Ascendance of a Bookworm

Discuss anime and manga in here! From fully-fledged otaku, to new people to the genres, feel free to discuss!

Moderators: Expendable, Ojisama, Beex

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 14 Jun 2021, 22:41

Latest chapter was great. Prince Anastasius was a tense surprise.

Spoiler:  
Perhaps Rozemyne will end up doing more friendly and less coerced favors for the prince as it relates to Eglantine.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 15 Jun 2021, 08:56

Momogari wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 22:41
INDEEED !!
Momogari wrote:
  Spoiler:  
Perhaps Rozemyne will end up doing more friendly and less coerced favors for the prince as it relates to Eglantine.

mmm... did I miss something there ??
... I may need to re-read this chap again. hehehe.

now, Time to read last part.
Book 14 (of 26+?...) Part 4, Volume 2. Prepublication part II (2) …

Bookworm Adventure times!
貴族院の自称図書委員 :smoke:
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.
:nod:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

My Army is ready! ... but, what about yours?

Spoiler:  
My Nintendo Switch Friend code: 5732-2848-3981

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 15 Jun 2021, 09:28

:dance: Very good and teresting point!

=Googled it > Coy & paste =
The five laws of library science is a theory that S. R. Ranganathan proposed in 1931, detailing the principles of operating a library system. Many librarians from around the world accept the laws as the foundations of their philosophy.[1][2]

These laws are:

Books are for use.
Every reader his or her book.
Every book its reader.
Save the time of the reader.
A library is a growing organism.

First Law: Books are for use
The first law constitutes the basis for the library services. Dr. Ranganathan observed that books were often chained to prevent their removal and that the emphasis was on storage and preservation rather than use. He did not reject the notion that preservation and storage were important, but he asserted that the purpose of such activities should be to promote use. Without user access to materials, there is little value in these items. By emphasizing use, Dr. Ranganathan refocused the attention of the field to access-related issues,[2] such as the library's location, loan policies, hours and days of operation, the quality of staffing, and mundane matters, such as library furniture and temperature control.

The first law of library science, "Books are for use," means that books in libraries are not meant to be shut away from users.

Second Law: Every reader his or her book
The second law of library science, "Every reader his or her book," means that librarians are to serve a wide collection of patrons, acquire literature to fit a wide variety of needs, and refrain from judging what specific patrons choose to read. Librarians should respect that everyone is different and that everyone has different tastes regarding the books they choose.

Third Law: Every book its reader
The third law of library science, "Every book its reader," means all books have a place in the library, even if only a small demographic might choose to read them.

Fourth Law: Save the time of the reader
The fourth law of library science, "Save the time of the user," means that all patrons should be able to easily locate the materials they desire quickly and efficiently.

Fifth Law: A library is a growing organism
The fifth law of library science, "A library is a growing organism," means that a library should be a dynamic institution that is never static in its outlook. Books, methods, and the physical library should be updated over time.
The Royal Academy Library is under the the administration of royalty, ​and its books are subsequently the property of royalty.
Those who do not return their books before leaving the Academy will be deemed criminals, and their Aub will be informed of this in the name of the King.
From that point, we will activate the contract magic, for the vow of Mestionora the goddess of wisdom will have been broken.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 15 Jun 2021, 13:03

Momogari wrote:

Spoiler:  
Okey!,I haven't read yet this Chaps when you wrote this post.
heheh

Know I know what I was missing in my first quoted reply. ...
Hehehehe.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 15 Jun 2021, 21:15

Yes, more specifically,
  Spoiler:  
I wonder if Rozemyne will end up being a royal matchmaker/conspirator and help Anastasius win Eglantine. At least, I can't imagine his hostility towards her survives her fascination with others' romance, and why the fuck shouldn't Rozemyne meddle in the affairs of royals? That seems in par with how this story tends to escalate.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 15 Jun 2021, 22:12

I too enjoyed these last few chapters that just came out.

Spoiler:  
For the last chapter, it was intriguing how Rozemyne made Eglantine flushed and they state if Rozemyne was male she would have fallen in love. It stunned Prince Anastasius. It seems that the prince doesn't ever actually say what's on his mind. His words are guarded. Though I do think he is quite rude. He perfectly knew Rozemyne could not sell anything to him, he was trying to please Eglantine by acquiring the Rinsham for her to use. Then he went and demanded a song right after. I think he was trying to prove Rozemyne was incapable of doing so and it was actually others who had prepared her to look well. Which I'm sure has happened quite often to be frank, so I don't really think less of the prince for doing this. But it was pretty awesome that he was so stunned that she could compose and done so immediately his speech had failed him.

As for what I found also fun was the 5 laws of the Library that Ekkun mentioned above. I hadn't known that, shame on me really. But it was really cool to learn about.

Seems all the men prefer the taste of alcohol in Bookworm. These chapters were pretty much all about tea parties.

I did hear that in 4.2 or 4.3 there will be a side story from Eglantine's point of view and I believe the latest chapter is included in it. Same for Anastasius, one from his PoV too. I think the Prince is 4.2 and Eglantine is 4.3. But won't be until last part comes out.

本好きの下剋上

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 15 Jun 2021, 22:22

Lord Myne wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 22:12

Spoiler:  
I did hear that in 4.2 or 4.3 there will be a side story from Eglantine's point of view and I believe the latest chapter is included in it. Same for Anastasius, one from his PoV too. I think the Prince is 4.2 and Eglantine is 4.3. But won't be until last part comes out.

Those will not be bad side stories. I want to know what he really thinks.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Tanya » 15 Jun 2021, 22:26

Agreed I'm looking forward to both of those side stories.
本好きの下剋上

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 17 Jun 2021, 11:22

Lord Myne wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 22:26
Agreed I'm looking forward to both of those side stories.

INDEED !! same here.

And me either, I din't know about those 5 Library laws, before have read about it in Bookwormverse.

Quite instructive., same with the "decimal" system for ordering the Books topics.
This I have hear something before... but din't put much attention to it.

hehe.
Am I so eager for next.bunch of Side histories.
Some are originals for the Books, some may be lightly alteration from WN chaps.

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 21 Jun 2021, 21:23

YEah! it's our Lovey kawaii Weirdo-bookworm time !!!!
  Spoiler:  
first golden pearl ...
Quote:
... "I supose it might be wisefor me to live in the dormitory while Lady Rozemine is attending the academy ..." Hirschur mused.
"I am struck with the feeling that she will only continue to cause chaos."
<3<3<3

Profesor Hirschur, is getting presence in the main plot ... hehehe :dance:

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ekkun
Standard Member
Spain

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ekkun » 21 Jun 2021, 23:10

OMFG!!! this last part was C O M P L E T E L Y  - A W E S O M E ! ! ! ! ! ! 

And yeah, it reveals the picture of the Book cover, a Game of DITTER !!!!!

Spoiler:  
between the 2nd Duchy of Dunkelfelger, Vs the 13th Duchy of Ehrenfest... and of course, will be Ehrenfest the game winner!?  :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Make your bets!!! 

| 歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩 | 
|  角     飛    |
| 香桂銀金王金銀桂香 |

Spoiler:  

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ryuuko » 21 Jun 2021, 23:23

Ekkun wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 23:10
OMFG!!! this last part was C O M P L E T E L Y - A W E S O M E ! ! ! ! ! !

And yeah, it reveals the picture of the Book cover, a Game of DITTER !!!!!

Spoiler:  
between the 2nd Duchy of Dunkelfelger, Vs the 13th Duchy of Ehrenfest... and of course, will be Ehrenfest the game winner!? :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Make your bets!!!
Is that even a question?

Spoiler:  
The bet involves the Library or assistants to the Library, the Holy Land according to Rozemyne. Only Ehrenfest can win this. Dunkelfelger will get a lost here. They just can't win when the precious library is on the line. If it was any other match that didn't involve the Library of course Ehrenfest would be smashed, no competition.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 22 Jun 2021, 01:07

I feel like this story has surprised me before but Ehrenfest's loss would indeed be a surprise to me still.
I feel like Ehrenfest's win would have more clear value for celebration of progression and legend-building than its loss would have value for character or story development.
But even so, the
  Spoiler:  
competition can't be too far away. Ehrenfest hasn't had much time to put its ditter strategies in practice yet I think.
I suppose Rozemyne will come up with something creative.

Why the fuck do I read this weekly. I want the next 14 books to be ready now.

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Ryuuko » 22 Jun 2021, 11:11

If you really want to read the LN ahead there are some options to do that. But I don’t recommend them. You can always choose to wait two or three years before reading again. All the LNs should be published in English in 3 years.

3 years = 19 books by current pace of English translation publications

I’m reading the Web Novels which are all available but it’s MTL=Machine Translated. MTL isn’t that easy to read. So I’m reading it once in awhile so at a slow pace. I’m at 4.6.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Ascendance of a Bookworm

Post by Momogari » 22 Jun 2021, 23:13

I read a terrible translation of mushoku tensei. I dont want to do that.