The world of well, me basically!

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 26 Sep 2022, 15:33

Above.

To be let into my world, you have to be SUPER nice to me, either that or be a family member, close friend or support worker.

I've just done today's entry on my Wordpress Blog (which is set to private due to problems with online trolls last year, same with my YouTube channel) where I go on long, often swear filled rants about various aspects of my on and offline life (contrary to popular belief I do actually lead a very active offline life)

Basically, today I've been doing emails and phone calls since this morning on various topics including the total fail that was yesterday's attempt to join in with Luv 2 Meet U for comic con down at Magna, due to my support worker and I being harangued to babysit one of their members, who is claustrophobic and didn't like being in the small room for the comic con event, I'm not being awful but this guy also has the attention span of a Gnat due to his learning disability and kept wandering off on our watch.

I've raised this with Gemma, the event organiser from L2MU's local branch, but I can virtually guarantee they won't do anything plus it's not the first time some aspect of trips with them's gone wrong.

Suffice to say I've cancelled the tenner a month standing order to attend their in person events, they tried to persuade me to stay on as a "virtual" member for the tenner a month, but when I already pay 37$ a year to do online Karaoke on a Canadian website, I can't see the point of paying a tenner a month to do Karaoke on MS Teams alternate Fridays to be honest.

In better news, I've spoken to Sheffield Theatres twice this afternoon to book 2 shows, Sunshine on Leith in November, and Fisherman's Friends next year in February.

I spoke to Sheffield College this morning regarding my application for a level 1 games design course up at Peaks College near Crystal Peaks, they literally confirmed what someone told me when I contacted them last month, that at 46 I'm "too old" for the course! You what?!

Right, I'm off before I go on a rage-induced rant about inequality.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 29 Sep 2022, 14:44

So today, I've had a great morning on my digital arts course, we got loads of editing done on the main reel of my Basil Brush related Zombie horror comedy show, which will be on YouTube eventually.

Also, I've had a very productive MS Teams meeting with Phil Perkins from work regarding my role as an Expert By Experience, the original job description for that will allegedly be happening soon, visiting care homes in England with Care Quality Commission Inspectors to make sure they're up to scratch.

Thing is, having visited and worked in care homes in the past, I know a home can only be as good as the staff that work in it, and more to the point, the managers, if the Captains are running the crew in a rubbish way, more often than not, the Ship sinks! I've seen it happen in most of the care companies I've been with over the years.

I have another busy day planned tomorrow, got to have an annoying conversation with Virgin Money about how both my cards keep getting blocked online even though I know I have money on both of them.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 01 Oct 2022, 23:00

I love the idea of Basil Brush in a Zombie horror that sounds amazing!! :D
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 02 Oct 2022, 06:58

LikkleMel wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 23:00
I love the idea of Basil Brush in a Zombie horror that sounds amazing!! :D

It'll be on YouTube eventually.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 02 Oct 2022, 11:54

So last Friday morning, Laura and I went to Virgin Money Bank in Hillsborough, armed with both my cards, they basically told me there was no problem apart from that an old card, which about 2 years ago was reported lost/nicked, is still being used on some of my online accounts, which leads to the Bank flagging it as fraudulent! Also every time I use the main card, Dad gets a text to verify that it's legit, annoying but I can't remove that otherwise Dad would blow his mind.

In better news, as of yesterday morning, I now have a new phone, a Google Pixel 6, upgrade from my O2 contract, it's currently on charge, yet at the advice of the sales bloke in O2 shop in Town, I went on Amazon last night and ordered a twin plug fast charger for it.

Nice little phone, it's all set up now with all 3 email accounts, my Gmail, my personal Hotmail account, and my work email account.

However, I'm sure that when I eventually break the news to my Brother that I have a new phone, he'll do his nut as he wanted me to wait at least another 2 years till he could buy me one outright, and obviously Dad's not happy about the extra 3 quid a month on my contract, although I might try and reduce that slightly, I don't need 30 Gig of data, 10-15 would suffice, I still need unlimited minutes and texts though.

Late night out planned tonight to attend George Ezra at the Arena, Military planning between Dad, Laura and I to ensure nothing goes wrong, however, more often than not, if I predict some aspect of my "Grand plans" will go wrong, it does.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 02 Oct 2022, 12:40

So I've just had a very productive chat with O2 on live chat, trying to reduce my package slightly, I don't need 30 Gig data, about 15 would suffice, anyway as I only upgraded my contract yesterday, I have to wait 30 days (end of the month) to change my tariff.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 02 Oct 2022, 12:44

I've just had a text from Amazon, the fast charger I ordered last night's just been delivered 10 minutes ago.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 03 Oct 2022, 13:23

I attended the George Ezra concert at the Arena last night, pretty cool and I was singing along to the last song "Shotgun" (well it's the only song of his I actually know) Good night apart from some annoyingly drunk woman sat next to me who kept getting up and dancing all night, it said on the tickets that the show finished at 23.00, but the last song actually finished at 22.30, and we made it home about an hour later (and actually got a seat on the Tram, which I was a bit concerned about really, due to back problems I can't stand up all the way home)

Overall, a good night and for a change, no aspect of the Military style planning of the event went wrong.

