Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Re: Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ryuuko » 12 Jan 2020, 22:51

I'm discovering more and more content that the anime just shouldn't have skipped over.

Light Novel spoilers
  Spoiler:  
It mentions in the book that's Benno's contract requires him to keep paying for the paper production. It also mentions that Main read a bunch about merchant laws.

In the book Main is refereed to as Benno's Water Goddess at one point.

Further, there's the part about the paper, Myne made the suggestion of the compromise to Benno for parchment to be used for official contracts.

There also the fact that trombe paper will be sold for a ton per sheet, because it turns its highly fire resistant, which isn't mention in the anime anywhere.

Then there's the reason why Myne is suddenly teaching Benno how to make the paper idea. It's because Myne wants supply to go up so demand will go down, thus make paper cheaper.

There's also the extra information about how contract magic works in their world. Others who aren't involved in a contract can't violate either or suffer consequences such as being killed by the magic. In other words if someone had spied on the kids making the paper and figuring it out, and tried to make said paper the magic would strike them dead because Myne is allowed to decide who can make paper and only Lutz can sell it.

In my opinion these are important factors in what's going in the story, but the anime doesn't mention anything about them.

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 13 Jan 2020, 04:11

Based on my memory:

Spoiler:  
Felia wrote:It mentions in the book that's Benno's contract requires him to keep paying for the paper production.

This was in the anime.

Felia wrote:It also mentions that Main read a bunch about merchant laws.

This wasn't in the anime.

Felia wrote:In the book Main is refereed to as Benno's Water Goddess at one point.

Felia wrote:Further, there's the part about the paper, Myne made the suggestion of the compromise to Benno for parchment to be used for official contracts.

This was in the anime.

Felia wrote:There also the fact that trombe paper will be sold for a ton per sheet, because it turns its highly fire resistant, which isn't mention in the anime anywhere.

Felia wrote:Then there's the reason why Myne is suddenly teaching Benno how to make the paper idea. It's because Myne wants supply to go up so demand will go down, thus make paper cheaper.

Felia wrote:There's also the extra information about how contract magic works in their world. Others who aren't involved in a contract can't violate either or suffer consequences such as being killed by the magic. In other words if someone had spied on the kids making the paper and figuring it out, and tried to make said paper the magic would strike them dead because Myne is allowed to decide who can make paper and only Lutz can sell it.

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 13 Jan 2020, 04:42

Spoiler:  
As in paying until Myne gets baptized. It made it seem, it stopped after they presented the first set of paper to Benno. It did not, Benno had to keep paying because that was the deal of the contract until Myne was baptized. Myne figured out this was the case. Benno made it seem in the book just like in the anime he was done paying for the paper. In the anime it never went back to state Benno still had to pay and Myne had figured this out.

Myne and Lutz was hidden while Benno worked out the starting a new paper guild.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 18 Jan 2020, 18:09

I’ve almost finished the 1st volume of part 2 of the LN.

I can say based on that the 2nd season is going to be quite different from the first.

It’s not going to be about making books or Myne’s home life.
本好きの下剋上

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 19 Jan 2020, 03:19

Lord Myne wrote:I’ve almost finished the 1st volume of part 2 of the LN.

I can say based on that the 2nd season is going to be quite different from the first.

It’s not going to be about making books or Myne’s home life.

This is the orphanage? I think that was a good part of the story and adds a fair bit of depth to her life. The fact that trombe can be used to handle her migui and that she has a way out of the church is an interesting card left to play. Her gaining workers is a big deal too. I think this upcoming part of the story is great and will be better than the first season.
Of course, it will be simplified and truncated though...
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 20 Jan 2020, 18:14

Yes, indeed. Though I didn’t know about the special card to play, but I certainly suspected that might be the case.

The anime adaptation of those events I’m sure will be quite entertaining.

I’m 70% complete with volume 1 of part 2. I’ll be purchasing volume 2 of part 2 today.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 21 Jan 2020, 22:36

I wanted to post this 2 weeks ago ...

Spoiler:  
The attachment Maine_Ep-01_intro.jpg is no longer available
Is how the Anime started, just after the Manga ends on Chap 33. (I'm still half of the first volume of the LN. But, so I beg it wont be much different ...) :smoke:

I really love it so much, that I give as Birthday present a physical 1st Volumen of the LN to my older sister.
he he he, she is kind weird with books as Maine. XD
Attachments
Maine_Ep-01_intro.jpg
Maine_Ep-01_intro.jpg (97.2 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 21 Jan 2020, 22:45

Felia wrote:I'm discovering more and more content that the anime just shouldn't have skipped over.

Light Novel spoilers
  Spoiler:  
It mentions in the book that's Benno's contract requires him to keep paying for the paper production. It also mentions that Main read a bunch about merchant laws.

Further, there's the part about the paper, Myne made the suggestion of the compromise to Benno for parchment to be used for official contracts.

There also the fact that trombe paper will be sold for a ton per sheet, because it turns its highly fire resistant, which isn't mention in the anime anywhere.

Then there's the reason why Myne is suddenly teaching Benno how to make the paper idea. It's because Myne wants supply to go up so demand will go down, thus make paper cheaper.

There's also the extra information about how contract magic works in their world. Others who aren't involved in a contract can't violate either or suffer consequences such as being killed by the magic. In other words if someone had spied on the kids making the paper and figuring it out, and tried to make said paper the magic would strike them dead because Myne is allowed to decide who can make paper and only Lutz can sell it.

In my opinion these are important factors in what's going in the story, but the anime doesn't mention anything about them.

In the Manga also they give some more info that isn't in the anime.
I'm in the Chapter of LN when Maine and Lutz sign the Contract Magic with Benno-san ... ( more or les half of 1st Volume par 1) ... I know that in the Manga also cut a lot from the LN/WN like the Chap when ...
  Spoiler:  
Maine father, thoug she will become a criminal, for what she want to do to Fey and other after Smash the "Clay Tablets" he he he
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 21 Jan 2020, 22:46

Lucky you! I have to wait a lots until physical release of the LN. T__T
Digital goes more far than paper edition. TT__TT

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 21 Jan 2020, 22:54

Lord Myne wrote: ...

I’m 70% complete with volume 1 of part 2. I’ll be purchasing volume 2 of part 2 today.

Lucky you [mention=1132]Lord Myne[/mention], I have to wait a bit longer for the physical release. Book*Walker has only 5 volume ? ... I thought they have more. :p

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 21 Jan 2020, 23:10

Felia wrote:I'm discovering more and more content that the anime just shouldn't have skipped over.

Light Novel spoilers
  Spoiler:  

Also, in the anime Myne use a "duvet" to catch on the door grip to open it ... in the Light novel,
  Spoiler:  
she specify that she wont use herself because the dirt in the floor...
and so on, she decide to use her parents one ... And they scold her for do that.
hehehehe

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 22 Jan 2020, 00:30

Ekkun wrote:I wanted to post this 2 weeks ago ...

Spoiler:  
[ATTACH=CONFIG]62756[/ATTACH]
Is how the Anime started, just after the Manga ends on Chap 33. (I'm still half of the first volume of the LN. But, so I beg it wont be much different ...) :smoke:

I really love it so much, that I give as Birthday present a physical 1st Volumen of the LN to my older sister.
he he he, she is kind weird with books as Maine. XD

I see so this scene does occur in the Manga, when the High Priest reads Myne’s mind or past.

I still don’t know if it occurs in the LN. Though I read a review that claims this scene did not occur in the Manga or LN. Not sure why someone would lie about it, seems a bit foolish as their point will not be taken seriously now.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Post by Ekkun » 25 Jan 2020, 17:37

Lord Myne wrote:I see so this scene does occur in the Manga, when the High Priest reads Myne’s mind or past.

No. It only occurs in the anime. I read recently both, LN and Manga, and both start with Urano's live. Describing her wishes for live ... and dying ...

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 30 Jan 2020, 01:53

So I just finished reading volume 2 of Part 2. It’ll be April before the next one is available.

Spoiler:  
The scene at the beginning of the anime where the High Priest reads Myne’s Mind does occur. However the content of why it happened is so important that they just shouldn’t have shown the scene yet. It was a terrible decision in my opinion. Plus, what happened after using the magic item was completely different.

At least the rest of the anime has been done fairly well.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 30 Jan 2020, 01:54

Ekkun wrote:No. It only occurs in the anime. I read recently both, LN and Manga, and both start with Urano's live. Describing her wishes for live ... and dying ...

I think that would’ve been a good start for the anime too.
本好きの下剋上