The world of well, me basically!

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 16 Apr 2023, 18:42

Good day today.

Been to see the new Dungeons and Dragons at the Odeon, I saw the main bad guy and thought "That's Hugh Grant innit?" and it was! Tried to book a Taxi to come back, as we'd to be back before 14.30, no joy on all 3 of my apps, City, Excel and Uber, plus I know not to use Uber on a Sunday as it's double fares anyway because the drivers don't wanna work.

Fortunately the support lad managed to ring up and book one to come back, which I paid for.

When we got back, I made a coffee, and tried to do some Godot work, FFS I hate Linux Penguin, Ubuntu works a LOT better, better file system and everything.

Fortunately, when we eventually got back here, I managed to complete and play the project (see the thread in the creative section)

No TKD tonight due to an early Hospital appointment tomorrow otherwise I'd be getting ready around now.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 17 Apr 2023, 10:19

Just got back from the Hospital, I now have a hearing aid in my right ear as well as left, which isn't as bad as I thought it'd be actually.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 18 Apr 2023, 19:14

Mixed day today.

Started off well this afternoon, I managed to get the support kid to find all my accessories for the unused cosplay stuff to donate to charity (well I know for a fact they won't sell on eBay) we went off to Town, tried Oxfam on West St, they don't take clothes (I should've known that, I used to work in there up to what will be 7 years next month) and suggested SCOPE on Division St so after going for a sandwich in Subway, we went across to there, and they took all the stuff no problem.

I next went in a mobile phone shop on Division St and bought a charger lead for my phone to use at Mum's (even though I literally bought 2 on Amazon last night that are coming to the Flat tomorrow) for a tenner.

After that, we walked all the way from the top of Division St to the Odeon on Arundel Gate, which wasn't actually that far as we took the shortcut down Surrey St/Norfolk St past the Theatres, and went to the movie at the Odeon, Suzume (dubbed).

Great movie, I enjoyed it a lot.

Only thing that went wrong, which was pretty major IMO, was we came out of the movie around 16.15, and I promptly realised I'd lost my brand new mobile telephone! I wouldn't mind but they would send me out with a 19 year old who literally has the attention span of a small child!

I tried to contact O2 when we got back on live chat, no one available.

Fortunately Dad says post Hospital tomorrow morning, we can go to the Odeon and see if it's been found/handed in at reception, I'm not holding my breath, some clown will have pocketed it and/or flogged it for a song on eBay, I'm still paying off the bloody thing on a 3 year contract, got about another 2 and half years.

I've also tried to contact Laura to inform her that until I get my phone back (which may or may not be by this time tomorrow) I'm incommunicado till further notice, no response.

Also, is it just me or do people literally NOT listen to me? Like I was in Subway at lunch time, I requested a 6 inch PLAIN cheese Sub, she gave me GRATED cheese, which I've always hated as it makes a mess! I wouldn't mind but like I've said before, back in the early 80s I actually had speech therapy to correct a slight lisp (couldn't pronounce my Ss)

As mentioned, another Hospital appointment tomorrow morning about the forthcoming Cochlear Implant op, I just wanna get the trip down to Birmingham for the Op over and done with to be honest, even if does end up costing the best part of £130 in Train fares for 3 of us plus a Hotel for Mum and Dad.

Right, tea shortly so I'm off.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 20 Apr 2023, 13:10

So I've just spoken to O2, they offered me an Android phone on a new contract/new number for £30.32 a month, which would be cheaper than paying off my current contract which has about another 2 and half years on it.

There was no option to get an email with the chat transcript though so I'll have to go through it all again! FFS, I hate live chat.

I think I'm going to have to go to the O2 shop in Town tomorrow.

Wednesday are at Home on Saturday so I'm going nowhere within shouting distance of Town, even on urgent Business given that I'd get stuck on a Tram full of football fans after 14.00 like I do every time.

If there was an O2 shop in Hillsborough there'd be no problem! I know they sell phones outright in Tesco, on Tesco Mobile which is basically rebranded O2, so that might be an option.

This morning was good, we got a lot of work done on the Batman and Robin project, more on that next week, and eventually it'll end up on YouTube.

I just had a blazing row with my Parents first thing for reasons too upsetting to go into.

