Old anime (90s and earlier)

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Re: Old anime (90s and earlier)

Post by Momogari » 16 Dec 2018, 05:53

I think I tried it and didn't like it. Isn't it based on a game?

hmm the plot summary doesn't sound familiar though. I swear I've heard the title though and had a "I didn't like that" reaction. My subconscious memory usually works better than my conscious one, but it could be mixing it up with something else.

oh fuck it if I don't remember things I functionally never saw them.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 16 Dec 2018, 06:38

Oh, ok.

Nova
Veteran Member

Post by Nova » 16 Dec 2018, 14:23

Expendable wrote:Ranma 1/2

Two friends at a dojo make a pledge that one day they would unite their two families by having their children marry. The Tendo family has three daughters - Kaisume, Nabiki, and Akane - and the Saotome family has one son, Ranma. And it's time for the two familes to meet and decide, much to the surprise of the Tendo daughters. Ranma's arrival however, is being carried in over the shoulder of panda. And she's not quite what they expected....

Well, one shojuld be careful when they train at a cursed training ground in China.

The long-running gag in this show is the various martial arts that appear, everything from cheerleading to tea ceremonies.

[video=youtube;Syd129Vla0Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syd129Vla0Q[/video]

Dominion Tank Police

In the very polluted Newport City, crime has risen to whole new levels, so the city decides to form a new special response task force - the Tank Police. However, there's no available tank for new recruit Leona Ozaki, so she builds her own mini-tank from the tank scrapyard, Bonaparte.

[video=youtube;eGTZLuuTPi8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGTZLuuTPi8[/video]

Ranma was good but i never finished the series saw some of its movies too kasumi tendo,shampoo and kodachi kuno aka black rose where my fav in the series

Nova
Veteran Member

Post by Nova » 16 Dec 2018, 14:38

The film tells the story of Nausicaä (Shimamoto), a young princess of the Valley of the Wind who gets involved in a struggle with Tolmekia, a kingdom that tries to use an ancient weapon to eradicate a jungle of mutant giant insects. Nausicaä must stop the Tolmekians from enraging these creatures. (1984)-Studio Ghibli

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 16 Dec 2018, 15:00

Somehow I've never watched Nausicaa. I have to correct that asap. :D

Nova
Veteran Member

Post by Nova » 16 Dec 2018, 15:24

unoduetre wrote:Somehow I've never watched Nausicaa. I have to correct that asap. :D

I seen it like four times even on the english dub had the betamax copy when i was a kid

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 16 Dec 2018, 15:29

He he. Yeah, it's a very famous film.

Nova
Veteran Member

Post by Nova » 16 Dec 2018, 15:31

unoduetre wrote:He he. Yeah, it's a very famous film.

I even wanted nausicaa flying craft since it looked cool

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 16 Dec 2018, 15:58

He he. Do you know the greatest "controversy" about Nausicaa? (the pants issue)

Nova
Veteran Member

Post by Nova » 16 Dec 2018, 16:12

unoduetre wrote:He he. Do you know the greatest "controversy" about Nausicaa? (the pants issue)

Nope

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 16 Dec 2018, 16:19

There was a questions: "Does Nausicaa wear pants?" The colour of her pants (especially when using VHS - the colours were often less then ideal there) were very similar to the colour of her skin.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 16 Dec 2018, 18:38

Momogari wrote:But for the sake of posting something I doubt I've posted about in the last decade

Kimagure Orange Road (1987)

I don't remember it well but it was good.

I sometimes use one of two avatars of the cat mascot from this show:

I don't remember the cat's name but it was bomb.

OH ! yeah I love this one! I recently rewatched at the beginning of this year.
@Momogami The Cat's name in the original Japanese series was called "GINGORO", I didn't remember well now... I think it was as well "Gingoro" in Spanish version.
... First time I watched it was earliest 90's on TV. Where many main characters names and show ( was renamed as; Johny and his friends... TT__TT) changed => Johny ( for; Kiosuke) Kasuga; Sabrina ( for; Madoka) Ayukawa; Rosita ( for; Hikaru ) ?? [don't remember now her family name :p ] ...

[video=youtube_share;T2SpUpOnOkY]https://youtu.be/T2SpUpOnOkY[/video]
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 16 Dec 2018, 18:50

Kaga Koko wrote:Ranma was good but i never finished the series saw some of its movies too kasumi tendo,shampoo and kodachi kuno aka black rose where my fav in the series

Ranma nibun no ichi ( aka; Ranma1/2) was one of my favs. The anime never catch the manga, so they continued with OVA and few Movies / TV Specials. But I never hear the end of the manga was never animated.

Irresponsible Capitan Taylor, and Martian Successor Nadeshiko, I never watched. I wanted but never did.

One I would recomend is "CITY HUNTER"

[video=youtube_share;1LQnFTJfYI0]https://youtu.be/1LQnFTJfYI0[/video]

one of the best ever I watched in my teenies. ( near 30 years ago. T_T ) XDDD
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Nova
Veteran Member

Post by Nova » 17 Dec 2018, 01:29

Rubio wrote:Ranma nibun no ichi ( aka; Ranma1/2) was one of my favs. The anime never catch the manga, so they continued with OVA and few Movies / TV Specials. But I never hear the end of the manga was never animated.

Irresponsible Capitan Taylor, and Martian Successor Nadeshiko, I never watched. I wanted but never did.

One I would recomend is "CITY HUNTER"

[video=youtube_share;1LQnFTJfYI0]https://youtu.be/1LQnFTJfYI0[/video]

one of the best ever I watched in my teenies. ( near 30 years ago. T_T ) XDDD

Martian successor nadesico was able to watch the series and movie it was great for me and city hunter is gonna have a new movie coming out next yr

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 26 Dec 2018, 23:10

KagaKoko wrote:Martian successor nadesico was able to watch the series and movie it was great for me and city hunter is gonna have a new movie coming out next yr

Swet!!! New movie. I haven't saw all of then, but I will try to watch this one.

Manga was released in my origin country, but never full. T_T I must try to find a whole colection to read it again. and his sequel "Angel Heart". (^ _ ^)

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler: