The good, the bad, the cuddly(bear) [LilMissLarBear]

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 31 Jul 2023, 22:19

I hope you are well. I had COVID back at the start and it lasted for 11 days. Like stuck in bed sick. But I enjoy being ill like that. I forced myself to drink beer and watched bad movies which always seem good when I'm sick. But I don't recommend drinking as medicine to anyone.

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GFX by:Ioreth

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 31 Jul 2023, 22:39

Oh one day I literally binged watched escape the night of YouTube which looks trashy as heck but at the same time so addictive to watch lol. All these YouTubers are cast and it's basically a load of puzzles and "survival of the fittest" sort of thing. The acting in this is so bad it's good XD

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 01 Aug 2023, 09:43

Snowballs wrote:
31 Jul 2023, 22:19
I hope you are well. I had COVID back at the start and it lasted for 11 days. Like stuck in bed sick. But I enjoy being ill like that. I forced myself to drink beer and watched bad movies which always seem good when I'm sick. But I don't recommend drinking as medicine to anyone.

No, it's usually heavy drinking that makes people sick in the first place.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 01 Aug 2023, 15:01

Today Ive done nothing but panic, things are not turning out as planned money wise and I think its time to move on for somewhere thats more secure to work. I still would like to do teaching assistant work and Ive found a couple of jobs that are much closer to where Im gettng sent to so even if i do full time it should still work around my studying as I wont be arriving back home by 5pm every day. I also have this stupid cover letter to write for student finance and probably disability support to sort out at some point but cant rn because I need to wait until after this meeting to discuss what sort of support I would need for my autism. It just feels overwhelming rn.

Lauren
VG mod

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 01 Aug 2023, 15:02

LilMissLarBear wrote:
01 Aug 2023, 15:01
Today Ive done nothing but panic, things are not turning out as planned money wise and I think its time to move on for somewhere thats more secure to work. I still would like to do teaching assistant work and Ive found a couple of jobs that are much closer to where Im gettng sent to so even if i do full time it should still work around my studying as I wont be arriving back home by 5pm every day. I also have this stupid cover letter to write for student finance and probably disability support to sort out at some point but cant rn because I need to wait until after this meeting to discuss what sort of support I would need for my autism. It just feels overwhelming rn.

I feel your pain, if you ever want to vent, my inbox is always open :)
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 09 Aug 2023, 18:19

I've been away for a bit from being really ill still. My cough started to get worse to the point where I had to call 111 as I was puking everywhere from coughing. Ive been on medicine for nearly a week and I'm starting to feel a bit better now. My throat isn't in tip top shape as I would like to so with 2 weeks until the big Pride performance with choir I'm probably gonna have to sit out practice tomorrow :(

Lauren
VG mod

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 09 Aug 2023, 20:50

Have you considered joining an agency for your TA work? You get to experience lots of schools, and when you find a good one you can be ahead of the curve if a permanent position come up.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 09 Aug 2023, 22:55

Ojisama wrote:
09 Aug 2023, 20:50
Have you considered joining an agency for your TA work? You get to experience lots of schools, and when you find a good one you can be ahead of the curve if a permanent position come up.

I already am a part of an agency but I don't get paid over the holidays (gets really tricky for money over the summer holidays) pay altogether could be a bit more too. I'm thinking of something completely different or a more permanent job and just completely reduce my study hour. Either way I feel pressured to leave anyway because my mum would not stop yapping about how I don't do anything over the summer so I think it's about time I leave my job just to shut her up

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 13 Aug 2023, 17:34

Oh my god its happening, I got a job interview on Tuesday!! This would be perfect if I get this. I would imagine I would roughly be on the same hours and similar pay but it is much closer to home and I dont have to worry about lack of pay over the holidays :dance:

Lauren
VG mod

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 13 Aug 2023, 19:15

Ojisama wrote:

I'd personally avoid Agencies, I've tried most of the ones in Town for work, they just mess you about.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 13 Aug 2023, 19:24

Thing is with agencies is that I think they are great to get your foot in the door, I would actually recommend it if anyone wants to get started with work because they would take you on straight away. I wouldn't say they are the best if further down the line you want something permanent and they can leave you a bit short of work sometimes. A fellow colleague once told me she works for 2 agencies just to make sure she gets enough work so yeah :/

richardallen1976 wrote:
13 Aug 2023, 19:15
Ojisama wrote:

they just mess you about.

and yeah I sort of get that and ive had bookings cancel on me and stuff just minutes after agreeing to take up the job it is a pain indeed. From my experience its not the agencies fault, it has been the schools that the agency is trying to make a booking with. The agency is basically the mediator in a way.

Lauren
VG mod

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 13 Aug 2023, 20:38

LilMissLarBear wrote:
13 Aug 2023, 19:24
Thing is with agencies is that I think they are great to get your foot in the door, I would actually recommend it if anyone wants to get started with work because they would take you on straight away. I wouldn't say they are the best if further down the line you want something permanent and they can leave you a bit short of work sometimes. A fellow colleague once told me she works for 2 agencies just to make sure she gets enough work so yeah :/

richardallen1976 wrote:
13 Aug 2023, 19:15
Ojisama wrote:

they just mess you about.

and yeah I sort of get that and ive had bookings cancel on me and stuff just minutes after agreeing to take up the job it is a pain indeed. From my experience its not the agencies fault, it has been the schools that the agency is trying to make a booking with. The agency is basically the mediator in a way.

I once went to a place in Town, bloke behind the desk saw me, and told me to go to Remploy! I didn't even tell him I'm disabled, he could somehow tell! I was like, WTF?! In the end I did go to Remploy, on Campo Lane behind the Cathedral, complete and utter waste of time.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 27 Aug 2023, 14:14

Has been a stressful week so I havent been on here as much. A lot has been going on and Ive been finding it tricky to regulate emotions because of the stress triggering it. I finally get to use today to rest and recharge. And probably finally play games again!

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 29 Aug 2023, 18:12

Have a job interview tomorrow! Hopefully I will get more luck from this one. I have at least one more interview lined up if this doesn't work out anyway

Lauren
VG mod

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 29 Aug 2023, 18:35

LilMissLarBear wrote:
29 Aug 2023, 18:12
Have a job interview tomorrow! Hopefully I will get more luck from this one. I have at least one more interview lined up if this doesn't work out anyway

Good luck :D

I have 2 and half hours of training tomorrow morning for a new job that's supposed to start sometime next month.

Hopefully she'll tell me when and where the first visit is.

Although she did tell me last week that it's in either Mansfield or Nottingham, preferably Nottingham as that's nearer.