Good company as well, if I knew Laura under different circumstances and she was 3 or 4 years older and single, I'd definitely be in love lol, just don't tell her I said that.

We got back around 23.30, I rang home to say good night, Laura spoke to Mum to say there'd been no problems, and left, and I went to bed.

Got up at 10.15 this morning and used the last of a bottle of milk to make some breakfast.

Then Mum and Dad arrived an hour and half later, I had a bath and got dressed, and made some calls and we came back to theirs.

When we got back, that Ken rang me from Sheffield College on the mobile, he confirmed that the course is no good for me as I don't have aspirations for a career as a games designer, well I do but I cannot work 40 hours a week for various reasons, I'm also allegedly too old at 46 for a course full of kids.

Hence the thread I did in general discussions on here an hour ago about local game design courses.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 03 Oct 2022, 15:09

So it turns out that the twin plug fast charger for my new phone, which arrived yesterday, is surplus to requirements as the charger for my old phone suits the new one.

I now have to go through the faffery of sending this one back, if I could just take it back to the Amazon Depot in Page Hall, as it'd go through them anyway, there'd be no problem.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 03 Oct 2022, 21:12

I've just spent the last 40 minutes trying to ring home to say good night, and it's engaged because every night, my 81 year old Uncle rings Mum for a chat, I wouldn't mind but she knows I usually ring between half 9 and 10.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 05 Oct 2022, 17:27

So this afternoon started off as the Wednesday afternoon from hell, the support worker was late, I had to book a Taxi to the Odeon for the new George Clooney/Juilia Roberts movie, which didn't turn up till 14.15 after I rang Excel 3 times to chase it up (is it just me or do most call centres simply NOT understand broad Yorkshire accents? I freely admit I have NO patience but come on!)

Good movie though, which finished around 16.20, I booked another Taxi from City to come back, which turned up, no problems.

During the afternoon, I got an email response from the RNID regarding my enquiry last week about hearing aid protection for Taekwondo sparring, the link to the product they advised me to get didn't work, I told them, they sent me a working link, I've tried 3 times to buy it, the website gives "unexpected errors", eh?!

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 06 Oct 2022, 13:11

I had a very good morning this morning, well after a bad night's sleep for reasons I don't really wish to go into, we got loads of filming and editing done on the Basil Brush project, just got some last minute edits to do next week, and do the opening and closing credits.

When we got back, I had the conversation from hell with some bloke called Jason from bravodate.com regarding cancelling my account, I've sent several emails at his request trying to get out of it, no response yet and the last message was sent an hour ago.

I'm sure these people do it on purpose because they know it annoys me.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 07 Oct 2022, 20:21

Been very busy today, got up around 9.40, had a very quick bath, then breakfast and got dressed and booked a Taxi to pick a Parcel up from the PO in Town.

When we got back, I tried the costume on, it fits but even the XL's a bit tight (I can't help being a 5'5" fat bloke) and the zip won't fasten at the back, fortunately I have a rather large cape that covers it up.

I've also had an online MS Teams meeting for work that lasted just over an hour, and then another meeting with a lady from work called Pippa.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 17 Oct 2022, 10:30

Following a very good day at comic con yesterday, and a productive training session last night, today I got up at 8.45, came down and had a protein shake, and an hour later breakfast.

I then went back upstairs for a shower and a shave, I'm now in the process of having a coffee, and making calls to the Housing in response to an email I received an hour ago about digi friends workshops on Wednesday! I hate talking to the Housing though, the SAMS project people are never there to talk to, and my current keyworker's a moron.

If I could've, I'd have moved out in 2011 after the demise of the original Cluster project.

Well they've rung me back just now, I explained that I can't get on Wednesday as I literally have NO money till I get paid next week from work, I had to say this about 3 times before she understood! I freely admit I have NO patience but this would annoy anyone.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 22 Oct 2022, 15:50

So after more or less the week from hell, including problems with both my Bank cards being refused online (Although to be fair I know the blue one's got nowt on it till I get paid from work on Monday) I've been getting emails all week from my streaming services and other sites saying various payments have failed, I've tried to update them on the new main card (the red one) and it keeps saying "Verification failed" for some annoying reason, this has only happened since the original card was cut up at Virgin Bank a fortnight last Thursday ago due to fraudulent transactions from a dating site called bravodate.com.

I hate Virgin Money, I've been using the same branch in Hillsborough, which was formerly Yorkshire Bank, since 1995, but about 2 years ago they got took over by Virgin, and I've had a ton of problems ever since.

Dick Branson's a C word.