Just had an email convo with work, about next week's incoming payslip for March work, I doubt there'll be much on it but I kind of need the money.

LilMissLarBear
Violet Member
Violet Member
Great Britain

Post by LilMissLarBear » 20 Apr 2023, 17:26

Oh god, an eventful day! It sounds like you are in needs of McDonald's chicken nuggs and mozzy dippers *shares my scran* what do you do as your job if you don't mind me asking?

Lauren
VG mod
DM me if you have any questions!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 21 Apr 2023, 17:24

LilMissLarBear wrote:
20 Apr 2023, 17:26
Oh god, an eventful day! It sounds like you are in needs of McDonald's chicken nuggs and mozzy dippers *shares my scran* what do you do as your job if you don't mind me asking?

Expert by Experience for Choice Support UK, who are also my support workers.

The original job description was attending inspections with Care Quality Commission (CQC) Inspectors in England of care homes, but due to COVID restrictions and an apparent lack of demand for my services, I doubt that'll ever happen.

I wouldn't mind but if they'd told me last January when I'd passed DBS disclosure/references etc and been accepted for the job that it'd be this much of a pain I'd have probably turned it down.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 21 Apr 2023, 17:38

Mixed day today.

Woke up just before 9, went to the bog, had a protein shake and then breakfast after a quick bath, as I had an agenda to go to O2 in Town and try and pay off my existing contract (seeing as I lost the phone I'm still paying off on Tuesday! Damn you Odeon!) but obviously it's rained all day.

I spent a LONG time on O2 live chat trying to solve the problem online, which I've been attempting with various online customer service agents all week, they keep telling me to go to the shop to pay off the contract/sort a new one with a new phone! I wouldn't mind but isn't the whole point of an online helpdesk to sort out problems online so we DON'T have to trek all the way to Town to wait in queues in the shop?!

I did manage to get into the closed beta for Crash Team Rumble on Xbox via O2 Priority though, and it's pretty cool, full version's out in June apparently, although I've got Street Fighter 6 on Xbox preordered in June, plus Robocop Rogue City, and I can only afford 2 games in a month.

I managed to speak to Laura about her coming with me on Sunday to sort it, I'm not doing Town tomorrow because I always get stuck on a Tramful of rowdy football fans after 14.00 on a Hillsborough bound Tram when Wednesday are at Home and they're playing Exeter City tomorow, plus the snooker's on at the Crucible so Town will be mad anyway.

Managed to get some more achievements on Coffee Talk 2, although what the flip's a "Blue Pea Latte"? Sounds disgusting and probably is!

Oh well, it's only a game, isn't it? (As Treguard on Knightmare used to say)

I've also had messages from the lad in Shropshire to whom I sold the He Man costume/wig on eBay last week, he says despite the fact I sent it off last Thursday, a week later it's not been received yet, according to the tracking number, it hasn't even left the Evri Hub yet (up at Heeley Common) you what? I contacted Evri on live chat and they told me there's been a delay in sending it, fortunately the buyer knows it's not directly my fault and Evri are rubbish, but he says if the matter's not resolved by Monday (and it won't be) he's got to escalate it to an eBay dispute, that's his right of course but when the "problem" is not of my doing, it still kinda makes me look bad!

That and I've had offers on 2 of the costumes I listed last week, I didn't think they'd sell so I took several costumes to the SCOPE Charity shop in Town on Tuesday, typical innit?

Right, tea shortly so I'm off.

After tea I watched Corrie, and have just applied for the fourth time to SYP Special Constabulary (and due to the disability issues it'll probably be a hard no but meh, I tried, 4 times so you can't fault my determination)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 22 Apr 2023, 15:42

Annoying morning.

I got up and got dressed and went to the bog just after 8, came down and had a protein shake and checked emails and stuff, as I didn't do the £88M Lottery last night due to lack of funds, no winners (I wouldn't have won if I'd put a ticket on to be honest) or any other important emails other than a message from Evri saying the item that was posted off last Thursday, received at the Hub last Friday, has got "misplaced" at the Hub, and the buyer on eBay is shouting at me for something that isn't directly my fault.

I just know never to sell on eBay again, because Evri are the cheapest couriers and this isn't the first time they've screwed up, I once had to get Dad to collect something from a Depot in Rotherham, why they didn't just take it back to the one at Heeley Common, God only knows!

Anyway, after Dad got up and had breakfast around half 8, we set off back to the Flat, arrived just before 9 and the support guy was already there (even though he's been told off more than once by me, and Laura, for arriving too early, I can understand why he does it in the week on the longer shifts, he says he doesn't want to get stuck in the rush hour on the Tram after 5 PM, I sympathise but he would live out at Mosbrough and work down here!)

We didn't go out today either, I would've popped across to Tesco to look at phones, but I'm going to O2 in Town with Laura tomorrow to try and pay off my existing contract/sign up for a new one to aquire a new phone, plus all the phones at Tesco are on Tesco Mobile, which is just rebranded O2 anyway.

After Googling the phone number, I rang Evri up to make a formal complaint about the monumental mess up on their part, FFS! I hate automated lines, let me talk to a human for Christ sake!

I know Royal Mail are also a joke at the best of times but they're Saints compared to these Clowns!

Jesus wept!

I also have to collect a parcel from a DPD place by next Wednesday, which wouldn't be a problem if not for the fact I can't find my Passport, which is required for ID purposes (the main reason I ordered the ruddy thing last year in the first place as I know I'll never use it to go anywhere!)

FFS! I hate my life! Stop the world I wanna get off!

And finally, apparently Barry "Dame Edna Everage" Humphries died yesterday, he was the Australian equivalent of the late Paul "Lily Savage" O'Grady, who died on the 28th of March.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 23 Apr 2023, 18:01

Not too bad today.

Obviously we couldn't do the phone stuff till Tuesday at the earliest, because Mum and Dad look after my Passport due to me being prone to losing stuff (as evident from the fact I need a new phone as of last Tuesday!) and they want the Passport for ID even though I have 2 Debit cards that are registered to my address.

They were really nice in the O2 shop though, I think I'll stick with them when the contract runs out in 3 years, best customer service I've had from ANY network and I've been with all the big names except Sky Mobile, although that might be an option at some point, in 3 years I'll have a look at their phone range, I won't be in my 40s then though, I'll be 50! (scary thought that!)

On the way back with Dad, we called in the Co Op as Dad wanted some wine, and I bought this week's Lottery tickets (well Euromillions is £99M on Tuesday, why not? OK yeah I know I have NO chance of winning but you've got to be in it to win it right?)

TKD in a bit, looking forward to working hard.

Well I got back 40 minutes ago from TKD, great session, worked really hard.

Plus I am in love with Nic Perry, she's recently left her husband so she's kind of available but don't tell her I said that.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 25 Apr 2023, 18:21

Great day today.

Been to pay off my existing contract on the phone that was lost last week, and sign up for a new one with a new phone (well I say new phone, I've just got another Pixel 7 which replaces the lost one)

Annoyingly I can't use it till probably tomorrow morning though, as I had to blacklist the phone last week when it was lost, and they've unbarred it this morning but they said it could take up to 24 hours to fully work, so hopefully I should be back up and running by tomorrow lunch time.

I've also had to pop on Amazon and order a charger plug, as they gave me a lead but not the plug, I thought I'd got one from before but I couldn't find it in the box of chargers in the Kitchen.

Oh well, I've just found a working plug up here and plugged it in.

Good chat with Laura as well, because I have a Doctor's appointment at 11 on Saturday morning, she's coming 12 while 17.00 instead of the usual 9.30 to 14.30, and there's no shift on Sunday.

Mum and Dad know about that as she says she told them this morning.

I've also been up to Budgens to collect the DPD Parcel from last week, it's an Xbox Series S, got from O2 Priority the other week, £20 a month for 2 years.

So all in all, a good day really.

Only slight fly in t'ointment was trying to use my card on Steam to buy a game, and it failed, and I can't use my Paypal account till I can send/receive texts tomorrow to get a verification code for my account (I might try and address that, turn off 2 step verification like I did for my Google account when I was setting the new phone up, it does make my account a lot less secure but at least I don't have to faff about with codes every time)

Right, I'm off.

