The good, the bad, the cuddly(bear) [LilMissLarBear]

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 18 Oct 2023, 19:18

LilMissWerebear wrote:
18 Oct 2023, 18:03
Having a lil train of thought rn. Something has been playing on my mind for the past hour or so and it's about my friend wanting me to keep a secret. For context we known each other for over 14 years and we can basically tell each other anything. But all she's kept saying to me for the past couple of days is "don't tell *insert name here*" "are you going to promise you won't tell". Every time we are in social contact I hear it every hour if not more frequently than that.

Before anyone jumps saying it should be of concern if it's that urgent, really it isn't I can assure you guys it's a "safe" secret and nothing to suggest it's otherwise.

But anyway... For a bit it messed with me a bit because I kinda sensed that she doesn't trust me if she's repeating it over and over again. Let me reiterate that I've known her for 14 years and counting and not once have I ever broke trust in her. I don't care enough to stir the pot and let secrets out unless if keeping one is putting the person in danger. Anyway it then started playing in my head that she doesn't trust me and it's been sticking in my head. Even after asking her just earlier how I felt and even told her this it's still sticking with me and it's making me feel like a really shitty person :( because it's a snow ball effect of you think about it. If you think someone close to you doesn't trust you then you think if anyone else feels the same way. And now I feel like I'm not a trustworthy person :(

Depends what the secret is but if they're trusting you with a confidence, personally I wouldn't say anything unless you absolutely have to.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 18 Oct 2023, 19:25

She basically asked me to not tell her mum that she has a guy friend. She's told me about him, I met the guy when they both FaceTimed and he seems like a sound guy so it's nothing to be of concern safety wise- I know some people might think it's a sketchy secret to keep y'know if a relationship is abusive and what not but he's an alright guy I guess. She just kept telling me not tell her mum which I have no business in doing anyway :=/: unless somethings up I have no reason to

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 18 Oct 2023, 21:08

LilMissWerebear wrote:
18 Oct 2023, 19:25
She basically asked me to not tell her mum that she has a guy friend. She's told me about him, I met the guy when they both FaceTimed and he seems like a sound guy so it's nothing to be of concern safety wise- I know some people might think it's a sketchy secret to keep y'know if a relationship is abusive and what not but he's an alright guy I guess. She just kept telling me not tell her mum which I have no business in doing anyway :=/: unless somethings up I have no reason to

Her Mum's probably one of those over-protective "wrap her up in cotton wool" types who doesn't want her to have a bloke.

In that case, definitely don't say owt.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 19 Oct 2023, 09:45

Yeah I know her mum really well and you are exactly right. Not in a bad way, her mum is really nice :) it feels like she looks after us both sometimes lol

Lauren
VG mod

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 19 Oct 2023, 16:33

Hi

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 19 Oct 2023, 17:07

Hey Atem!! How's it going?

Lauren
VG mod

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 19 Oct 2023, 23:34

So far so good and you?

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 20 Oct 2023, 13:16

I could be a bit better, just rotting in bed rn I don't feel like doing anything

Lauren
VG mod

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 20 Oct 2023, 14:38

That was me last Thursday just layer there not wanting ti get up.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 24 Oct 2023, 16:49

Absolutely no communication from my mum and it's seriously ticking me off since she expects me to be the one always making the first move. Wish she would cut the sob story and realize that I too forget things and also too busy to remember things sometimes. It's like she expects me to be a bloody mind reader

Lauren
VG mod

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 24 Oct 2023, 17:45

Yep, I've been trying to contact my social worker all week regarding a private matter, turns out he's on annual leave (typical! Part of my Council tax pays this Clown's wages! :rage: )

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 24 Oct 2023, 17:54

richardallen1976 wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 17:45
Yep, I've been trying to contact my social worker all week regarding a private matter, turns out he's on annual leave (typical! Part of my Council tax pays this Clown's wages! :rage: )

You're autistic, right Richard? Don't you just hate it when you just mind your own business then out of nowhere something in the day changes that has never been communicated to you? Even worse if you are expected to constantly ask what's going and thus taking all the blame?!

Lauren
VG mod

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 25 Oct 2023, 00:49

LilMissWerebear wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 16:49
Absolutely no communication from my mum and it's seriously ticking me off since she expects me to be the one always making the first move. Wish she would cut the sob story and realize that I too forget things and also too busy to remember things sometimes. It's like she expects me to be a bloody mind reader

Mom's can be really annoying sometimes

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 14 Nov 2023, 21:07

Over a week now into my new job and it feels like I'm settling in nicely. Spent last week doing some training and shadowing runs and today was my first day doing a run by myself :dance: just a lil taxi run to a SEND/PRU school but it wasnt so bad! When someone says PRU it screams "naughty kids" like I heard some *stories* but I think I've been lucky to have not the worst group of kids. There was a bit of shit stirring (probably what the kids call "banter" these days) but they settled down on the way back. Not a bad run :D Tomorrow is my first proper bus run without the help of another attendant. I have the driver to still give me a hand if I need it but I would like to try get on with it see how I do. Im quite excited about it tbh :)

Lauren
VG mod

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 02 Jan 2024, 10:56

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!! I'm back from an extended break let's just say lol was not intentional one bit I felt exhausted mentally towards the end of half term before Christmas from work. I was just ready for a break from work and study by the time Christmas rolled around lol

Oh lordy some stuff has happened since. I've had some things change around at work but now I should be finally settled, been grinding away at studying and came away with 72% and 80% in my assignments! (let's goooo) it's been a restful break and I'm ready to get organized and get back into the swing of things :dance:

How is everyone doing today?

Lauren
VG mod