Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Re: Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 30 Jan 2020, 22:14

Lord Myne wrote:I think that would’ve been a good start for the anime too.

Yeah, me too!

I guess, they decided to do that, because a "impact" as for many people have been read the LN, or Manga previously than the anime.
I mean, in Japan mostly,... for Us, westerns ... sadly the Anime must discover the LN/Manga for more than the opposite (I guess... :p ),

I guess it ( starting for a forward point on anime, and then go back to previous point, to tell the plot. is a common resorce in anime adaptation. ( even in some Manga, I'd read like it. )

Same as He is appearing at the end of the Chaps, which what cut go in the next Chap.
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 10 Feb 2020, 18:07

I finihed reading the LN vol 3 (part one), and going to start with 2nd part Vol 1.
the "Interlude: Visiting Miss Corinna’s House" was amazing!!! how Main negotiate the Rigths of her hair pins. and so funniest hoy her sis told the plot.
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 16 Feb 2020, 22:31

The side stories are fun and not so much side stories. They really add to the overall story.

I’m watching the dubbed version. It’s interesting how they have then talk differently. Some are the same but other conversations are quite different. At least their overall meaning doesn’t change much.

It would seem Season 2 will premiere in Japan April 4th. It should start at the beginning of part 2. It’s only going to be 12 episodes. I wonder if they are going to cram all of part 2 into season 2? Part 2 is four books unlike 3 books for part 1 which was 14 episodes. I mean I’ve read the first two books of part 2 already and has enough content within those two books to cover 12 episodes easily. So either season 2 is going to be incredibly fast paced or a close to the same pace.

The Light novel part 2’s third book comes out April 20th. So if the anime covers all of part 2 it’ll out pace the Light Novels coming out in English.

I’ve read that the web story is complete and there will be a total of 5 parts.

The names of each part is a spoiler to each parts content too. So if you don’t want any spoilers don’t read what the names are of each part are.

I’m hoping Part 2 will be split into two seasons. The same for part 3. So the anime keeps a good pace. It’d mean part 4 would need to be split into three seasons since it consists of 9 volumes.

Part 5 volume 1 will be released in Japan in March. Supposedly Part 5 is the longest part of the Web Story. So another 8 at least or more light novels will be released to complete the final part, part 5.

I believe this story will remain fantastic until in concludes.

It also means part 5 won’t be completed until 2022 or later in Japan. If the anime only does 1 season per part it’ll run out of the source material quickly.

If they pace it with 2 for part two, 2 for part 3, 3 for 4, and at least 3 for part 5 if it runs that long anyways that will be 10 more seasons which would also go into 2022 even if it ran every season.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 17 Feb 2020, 13:51

wooow! I just finished yesterday 4th Volume ( that's is: Vol 1 Part 2 )... And today collect from Whsmith the 3 physical ones of Part 1.
I'm so overjoying with it <3
so you saying part 2 are 4 volumes more (tha's made 7 in total), ...and how about part 3? it are 3 or 4 more volumes ??
so the total series will end with about 25 to 30 Volumes quick !!!
Woow!
I beg sales of English keep well, to reach all series.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 17 Feb 2020, 13:55

BTW! I just realise that an Spoiler is on the map of the novels. jejejeje

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 17 Feb 2020, 18:30

Part 3 is 5 volumes. So book 8 through 12.

Book 13 through 21 is part 4

22+ probably at least 30 will part 5 which will be the last part.

But a spin-off has already started. Hopefully it’ll get published in English.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 17 Feb 2020, 18:31

Ekkun wrote:BTW! I just realise that an Spoiler is on the map of the novels. jejejeje
I must’ve missed it.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 18 Feb 2020, 19:12

Lord Myne wrote:I must’ve missed it.

Spoiler:  
??
... well. As far I've read... there no mention to any "Magic Sontes Store" ... Now acordig to Kindle, I've 40% of the 5th Book ( Vol 2 part 2)

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 19 Feb 2020, 12:47

It isn’t a spoiler just not that significant as of yet and may never be. It occurs after Myne starts going to the forest. I might be in a side story.

Spoiler:  
Recall a group of creatures that were chased then skinned to be cooked. They had to be careful because it was a magical beast. It turned to a nearly worthless stone if they failed. The meat was more valuable but they could sell this magic stone in the market.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 19 Feb 2020, 18:32

mmm… I haven't read this chap.
this is about in the first, or the 2nd Volume of Part one!?

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 19 Feb 2020, 22:06

YES! IT HAPPEN IN THE LN.!!!!

Ekkun wrote:I wanted to post this 2 weeks ago ...

Spoiler:  
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62756[/ATTACH]
Is how the Anime started, just after the Manga ends on Chap 33. (I'm still half of the first volume of the LN. But, so I beg it wont be much different ...) :smoke:

Spoiler:  
It's exactly how end the 5th Volumen (Vol2, Part 2). just before the Epilogue.
Just as I imagine when I read the description of the "Lecturing Room" … the first time the High Priest bring her in. I was neatly 90% sure it will happen!
I new it the Anime does put it for nothing!

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 19 Feb 2020, 22:20

I read it in the LN a bit ago and commented on it.

The anime added a lot of spoilers in that scene. Plus what led to it in the LN is significant which is not mentioned when the scene occurred.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 19 Feb 2020, 22:36

Ekkun wrote:mmm… I haven't read this chap.
this is about in the first, or the 2nd Volume of Part one!?
It’s a side story in the first book titled ‘A Day Without Myne’

Spoiler:  
That’s where magic stones are mentioned.

The map first appears in the 2nd book. So it isn’t a spoiler.

As I said before the side stories aren’t really side stories and should be part of the main story.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 19 Feb 2020, 22:44

Momogari wrote:This is the *** Hidden Content ***? I think that was a good part of the story and adds a fair bit of depth to her life. The fact that *** Hidden Content *** is an interesting card left to play. Her *** Hidden Content *** is a big deal too. I think this upcoming part of the story is great and will be better than the first season.
Of course, it will be simplified and truncated though...
[mention=6444]Momogari[/mention]
  Spoiler:  
If you have read the 5th book you’ll discover the trombe is far too dangerous to use to drain mana. It’d have to be highly regulated and controlled to be safe.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 08 Mar 2020, 08:05

Well, ANN post an article about the 2nd season. and Crunchy have now a promo SPOILER ( for those who have not read at least -Vol 2 Part 2-) :smoke:

Spoiler:  
[video=youtube_share;8BQs59MW7tA]https://youtu.be/8BQs59MW7tA[/video]

Really excited for next month!!!! 12 Ep more for 2 Books, Plus 2 eps OVA.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler: