[G] The A-Z of Anime & Manga Titles

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

MakiChan
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by MakiChan » 03 Jul 2022, 08:23

My Dress-Up Darling
"If they should take me
Then may they break me
Kill me
Burn me
But I'll stay torched into the heart"
The Phalanx - Trivium

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 03 Jul 2022, 18:47

Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin (Alderamin on the Sky)

Ikta Solork is a carefree young man who only wants two things in life: a woman on his arm and a place to nap. Unfortunately, his peaceful life is destroyed when war breaks out between the Katjvarna Empire and the neighboring Republic of Kioka. Ikta and his childhood friend, Yatorishino Igsem, join the army as military officers, where they meet the infantryman Matthew Tetojirichi, the sniper Torway Remion, and the medic Haroma Becker on a boat heading for the military exam site.

However, after a rogue storm sinks their vessel, the five of them end up in enemy territory near a military outpost. There, they discover that the heir to the Katjvarnan throne, Princess Chamille Kitora Katjvanmaninik, has been taken hostage. The five are able to rescue her, and as a reward, each one of them is granted the title of Imperial Knight—one of the highest honors a soldier can receive. It seems that Ikta will have to put his dream of tranquility on hold, as he must now become the hero he never wanted to be.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 03 Jul 2022, 21:01

Okko's Inn (movie)

After a tragic car accident following a festival that killed her parents, Okko is taken in by her grandmother, who runs a small inn. Thanks to Makoto Tateuri, she is tricked into offering to be the inn's next caretaker. Only nobody knows Makoto's tricked her, as he's a ghost that only she can see.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 04 Jul 2022, 20:21

Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! (Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father!)

Yuuta Segawa has just started his freshman year of university. One day, his sister Yuri, who raised him after their parents died, asks him to take care of her daughters Hina, Sora and Miu while she and her husband go overseas on a business trip. Yuuta grudgingly accepts, but tragedy strikes when their plane goes missing and all passengers are presumed dead. In an effort to prevent the three girls from being split up, Yuuta goes against their family and takes them in, just as his sister took him in when he had no one else.

Now the four find themselves in a new and peculiar situation: Yuuta must learn how to balance his new responsibilities—as the newest member of the Street Observation Research Society, a club for people watching, and also as a father figure—while Sora, Miu, and Hina come to terms with the loss of their parents.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 07 Jul 2022, 02:32

Quiz Magic Academy

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 08 Jul 2022, 10:31

RDG: Red Data Girl.

Fifteen-year-old Izumiko Suzuhara just wants to be a normal girl, but that is easier said than done. Raised in a shrine deep in the mountains, she grew up extremely sheltered and painfully shy. She also has the unfortunate tendency to destroy any electronic device simply by touching it.

Despite this, she still wants to try and change her life. To mark her determination to follow through on this transformation, Izumiko begins by cutting her bangs, which shocks both her classmates and protectors. And that's only the start! Her guardian, Yukimasa Sagara, forces his son, Miyuki, to come to the mountain shrine and become Izumiko's lifelong servant and protector. Too bad Izumiko and Miyuki cannot stand each other. They have known each other since they were children, and Miyuki bullied her terribly. He simply does not understand what is so special about Izumiko. His father calls Izumiko a goddess, but that cannot be true…can it? Will Izumiko and Miyuki work past their differences? Is she actually a literal goddess? Find out in RDG: Red Data Girl!

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Expendable » 13 Jul 2022, 02:13

Sky Crawlers, The

The kildren are immortal, appearing as teens. And the only way they can die is in combat - so they fly out in battle, knowing this flight may be their last.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 13 Jul 2022, 12:24

Expendable wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 02:13
Sky Crawlers, The

The kildren are immortal, appearing as teens. And the only way they can die is in combat - so they fly out in battle, knowing this flight may be their last.

Nice choice.

Toaru Hikuushi e no Tsuioku (The Princess and the Pilot)

The war between the Levamme Empire and the Amatsukami Imperium has been raging for years. In the midst of this struggle, the prince of the Levamme Empire declares his love for Juana del Moral and vows to end the war in one year, as part of his marriage proposal. When the Amatsukami catch wind of this, they assault the del Moral residence, targeting Juana's life. As a last ditch effort to bring the prince his bride, the San Maltilia Airforce hires a mercenary of mixed blood—a bestado—to fly Juana to the Levamme capital in secret. The pilot, Charles, accepts the mission...but traversing an ocean alone, into enemy territory, proves a much more dangerous ordeal than anyone could have anticipated.