The good, the bad, the cuddly(bear) [LilMissLarBear]

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 14 Jan 2024, 22:21

What book would you read if you're going to the coffee shop?
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 14 Jan 2024, 22:21

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 14 Jan 2024, 22:56

LikkleMel wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 22:21

Assuming we are talking a new book here, I love reading crime fiction/serial killer thrillers! They are exciting to read, I love books that just grip you from the start. But I have a feeling that I will be close to finishing this book I have now which is called "The 20" by Sam Holland. I have been struggling to read after work because I get too tired. I have about 120 pages left I think I might try and do a little bit here and there before the weekend and finish it off Sunday

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 14 Jan 2024, 23:16

LilMissLarBear wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 22:56
LikkleMel wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 22:21

Assuming we are talking a new book here, I love reading crime fiction/serial killer thrillers! They are exciting to read, I love books that just grip you from the start. But I have a feeling that I will be close to finishing this book I have now which is called "The 20" by Sam Holland. I have been struggling to read after work because I get too tired. I have about 120 pages left I think I might try and do a little bit here and there before the weekend and finish it off Sunday

Ahh ok :) My mum had a book on Jimmy Savile book that I want to read. So, the BBC Drama The Reckoning is about bascially a dramastization of Plain Sight by Dan Davies where he was the last person to talk to Jimmy about his life before he died. I really want to read that at some point.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 14 Jan 2024, 23:16

Let's all take a moment to appreciate the fact I suddenly want to go to Liverpool con XD i get paid tomorrow it's tempting lol

Lauren
VG mod

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 14 Jan 2024, 23:22

LilMissLarBear wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 23:16
Let's all take a moment to appreciate the fact I suddenly want to go to Liverpool con XD i get paid tomorrow it's tempting lol

I wouldn't say don't do it :soul:

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 14 Jan 2024, 23:26

LikkleMel wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 23:22
LilMissLarBear wrote:

I wouldn't say don't do it :soul:

Lol I know you won't XD and I feel like it's a scenario waiting to happen the thought is there now! Just had a look at the conbook this seriously tops Leeds and Manchester I'm not even joking

Edit: not to mention I can't make Manchester *again* and I'm too impatient to wait for Leeds lol

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 15 Jan 2024, 18:16

100% cba my head is killing from having a meltdown at work fml

Lauren
VG mod

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 15 Jan 2024, 19:42

That was me from Thursday till my day off today

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 15 Jan 2024, 20:43

LilMissLarBear wrote:

As much as I'd be willing to travel over to Scouseland, even with a disabled railcard for a third off, the fare would be about £53 return for 2 of us.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 15 Jan 2024, 20:44

I honestly have no energy to pretend I'm ok. I don't even have the energy to string a normal sentence together. I spent the past hour just being in a weird mood because decorum has gone out the window. I tried to convince myself I am a bear version of Jesus by materialising ice cream out of thin air and that Joe Biden should give me a US visa just so I can eat cheese over there...yeah.... This is No Filter Lauren this evening lol

Lauren
VG mod

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 15 Jan 2024, 20:46

LilMissLarBear wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 20:44
I honestly have no energy to pretend I'm ok. I don't even have the energy to string a normal sentence together. I spent the past hour just being in a weird mood because decorum has gone out the window. I tried to convince myself I am a bear version of Jesus by materialising ice cream out of thin air and that Joe Biden should give me a US visa just so I can eat cheese over there...yeah.... This is No Filter Lauren this evening lol

Ha ha, I know you have Mod powers so you can use bad words and say it didn't happen (not that I'd encourage such behaviour of course ;) )
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 15 Jan 2024, 20:46

Rich-Allen1976 wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 20:43
LilMissLarBear wrote:

As much as I'd be willing to travel over to Scouseland, even with a disabled railcard for a third off, the fare would be about £53 return for 2 of us.

My UK geography is rubbish isn't Sheffield closer to Liverpool than what Halifax is? (I can look this up don't be pressed for an answer) I managed to get a return for £39 was expecting more tbh. Then again I need to get like 4 trains XD that bit I'm not looking forward to

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 15 Jan 2024, 20:48

Ok so get this, Sheffield doesn't even look that further away from Liverpool compared to Halifax to Liverpool the heck :confuse:

Lauren
VG mod

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 15 Jan 2024, 20:55

LilMissLarBear wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 20:46
Rich-Allen1976 wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 20:43
LilMissLarBear wrote:

My UK geography is rubbish isn't Sheffield closer to Liverpool than what Halifax is? (I can look this up don't be pressed for an answer) I managed to get a return for £39 was expecting more tbh. Then again I need to get like 4 trains XD that bit I'm not looking forward to

Not really, Sheffield's more Eastern, Liverpool's about 2 hours North West, about 40 minutes from Manchester as I recall.

Also, after 22 years of watching Brookside between 1982-2004, I am pretty much fluent in Scouse accents.