Fruits Basket (2019)

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Endynyp
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: Fruits Basket (2019)

Post by Endynyp » 23 Sep 2019, 09:45

Ekkun wrote:yeas, i beg.
other ways, not a point to specify "Fisrt season" in the tittle. Summun when the older TV series was just 26 eps.

I just saw that they have confirmed it. A second season is coming! Woot! Woot!
“There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable.” – Yuuko Ichihara, xxxHolic

Vivix
Veteran Member
Puerto Rico

Achievements

Post by Vivix » 23 Sep 2019, 17:53

Beex wrote:For some reason Hulu only has 13 episodes. I'm 4 in. I'll have to finish watching it somewhere else.

Do you need paid account to see it on Funimation?

I pay $5.99 a month for Funimation. Not too bad.
Only got it for Furuba. Once that is done I am cancelling lol

Vivix
Veteran Member
Puerto Rico

Achievements

Post by Vivix » 23 Sep 2019, 17:54

I am excited for season 2.
Season 1 finished part one of Kyo's story arc. Season 2 will lead us to the 2nd part which should happen during the summer vacation chapters. Things from now will start to get a lot darker.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 23 Sep 2019, 21:36

Vivix wrote:I pay $5.99 a month for Funimation. Not too bad.
Only got it for Furuba. Once that is done I am cancelling lol

That's is very nice for your side. Counting of how bloody easy is to watch it from other illegal sources now days.
I'd watched it by CR here in the UK.
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Vivix
Veteran Member
Puerto Rico

Achievements

Post by Vivix » 24 Sep 2019, 01:36

Most streaming sites tend to only have subs. CR only has the sub.
I prefer the dub and Funimation makes sure I can watch it dub.

Endynyp
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Endynyp » 24 Sep 2019, 12:23

Vivix wrote:I am excited for season 2.
Season 1 finished part one of Kyo's story arc. Season 2 will lead us to the 2nd part which should happen during the summer vacation chapters. Things from now will start to get a lot darker.

Oooo!!! So exciting! I can't wait!
“There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable.” – Yuuko Ichihara, xxxHolic

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 24 Sep 2019, 14:44

Vivix wrote:Most streaming sites tend to only have subs. CR only has the sub.
I prefer the dub and Funimation makes sure I can watch it dub.

I prefer dubs as well. Guess I will be adding Funimation to my paid services. I need to up my anime game anyhow.

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GFX by:Ioreth

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 28 Nov 2019, 03:15

I was pleasantly surprised by this show, and look forward to Season 2. Someone told me I should just read the manga though.
“The nation that neglects social inequality, mischievously increases military budgets, and then uses its power internally to suppress the citizens on the pretext of invasion by an external enemy is on the road to extinction.”
 Yang Wen-Li.

Vivix
Veteran Member
Puerto Rico

Achievements

Post by Vivix » 28 Nov 2019, 05:58

PortgasDAce wrote:I was pleasantly surprised by this show, and look forward to Season 2. Someone told me I should just read the manga though.

The new anime is following the manga story perfectly.
But the manga ended 13 years ago. If you want to know how it goes, you can just read it rather than wait for the anime.

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 28 Nov 2019, 06:03

Vivix wrote:The new anime is following the manga story perfectly.
But the manga ended 13 years ago. If you want to know how it goes, you can just read it rather than wait for the anime.

I kind of like having the anime to look forward to. That gives me a chance to work on other manga too, especially since I don't have to deal with Fruits Basket spoilers.
“The nation that neglects social inequality, mischievously increases military budgets, and then uses its power internally to suppress the citizens on the pretext of invasion by an external enemy is on the road to extinction.”
 Yang Wen-Li.

Afi

Post by Afi » 24 Dec 2019, 02:40

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Been busy with travel, work, and only now getting around to watching kdramas again.

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 24 Dec 2019, 04:57

SantaPaws wrote:For some reason Hulu only has 13 episodes. I'm 4 in. I'll have to finish watching it somewhere else.

Do you need paid account to see it on Funimation?

Crunchyroll has it, and you don't need to pay for premium.
 Yang Wen-Li.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Fruits Basket (2019)

Post by Momogari » 15 Jun 2021, 02:06

@Naoki persuaded me to start watching it. I just finished episode 5.

I don't know if it's because my taste has changed or if this is significantly better than the first series but I have changed my mind. Fruits Basket is good.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Fruits Basket (2019)

Post by Nethack » 15 Jun 2021, 02:22

Ive been watching this. I watched the original and have read the manga. I was actually really invested in the original. Then was very upset that they didnt at least make enough episodes to resolve the whole issue with Kyo.

Vivix
Veteran Member
Puerto Rico

Achievements

Fruits Basket (2019)

Post by Vivix » 15 Jun 2021, 06:04

Nethack wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 02:22
Ive been watching this. I watched the original and have read the manga. I was actually really invested in the original. Then was very upset that they didnt at least make enough episodes to resolve the whole issue with Kyo.

When the original was out they only had 6 volumes to work with. So many things were not even revealed by then. Hence some changes and the ending where only Kyo's form arc was covered.

I just watched the latest episode of the reboot and I am crying. I have waited 14 years to see this episode animated. Its everything. This whole series is everything. Its beautiful, sad, deep, dark, meaningful, and beloved.

I love how it shows the way people deal with trauma. The wide spectrum on how someone copes with tragedy, depression, and abuse. The way a single kind word can change your entire world; how to face life head on even if its scary and unsure. The way it shows the importance of unconditional friendship and love in all its forms.

Its just one of the best stories I have ever come across in my life. And there is a reason why Furuba remains beloved after more than a decade.