The good, the bad, the cuddly(bear) [LilMissLarBear]

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 30 Aug 2023, 12:57

I had the interview this morning and got the call about an hour later to say I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!! :dance: I cant believe it! I will be starting a new journey as a Minibus Passenger Attendant when I get my DBS through!

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 30 Aug 2023, 13:23

LilMissLarBear wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 12:57
I had the interview this morning and got the call about an hour later to say I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!! :dance: I cant believe it! I will be starting a new journey as a Minibus Passenger Attendant when I get my DBS through!

Well done :)

I should've done training this morning for my new job, but Dad told me on Monday that someone was coming today to fit a new desk in the Office, so I had to reschedule, and because my contact from work has the communication skills of a duck, I won't get the training till the 13th of September, which means I probably won't work next month. I wouldn't mind but I was looking forward to that.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 30 Aug 2023, 19:34

richardallen1976 wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 13:23
LilMissLarBear wrote:

Well done :)

I should've done training this morning for my new job, but Dad told me on Monday that someone was coming today to fit a new desk in the Office, so I had to reschedule, and because my contact from work has the communication skills of a duck, I won't get the training till the 13th of September, which means I probably won't work next month. I wouldn't mind but I was looking forward to that.

oh nice, you got a new job too?! Doing what? Sorry if its already been mentioned ive been MIA for a couple of weeks or so

Lauren
VG mod

djd001
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by djd001 » 31 Aug 2023, 07:20

LilMissLarBear wrote:
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:
Once you’ve met someone, you never really forget them. it just takes a while for your memories to return

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 31 Aug 2023, 17:09

Thank you to both of you :) I still had to come into a job center appointment and I'm still made to look for jobs which is annoying. I was told (and already fully aware) that my DBS could take weeks and I could already find something else in that time. Not being funny but I'm not willing to give up a permanent council job that could work perfectly around my studying even if it is full time and more hours than I'm used to working in a week. Me and my dad were both in agreement that it was a bit silly :/ I guess there's nothing stopping me from just "looking" and not actually applying.

Lauren
VG mod

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 31 Aug 2023, 17:26

LilMissLarBear wrote:
31 Aug 2023, 17:09
Thank you to both of you :) I still had to come into a job center appointment and I'm still made to look for jobs which is annoying. I was told (and already fully aware) that my DBS could take weeks and I could already find something else in that time. Not being funny but I'm not willing to give up a permanent council job that could work perfectly around my studying even if it is full time and more hours than I'm used to working in a week. Me and my dad were both in agreement that it was a bit silly :/ I guess there's nothing stopping me from just "looking" and not actually applying.

Oh yeah, I've suffered the incompetence of Job Centre Plus several times over the years, and they've suffered my wrath more than once.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 31 Aug 2023, 18:21

Like... its a bit pointless and a waste of my time too because its not like I quit my job, I havent handed in my notice yet, not until I get a starting date confirmed. So if I am waiting on my DBS I have a few more weeks at my current job until I start my new one and I told the guy all this he just basically repeated everything that he said :/

Lauren
VG mod

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 31 Aug 2023, 18:27

LilMissLarBear wrote:
31 Aug 2023, 18:21
Like... its a bit pointless and a waste of my time too because its not like I quit my job, I havent handed in my notice yet, not until I get a starting date confirmed. So if I am waiting on my DBS I have a few more weeks at my current job until I start my new one and I told the guy all this he just basically repeated everything that he said :/

Absolutely, if there was an Award for ineptitude, most JCP staff would be shoo-ins.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 03 Sep 2023, 17:18

Study materials have been acquired since yesterday! Took the time today to make some kind of study schedule/daily routine that has my rough work hours and other commitments and basically allocated study slots that I could do. Also flicked through the first parts of the text books to sort of work out a predicted time to spend on each section. Made an early start on the first chapter with a predicted completion time of 2.5 hours including breaks (I do a 25 minute : 5 minutes Pomodoro method) and I was pretty much spot on. This is super helpful for organising how much studying i need to do a week. Not all is done though, my other module is all online and the online resources have not become available yet- that will open up on the 12th

I hope everyone is having a great day, Ive got my Sunday quiz to look forward to then chill out for the rest of the evening :dance:

Lauren
VG mod

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 04 Sep 2023, 21:47

good luck on your quiz!

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 04 Sep 2023, 21:50

Oh shit I forgot to tell you guys on my quiz :soul: I had it yesterday and I came 8th out of 130+ people :dance:

Lauren
VG mod

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 05 Sep 2023, 21:19

*highfives* heck yeah girlfriend

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 05 Sep 2023, 22:08

lolin wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 21:19
*highfives* heck yeah girlfriend

Thanks! Look at me being a quizzer lol saying that I've been getting a buzz from quizzing! Special interest who?? :sweatdrop:

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 13 Sep 2023, 08:31

Have had quite a full on week last week, many appointments attended/made and starting to tie up loose ends with pre-employment checks. My fourth year of study unofficially started yesterday and with all the materials delivered and module sites open I have decided to make an early start. I find it quite easy to fall behind so I would like to make as big of a headstart and form some kind of routine before official start.

Lauren
VG mod

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 20 Sep 2023, 20:25

I'm gonna start AoT S3 like Monday

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b