sell toys and doesn't seem to have any relationship to the plot. And the main idea is not very original.
Momogari:
  Spoiler:  
It's an isekai. Not an original one, either, but that's ok. The bigger problem is that the character's aren't especially interesting and the story so far even less so. Isekai don't always need good stories or characters either, but when you combine all of this mediocrity I'm a little skeptical of it so far. But I like isekai in general, so I might continue to watch it.
drill:
  Spoiler:  
Easily the most disappointing show of this season starting out with a full anime original episode that completely butchers the LN and Manga, and this is when the manga had already taken out the entire beginning arc of the LN... Also, that flying yellow thing, Nano? Yeah, that annoying thing is not a character in the source material. As for animation, it appears that project No.9 stretched themselves way too thin in doing both this and High School Prodigies this season with this show taking the short end of the stick. I really do not have much hope of this show improving.

Ahiru no Sora

Sport. Basketball. School. A new boy joins a dysfunctional school basketball team full of delinquents. If you liked Kuroko's Basketball or Slum Dunk you might like this one as well.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❓ It seems to be a pretty standard and schematic sports anime. A guy with great skills in sport joins a team. I think I've seen it somewhere already. Oh yeah, in almost every other sport anime. Even as far as basketball is concerned, we had so many anime like that. Even with a brilliant short player. One example would be Kuroko's Basketball. The delinquents are also a common trope. Check e.g. Slum Dunk. It's not a bad anime, but I'm not a fan of sport anime and I've already seen many similar ones so I won't watch it.

Assassins Pride

Industrial age fantasy. Superpowers. An interesting world. Amazing art. Great atmosphere. Possible romance. A bit of darkness. A relationship between a little, innocent girl an an assassin who got an order to kill her. Good art.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❌ The first episode constructed an interesting world and added some great background story. But the second episode looked like a pretty standard magic-school anime episode. The third episode seemed to be rushed. The visuals and the atmosphere are amazing regardless of the plot. I like romantic elements in it. (And by romantic I mean this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanticism). It's dark. It's mysterious. But there are some problems with the direction of this show. I think the director might've not done the best job with this. The assassin seems to be very naive at first sight, but his reasoning is explained later on. I like that one of the maids is called Nietzsche. The animation studio did great with everything besides the direction and the scenario. As pointed out by [mention=20620]UnmeiNoTsubasa[/mention] they cut out a lot of the plot and background information (e.g. some background related to the assassin) in comparison to the manga, which made many things not clear and the viewer sometimes has to believe that there are some reasons behind some things happening and they're not just random. It seems it would be better to read the manga or the light novel and get all the background information and the plot right, instead of trying to guess what's going on. I think they had too few episodes and too much source material to pack into it. They should've just use less source material instead of trying to adapt so much of it. So instead of having a good or at least decent anime, it turned into something less than satisfying. It might be better to read the manga or the light novel.
Momogari:
  Spoiler:  
After the second episode, I don't know about this one. There was a lot of plot in the first episode and then the second turned the show into something different. At least two characters are unbelievably inconsistent to me and the script is obviously skipping some steps. I'll watch the third episode, but I'm not hopeful about it anymore.
drill:
  Spoiler:  
Too many inconsistencies in the plot to really shine. A highly trained assassin who goes soft at the last minute in a world where basically humanity is on the verge of extinction, but there is an extreme level of infighting still? Also, not really sure how they were able to build such a place before they all got killed by monsters. If there were several cities left (and it would be an interesting plot twist if there was), it would have been interesting to see that kind of arrogance and the decline of the human race due to that and other factors, but instead we have a school setting where an assassin is risking his own life because he intentionally failed his job. I think the show had potential if it did its world building correctly, but it just feels like it will focus entirely on keeping the secret instead which is unfortunate really as it feels like wasted potential.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun

School. Comedy. Demons. A human boy goes to a demon school. The art is slightly similar to Soul Eater.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❓ I think Asmodeus is a rip-off of Ferid from Owari no Seraph. There are much better anime about a human going to a demon school. One example is Rosario + Vampire. This seems to be a pretty schematic story of a misfit student. I can tell you how it'll go: 1. The student enters the school. 2. He meets new friends. He does everything not to reveal his true identity. 3. His true identity gets revealed. 4. There is some conflict. 5. The students accept him in the end. (Please, authors, surprise me!) If you like the art, better watch Soul Eater. This type of comedy is something is personally dislike. For example, he is not a demon so he lacks many abilities of such. So the autho will be forced to use some random deus ex machina tricks to deal with that. And I do not consider them funny, but rather boring. If anything can happen, nothing is of significance. Nevertheless, it's not a bad anime. Some people even consider the deus ex machina moments funny and they eagerly wait to see how the author solves the obvious problems. But this anime is just average. I enjoyed the third episode more than the first two. The new character that appeared in the 3rd episode was fun. But I stopped watching after the 4th episode. So it's not a bad anime, but also nothing special or original. Just the same thing again. But if you're not yet bored with it, you like this kind of comedy and you don't mind deus ex machina, you might enjoy it. I won't watch it.
Momogari:
  Spoiler:  
I think it's somewhat amusing so far. The characters are really boring, but this is primarily a situational comedy. It's all contrived and kinda ridiculous, but it doesn't try to be anything else. It might be enjoyable just to watch casually.
drill:
  Spoiler:  
While this show has sacrificed the development of its characters so far, it has already announced as a 2 cour series, so I feel like they have much more time to add specific character arcs later in the series if they choose to do so when comparing to other shows this season. The show has stayed consistently hilarious with off the wall events that only add to the continuing misunderstanding of Iruma's abilities. Comedies based on misunderstandings are really hard to do, and this one nails it in my opinion. While I do worry that we might end up with a comedy show that never develops its characters, I still have an overall positive outlook on the show as a whole as long as it maintains this level of comedy.

Outburst Dreamer Boys

Comedy. Chuunibyou. Delusions. Bizarre. School. A group of delusional boys help people. If you liked Love, Chuunibyou & Other Delusions then this anime is for you.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❌ This is like Love, Chuunibyou & Other Delusions but on drugs. It's totally bizarre. I liked it in the beginning, it was a funny, interesting and not so common idea, but I got bored of it after 4 episodes. The plot in this show (if any) doesn't seem to go anywhere and I suppose it will end up at the same place at which it started. I won't watch it.

Afterschool Dice Club

Modern tabletop games (card games, board games etc.). School. They play real games you can also buy and play and they explain some rules. If you like tabletop games and want to learn about some of them this anime is for you. If you plan to buy some tabletop games in the future, definitely watch it. You'll learn about the games and enjoy anime at the same time.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❓ This anime is clearly targeted towards fans of modern tabletop games. If you like this kind of games you might enjoy it. You might even recognise some games you've played. If you don't like such games, you won't be interested, because there is not much more in this anime besides games. There are some background stories of the characters etc. but it's clear it's the games what's the most important. I am a fan of tabletop games, so I gonna watch it.

Special 7: Special Crime Investigation Unit

Police. Crime. Superpowers. Action. Urban fantasy. It's a bit similar to Blood Blockade Battlefront or Double Decker, but only slightly. Good art. Good background music. A rookie policeman joins a police unit with bad reputation. Watch it, if you like crime solving with some superpowers involved.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❓ Personally I'm not a fan of crime dramas, so I'm not sure yet, if I want to watch it or not. There is some hope it won't be episodic though. The main character has some background story which needs to be resolved somehow. This might make this show more interesting. I gonna keep watching it until I can make the final decision. Unfortunately it might turn into a "one case per episode" format, which I'm not really interested in. I am also not a huge fan of "team of superheroes" shows based on action only. So I might become bored of it pretty soon and drop it. Another of its downsides is that it seems to be episodes, something like one case per episode.

Stand My Heroes: Piece of Truth

Cute boys. Police. A woman tries to recruit guys to a new police unit whose purpose would be to fight illegal drugs. There is a huge number of really nice boys to choose from. If you like otome games, this anime is for you.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❓ This is a great anime for otome games fans. Only in the first episode there are like 10 cute boys and there are more in the next episodes. The idea is similar to otome dating sims, but the mc's aim is to recruit the boys into the unit. For me it's less interesting, because I'm not into guys, but I think it might be interesting for someone who is. There is a huge variety, including a tsundere guy. Tsundere guys are great, aren't they? :D Of course the downside is that there are so many boys and there will not be enough time to go deeper into the psychology of more than a few of them. Besides that, because there are so many, they might start to look similar to each other at some point.

Beastars

Antropomorphic animals. Slice of life. Verbal and physical aggression and violence. CGI. If you're a furry, you might enjoy this one.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❌ Before you read this, you must know that I'm a bit biased against this show. It contains many elements I personally dislike. This show is full of negative feelings, aggression and violence. The relationships between characters are mostly based on that. They use unimaginative invectives against each other in dialogues. Meaningless physical violence is shown as well and it's not shown like once to make the viewer understand the situation, but it's repeated again and again. Maybe the author or the director gets high from it, but I don't. Most of the characters are divided in two groups: thugs and cowards. And it's based (usually, there are exceptions) on their species, so I don't see any hope for character development. When they try to show some romantic moments, they use cheap tricks taken directly from Hollywood romances (e.g. some shitty music which pretends to be romantic). The author or the director tries too hard to make me pity the little rabbit girl, but they fail at that. I don't care about her in the slightest. The animation sucks balls, the way they move hurts my brain. Their facial expressions are Disney-like and I don't like Disney.

Z/X: Code Reunion

Collectible card game. Fights in space. Familiars. School. It's based on this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOKByZJfwb4

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❌ It's not 100% bad, but it's very unoriginal and predictable. You know, the usual "a group of students fight aliens who want to destroy the earth". Better watch Evangelion if you like this kind of thing. To compare, Eva goes deeper in character's psychology, but this show will never do anything like that. Things will stay on the surface level.

Aikatsu on Parade!

Collectible card game. Fashion. Idols. Music. School. An idol girl enters an idol school. It's based on this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQd87hKvl4M

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❌ Collectible card games, fashion, idols. From these 3 only 1 is interesting to me. It's fashion. But I don't like fashion in this show. So I won't watch it. But there are also some positive elements. The songs are sung properly and the music is not so bad, some songs are catchy.

Rifle is Beautiful

Cute girls doing cu… err… shooting laser beam rifles. Sport. School club.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❌ As described above. Nothing more, nothing less. It's not enough to make me interested.

CHOYOYU!: High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even in Another World!

Team-isekai. A group of geniuses is isekaied.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❌ Enough of isekai. I know it's fantasy and stuff, but it's just too stupid. It has numerous stupid elements. And it's not about being isekai. It's more about some stupid plot elements. For example a newly met girl instantly wants to kiss one of the characters. But it doesn't give ecchi vibes, so it appears "serious", which doesn't add up at all. Dropped during the first episode.
Momogari:
  Spoiler:  
I don't have a problem with Isekai, but I dropped it after 5 minutes because of the obvious focus on the unbelievable and frankly stupid idea of superhuman high schoolers. I could tell it was going to try to build itself off of characters that they want viewers to find cool, which in my experience never makes anything watchable.
drill:
  Spoiler:  
Extremely faithful to the source material, although the first episode was super rocky. The second episode is a much better demonstration of how this show plays out. One of the 7 does something they are really good at, and everyone in that world is unprepared. Tbh, I think this show is going to end before they get to the more complex interpersonal relationships between the 7, and that is when it actually starts getting far more interesting, so likely it'll just only be ok for the whole first season.

Val × Love

Ecchi. If you liked Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia you should watch this one. A guy does things to give girls superpowers, so they can fight monsters.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❌ The same idea as in Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia. A guy does erotic stuff to girls, so they can get superpowers. I won't watch it. Hentai is for fapping. This kind of ecchi is for… I still don't know what this kind of ecchi is for.

Kandagawa Jet Girls

Ecchi. Sport. Jet ski racing. Shooting. If you liked Keijo, this anime is for you.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❌ And they shoot at… Well, you know, the usual ecchi stuff. There is a rudimentary plot (and a lot of "plot"), but it's not anything interesting.

Azur Lane

Cute girls. War. Warships. Did you like Kantai Collection? If yes, watch this one. Nice visuals.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❌ Warships transforming into weapons used by little girls to fight other little girls with similar weapons. The plot is not included and the girls seem to be a substitute for it. I gonna sail in the opposite direction. Dropped in the middle of the first episode.

XL Joushi

Hentai.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
It was categorised as joushi on MAL, but I don't see why it is one. It looks like a normal hentai to me. It can be used to fap, if you are turned on by female bodies, that's all. Unless you're one of those people who watch hentai for the plot. I mean, the other plot.

Africa Salaryman

Work. Office. Salarymen. Office jokes. Bad animation.

unoduetre:
  Spoiler:  
❌ This show is barely animated. The jokes are not funny to me. It's just boring. Dropped.