Well I've just checked my phone and it's 88% charged, and I put it on charge about an hour and half ago, good job I found that working plug.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 26 Apr 2023, 08:07

Ugh, WTF?! Just had another email from Evri/Hermes, nearly 2 weeks later they still haven't found the He Man costume that was lost in their Depot, so I've had to send a full refund to the buyer, so I'm now out nearly £30 and it's Evri's fault! WTF is wrong with these incompetent courier companies and WHY do people use them?!

Great start to t'day innit? Also, nearly 24 hours later my new phone still doesn't work to make or receive calls or texts, I think I'm gonna have to go back to O2 and bollock them for it, I just tried to discuss it on O2 live chat, they're too busy to talk to me! WTF?!

I wouldn't mind but I was planning to purchase Cassette Beasts from Steam today for £26, I now don't have the funds because of the £33 refund to the eBay buyer.

I hate my life.

It's being run by incompetent morons who don't know what they're doing.

HELP! Stop the world I wanna gerroff!

Well I've just had an email from eBay, the refund's gone through! I'm definitely too honest for my own good sometimes, I know I wouldn't have gotten negative feedback as the fact the sale went wrong wasn't directly my fault, but I still gave the buyer his money back!

Oh well, it's TKD tonight so if I end up having an annoying day, I can work out some frustration on the punch pads like I did on Sunday.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 27 Apr 2023, 15:03

Good day. well not too terrible, today.

Bad start to the day though, after an annoying conversation with Evri (fuck you) about the missing delivery, I was in a bad mood and I'm already in the doghouse with Mum and Dad over previous events this week, and this just made matters worse.

I wouldn't mind but most of the negative events of this week weren't directly my fault, like Evri/Hermes being a bunch of twats.

Good morning on my course, got quite a lot of work done on the project, just got some last minute sound editing to do next week, and then week after, chuck it on YouTube, I might even post a link on here.

I also got messages on my Hotmail account last night from some married woman called Helen, she's also messaged me this morning saying not to message her as her husband reads her messages, literally sod off! I don't do married women! My ex was called Helen, from school, but it wasn't her, I don't think I'll ever see her again.

It's not the first time I've had messages on my personal Hotmail account from married women after a bit on the side either, they all say their husbands read their messages! How do they get my email address? I know not to advertise any of my addresses on social media, my Brother does Internet security for a living and has taught me stuff.

I've bought 3 birthday cards on Moonpig this afternoon, for Mum, my Brother and a friend of mine from TKD (she's 41 on the 27th of May but she definitely looks a LOT younger, I do like her but she's got 2 kids and has only just left her husband) I might have to buy another card at some point as my sister in law's 50 at the end of July.

In other news, I've bought 3 games on Xbox today, one of which I've cleared for the full 1000 points, to cement my place back on the top of this month's leader board on over 2200 points, Last Case of Benedict Fox is out in an hour so that might lead to some more points, and it's on Game Pass.

Apparently the Xbox version of Cassette Beasts is out next month, on Game Pass, day 1 download even though I bought/downloaded the PC version on Steam yesterday.

I've also bought a white ruffled shirt on Amazon, which might come tomorrow, for a Meatloaf cosplay project, and a black waistcoat, on Amazon.

Busy day then.

Just been watching last night's Corrie.

No Glenda, Daisy or Nina which was a shame, that Canadian bloke, Stephen though, he's a complete git.

I've also just applied for a Bar job with a company called Arc Hospitality, I doubt I'll get it though because I had to declare that I can't work evenings due to personal circumstances.

I'm currently in the process of downloading Grounded and Last Case of Benedict Fox on Xbox, bring on the points!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 30 Apr 2023, 17:03

Busy day today.

I've finally managed to set up the Xbox Series S I got from O2 Priority the other week, all working spot on (I just wish Dad wasn't too tight to pay for faster Internet from Sky) with a ton of games and updates downloaded with some more to do tomorrow or after TKD tonight.

Went for a walk yesterday morning, just up to the pub, round the Ponderosa and back down the road to the Flat, my watch registered over 1500 steps.

I would've gone to Meadowhall as I'm after some cheap Jeans but I hate clothes shopping in general other than cosplay, particularly Jeans, the legs are always too long and the waistline's too small (I can't help having short legs and a big gut)

I did book to see the new George Foreman movie on Wednesday but I had to cancel due to a Chiropody appointment at lunch time that day, Laura knows about it and I've asked her to tell Kieran not to arrive till 13.00, but knowing him he'll turn up at 12.30 anyway and I guarantee we won't be back.

