[Gapchenko] created a journal, kind of…

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Gapchenko
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Gapchenko » 12 Feb 2023, 13:05

A gracious greeting is given to all glancing upon Gapchenko’s journal. A jostling jotting of general jovial journeys joining at a crossroads of geekdom. I give all things geeky a glowing glance as I go from Anime to manga, board games to video games, tatbletop roleplaying to story writing and world building, with multiple stops along the way. What else is needed noting now as we near the end of this necessary nicety that is a formal introduction? Rules are light although running riot is rightfully wrong but rigid requirements are rarely needed for such light hearted retorting so hopefully their shall be no reporting. Just simply sticking to the forums rules shall see us spending some shining time together talking about trials and tribulations, tackling topics and teasing out the triumphants of my daily life navigation. So all that’s left is really to say; is hello, I am Gapchenko and it’s really nice to meet all of you.

Gapchenko
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Gapchenko » 12 Feb 2023, 19:13

Ok so thought I’d do a run down of what I’m currently watching and reading for you all.
Currently watching: Soaring sky: pretty cure. So I’m only one episode in but I’m actually really liking it. As much as I love the dark and gritty action animes, I do unashamedly love the lighter, fantasy, magical worlds that some animes do incredibly well. I’m looking forward to seeing where this one goes.
Currently reading: Beserk. I got the first two volumes for my birthday and I’m a good way through the first one. Loving it, pure action galore with a capital gore, the story is pretty engaging too!
Current visual novel: a winters daydream on the Vita. I started this one ages ago and stopped but I’ve recently picked it back up again. It’s a little slow but the story does draw you in. I really want to find time to finish this one as I want to read more visual novels but I refuse to start a new one until this one is done ha!

Gapchenko
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Gapchenko » 16 Feb 2023, 12:23

I’m up to date with soaring sky pretty cure and looking forward to seeing the next episode. I also saw a trailer for Suzume, definitely my kind of film by the looks of it and really looking forward to when it comes out.
The school half term continues but we’ve got some trips planned to the park and the forest over the weekend, just hoping that the weather holds *fingers crossed*.
I’m looking at designing an avatar for my profile both here and on MyAnimeList, bit of a designers block though ha!
On a final note, the new trailer for the flash film actually has me pretty excited for a DC film, the first time in a long while!

Gapchenko
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Gapchenko » 26 Feb 2023, 18:17

What a week! Most of the household now has Covid, I was rough at the start of the week but am not too bad now. I’ve just started reading “the chronicles of the grim peddler” on my phone. My Beserk books are to big to carry around with me so I fancied something I could read while I was out and about with some time to kill. This one looked nice and gothicly interesting so I’ll see how it goes

Noodle
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Noodle » 03 Mar 2023, 14:53

Welcome to AL Gapchenko and thanks for creating a journal!

I'm a 33 year old myself, momma so we have something in common there I could relate to you!

Oh no, mostly everyone has covid now? That sucks! Did you get by without having it the last 3 years?
I heard it is a doozy this time around. I got it way earlier in the year two years ago. That was not fun at allllllll.

But, at least somewhat time to read and catch up on things! Although with kids, can't quite say how much time you'll get though!

Hope to keep seeing you around!
A Guide to Noodle:
♥ Koreaboo ♥
♥ Loves: Cute things. HyunA. Candy. HyunA. Yep pretty much love HyunA. ♥

♥ Get me on Skype @ SunnyD.89 ♥
♥ Join us in Crazy League! We don't bite! ♥
♥ Birb birb birb ;3 ♥

Gapchenko
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Gapchenko » 06 Mar 2023, 08:56

Noodle wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 14:53
Welcome to AL Gapchenko and thanks for creating a journal!

I'm a 33 year old myself, momma so we have something in common there I could relate to you!

Oh no, mostly everyone has covid now? That sucks! Did you get by without having it the last 3 years?
I heard it is a doozy this time around. I got it way earlier in the year two years ago. That was not fun at allllllll.

But, at least somewhat time to read and catch up on things! Although with kids, can't quite say how much time you'll get though!

Hope to keep seeing you around!

Thank you!
Oh nice! Ha so you know the struggles of trying to keep up to date with watching/ reading but feeling like you’re a good few years behind everyone else ha!
Thank you, we’re all pretty much back to normal now! This was my number 3 :/ I was in hospital with it back in 2020, got it quite bad last year but nothing like the first time. This time wasn’t too bad, my chest actually survived for once ha but it was weird, my head constantly pounded for days straight. Other than that though it wasn’t too bad.
Haha yea you’re right! Not much down time even when ill! Although I did manage a few more chapters of Beserk :)

Gapchenko
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Gapchenko » 27 Mar 2023, 06:02

Nothing much new to repot really here. I’ve started two solo RPG games, one D&D and the other is a Call of Cthulhu game. They’re going to be a bit of a slow burner I think as I am logging them on my Google docs and my phone also has all the pdfs I need and a dice app. So I can do little bits from my phone when I have a spare moment, if I don’t get a decent set of time to sit down to play. I might also post in the gaming zone a log of each game… maybe. I hope everyone here is doing well :)

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 28 Mar 2023, 00:27

Just wanted to say HI, and Welcome.

I've actually never played any D&D and I love games/video games. Call of Cthulhu that sounds really familiar.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gapchenko
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Gapchenko » 11 Apr 2023, 18:07

PharaohAtem wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 00:27
Just wanted to say HI, and Welcome.

I've actually never played any D&D and I love games/video games. Call of Cthulhu that sounds really familiar.

Thank you :) hi!
I hadn’t for a long time, it was something that I always fancied giving a go but never knew anyone who played it. Then I discovered the world of solo TTRPG and so I play it by myself ha!
Call of Cthulhu is an investigative RPG based on the works of H P Lovecraft. There’s been a few computer games using the name that are investigative role playing/ survival horror games.