---------------------
drill:
My stickers are by Shironappa
Momogari:
My stickers are by sazi

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Re: Autumn 2019 Anime Summaries and Recommendations

Post by unoduetre » 04 Oct 2019, 01:21

Nice, it seems many people have started this season already. :)

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 06 Oct 2019, 20:17

I just started with 2nd season of; Granblue Fantasy, and We never learn (Bokuben).
and waiting for Chihaya Furu S03 ...
I beg this will be all the show I'll watch for this season... and binge on tu shorter my holy long "want to watch" list. XD
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 12 Oct 2019, 23:43

Welcome to Demon School

Iruma's parents sell him to a demon and is now doted on by his new demon grandpa. He enrolls in demon school, where they learn the best way to kill and eat humans. Iruma must survive school, which means no one can find out he's human. He'd like to keep a low profile, but a series of unfortunate events are making that impossible.

It's a comedy. A fairly ridiculous one. Kinda fun though. I'll probably keep watching it.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 13 Oct 2019, 02:37

[mention=6444]Momogari[/mention]

Let's do this one in the following way. You know how I did the previous one. For this one, let's agree about the neutral description and each of us should add their private opinion in a separate spoiler tag. The only thing is not to edit at the same time, but that's not a big deal, we can coordinate that.

I will copy-paste the titles soon.

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 13 Oct 2019, 02:48

I usually order the anime according to what I think is the most interesting thing to watch. I suppose we should be able to agree about it as well.

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 13 Oct 2019, 16:51

[mention=6444]Momogari[/mention] I will post proposed neutral descriptions together with my opinions in the spoiler tags. You can add your opinions in your spoiler tags as well. The neutral ones are not final and I am open to discuss and improve them.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 13 Oct 2019, 17:17

that's fine

drill
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by drill » 13 Oct 2019, 23:38

I feel like on these seasonal threads there should be a poll to vote on which favorites everyone has so more people can contribute easier. Also, it would be really helpful if you put the opinion emojis on the outside of the spoiler tag next to your name so it is easier to find which ones you like and which ones you dont.

Example:
unoduetre (&#10067 ;) :
  Spoiler:  
This is the best show to teach you about the difference between an average and a median. I enjoy it more than I expected to. Let's see if it keeps doing a good job. If it does, I gonna watch it.

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 13 Oct 2019, 23:52

[mention=84697]drill[/mention]

I don't get what you want to achieve. This thread is not about finding which show is the most popular. Popularity of the show depends on many things, its quality is only one of them. Voting will only show which show is the most popular. If you are interested in measuring show's popularity, we already have MAL. You can see the numbers there.

Or maybe you claim that the most popular shows are also the best ones?

That's why I also think it's worthless to put the signs outside of the spoiler tags. The spoiler tags are not spoilers, as explained in the beginning of the first post. They are opinions. The spoilers explain the reasoning why a person likes or dislikes a show. The reasoning is the important thing here. Not the "points".

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 14 Oct 2019, 00:03

And yes, I should improve some of the texts in my "spoiler"/opinion tags to better explain the reasons. But I'm still working on that. I've only seen 1 or 2 eps already.

drill
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by drill » 14 Oct 2019, 00:08

I was trying to bring more interest to the thread. By voting on favorites, those are the favorites of each individual person which is no more or less than anyone else. You might as well name this thread unoduetre's Autumn 2019 Anime Summaries and Recommendations otherwise if you dont like people liking shows you dont like (its not about the popularity, but the ease of inclusion from AL users). I recommended the opinion emojis to be outside as it more fits the Recommendations part of the thread as more often than not you are negatively rating a show which is the exact opposite of recommending it (which I thought was the purpose of said thread, but if not that is ok). My intention with this was to try and put a more positive spin on the thread by removing the need to read negative opinions, and just move on knowing said user did not like the show.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 14 Oct 2019, 00:12

We tried voting at the beginning of the season but not many people participated that could have because many wanted to wait and see.

Uno am I putting my opinion in spoilers under yours?
Can I put anything I want?

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 14 Oct 2019, 00:14

[mention=6444]Momogari[/mention]

Yes, you can put anything, of course, but the idea is to try to explain things. Why you thing this show is good etc. Not just say it's good or not. You know, good parts, bad parts etc. Things that might give other people an idea why this show might be liked or disliked. (I'm still working on improving mine, they're not very good yet.)

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 14 Oct 2019, 00:16

Oh. Yeah, I guess I should try to help people out rather than just react.

I'm gonna put stickers though.

I think it's understood that negative opinions are personal opinions, anyway.

And uno is probably the only one who consistently could do it. I don't bother to watch all the shows. Maybe you do. Adding your opinions might be worthwhile here.