I wouldn't mind but he's been told about that both from me, and Laura, but he lives out at Mosborough, and thinks he can come early and leave early so he doesn't have to stand up all the way Home on the Tram! It's not my fault or problem he lives in S20 and works in S3.

One day people will actually listen and take notice of me! Yeah right!

I've applied for 2 jobs today, part time assistant manager in GAME at Meadowhall, I have no management skills but I've been doing general retail for years plus I've been gaming since 1981.

Hopefully my current job will improve at some point though, I can't really quit as at my age and with the disability issues and fact I can't do long hours, I'd struggle to get anything else! I wouldn't mind but it's supposed to be ILLEGAL to discriminate.

TKD in a bit, looking forward to a good session.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 04 May 2023, 19:22

So predictably I got rejected for that management gig at GAME, I wouldn't mind but even though I declared my lack of management experience, they should've still given me an interview... I also did what I always do and declared my disability and the fact I can't do long hours or weekends.

I wouldn't mind but the ad said it was part time!

I've been getting emails from Indeed all week, some company's seen my CV on there and want me to apply for stuff, it's nice to be in demand but not when most of the jobs are nowhere near suitable, even if I could work full time.

I also had an annoying day yesterday for reasons not of my own doing, fortunately I was able to take it out on the punch pads at training last night, better that than beating somebody up in a sparring match, any instructor worth his license would tell you "never spar when you're angry" as well.

And a friend of mine's passed his 1st Dan black belt the other week, he was formally given the belt by Mr |S last night.

Better day today, got a ton of work done on the Batman and Robin final reel, just got some last minute audio editing to do next week then we'll export it and chuck it on YouTube.

Went and voted after, big X on the local Labour candidate, I doubt she'll win though even though it's a Labour stronghold round here.

Short day tomorrow, I've just had Laura on the mobile, she's doing 12 while 16.00 in the afternoon because the little guy's Nursery finishes at 17.00 so she's got to go and pick him up.

She says she's struggling for staff on Saturday due to the Coronation and it being a Bank Holiday, I said don't worry about it as I doubt we'd be up to much anyway, Town will be packed.

We can use the extra hours at comic con on the 21st for a longer day out.

Right, coffee's going cold so I'm off.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 05 May 2023, 16:53

Stop the world I wanna gerroff!

Another annoying afternoon wasted because the fucking Housing were supposed to come before 15.00 to test the fire alarm, and did not turn up till just before 15.30! Despite several phone calls from me after 14.00 to say if they weren't there in the next 45 minutes, don't bother.

Legal requirement I'm in? Literally kiss my rather large bum!

I've had it with this company and would move out if I could, in fact I might make enquiries to the Council next week on that, on the kind of rent I can afford though, even with HB, I'm worried I'd end up in a tiny bedsit in Firth Park or Parson Cross, or even worse, the Manor and no, I'm not doing it, nor would Dad let me, I'd rather be one of those Homeless people who congregate outside Sainsburys on the High St at weekends bugging people for money.

If it wasn't too rushy for tea, I'd ask Dad if I could train in Crookes at the 19.00 session later, I've had an annoying day and need to take it out on the punch pads like I did on Wednesday night.

I also tried to ring adult social services on the issue of wanting an urgent move away from SYHA because after 16 years and 9 months, they've finally made me blow my stack! Some Foreign woman didn't understand me even though I speak very clear English in a local accent, and hung up on me! I officially give up.

Like I tried to make a formal complaint about the total fail that was waiting all afternoon for the fire safety checks, waste of time and I know full well they won't do anything and the exact same thing will happen again next time because the bloke who organises everything is on permanent annual leave, and is a complete wazzock anyway.

Apologies for the strong language, I just wanted to go on a LONG rant.

No support tomorrow, nobody's available due to the Coronation.

Fortunately Laura's coming on Sunday, I did have an agenda to pop back to Marks' with the Jeans I bought on Wednesday but Town will be mobbed due to Coronation events in the Peace Gardens, plus there's a match at Hillsborough at 12 so unless I absolutely have to I'm going nowhere near Town.