Old anime (90s and earlier)

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Re: Old anime (90s and earlier)

Post by Expendable » 27 Dec 2018, 18:30

3x3 Eyes - anime was released in 1991.

[video=youtube;4sH4sWF0LZs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sH4sWF0LZs[/video]

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 27 Dec 2018, 19:09

A great anime indeed. :)

Itachi
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Itachi » 30 Dec 2018, 12:21

Capitain Tsubasa 1983!

[video=youtube_share;ah0-ypR3iQc]https://youtu.be/ah0-ypR3iQc[/video]

[mention=6444]Momogari[/mention] Kimagure Orange Road is also a classic love the anime ����

"Those who cannot acknowledge themselves, will eventually fail."

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 30 Dec 2018, 12:22

My childhood!

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 30 Dec 2018, 17:04

Exmas wrote:3x3 Eyes - anime was released in 1991.

[video=youtube;4sH4sWF0LZs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sH4sWF0LZs[/video]

My group of friends had another friend who got super into anime at a young age (meaning he'd buy anime and we had no idea that was even a possibility at that time). He ended up showing us 3x3 Eyes and I really liked what I saw of it, but that was middle school, so more than a decade ago...

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 14 Apr 2019, 22:35

OMfG!! Nooo!! I HATE THIS ONE!!!
I was too young, and not that football fond ... the fucker of my older brother came always to my room to watch it bulling me. And I have to get out my own room !!!

Later, ( I mean years,.. many years later ) I watched few eps... and still doesn't likimg it.
Even the main character end playing for FCB

hehehe. btw, my best friend he love, ad is a fucking great fan of it. he spend ages playing the new mobile game. XDDD
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 14 Apr 2019, 22:47

omfgzergrush wrote:My group of friends had another friend who got super into anime at a young age (meaning he'd buy anime and we had no idea that was even a possibility at that time). He ended up showing us 3x3 Eyes and I really liked what I saw of it, but that was middle school, so more than a decade ago...

Wooow!!
Last week we get a Stunning new! after many many years, a Spanish Publisher have bough and renew the Manga licence ( Earliest it was half published into Spanish... in several formats and miniseries ( of 2 to 4 tankoubon) in a F&%$G instalments ... until the series got fully cancelled TT__TT ) :rage: :rage:

And FINALLY this year I'll be available to read it again from chap 1 ( I wish to the very end) legally, ( without recurring to scanlations on the www)

A F DREAM becoming REAL!!! :weee: :weee: :weee:

Naw I would like to made a new TV series with all the manga adapted ... but I guess to many vols ( 30 many or over 40, not to sure now ...) TT__TT
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Buta
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Buta » 22 Apr 2019, 16:54

Some of my favourites off the top of my head are NGE, Gunbuster, Lensman, Devilman, Tenchi Muyo!, and Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise.
Since I was born during the 80s and so saw the boom of popularity of anime, at least in the UK, I'm very aware of how dated some of the stuff I enjoyed watching are. It has been awkward speaking to fans younger than me at times since they don't know how good they have it with access to anime nowadays too. This isn't anyone's fault of course, it is just how things are.
I'm still delighted that Netflix did a new version of Devilman, and I'm looking forward to checking out their NGE re-dub because I love comparing! :)
I wonder what other treats will be in future...
ImageImageImage
~ Chaosymphonia's Adopted Big Sister ~

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 25 Apr 2019, 01:53

First anime I saw though was Speed Racer, this one station would do almost constant reruns.

[video=youtube;ALzDcMDhf2o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALzDcMDhf2o[/video]

And before there was the Lion King, there was Kimba, the White Lion

[video=youtube;EtODLwzYFN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtODLwzYFN8[/video]

NataliaJulia
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by NataliaJulia » 25 Apr 2019, 21:18

90's? Berserk, of course :kawaii:

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 28 Apr 2019, 02:21

They also showed this one....

[video=youtube;41k8mvZKWU8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41k8mvZKWU8[/video]

Anyone see Star Blazers?

[video=youtube;rz263xIQmvo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz263xIQmvo[/video]

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 28 Apr 2019, 02:30

It's been a long time since I've seen Star Blazers.
本好きの下剋上

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 29 Apr 2019, 17:05

This was my favourite anime series back in the 90s
[video=youtube;tKfR0lAzh3U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKfR0lAzh3U[/video]
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 06 May 2019, 22:31

Nyaann!!! Star Blazer = Space Battleship Yamato. I didn't watched it, but one of my favourites was Captain Harlock from same Mangaka Leiji Matsumoto.
[mention=113825]Nishizono Shinji[/mention] In Spain only the first Eps came in VHS format. It wa s interesting... but never have the chance to watch it the whole series.

Others i Enjoy was Lensman, It's said that George Lucas was inspired to create Star Wars from the same novels Lensman are Based on.
[mention=81149]Buta[/mention] Honeamise no Tsubasa ( Wins of Heneamise, or Royal Space Force) was the Movie near ruin studio Gainax. It is a really great film but competing against Akira in Cinemas made it a failure in revenues. T__T
Have you watched Moldiver?

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Nishizono Shinji
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Nishizono Shinji » 07 May 2019, 18:05

Ekkun wrote:Nyaann!!! Star Blazer = Space Battleship Yamato. I didn't watched it, but one of my favourites was Captain Harlock from same Mangaka Leiji Matsumoto.
[mention=113825]Nishizono Shinji[/mention] In Spain only the first Eps came in VHS format. It wa s interesting... but never have the chance to watch it the whole series.

Others i Enjoy was Lensman, It's said that George Lucas was inspired to create Star Wars from the same novels Lensman are Based on.
[mention=81149]Buta[/mention] Honeamise no Tsubasa ( Wins of Heneamise, or Royal Space Force) was the Movie near ruin studio Gainax. It is a really great film but competing against Akira in Cinemas made it a failure in revenues. T__T
Have you watched Moldiver?

Ooooo Lensman is fantastic and if you get the chance watch the whole Guyver series it is rather good if you like the mecha/sci fi type
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.