The Misadventures of an Espeon & Goomy! [Ivory/Lolin]

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Ivory
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Ivory » 01 Jul 2023, 04:55

It seems like every time I sit down at the computer to write an update, real life grabs me by the shirt and yanks me away. I started my position as an Apparel relay crew member back on Monday and trying to adjust to waking up and being at work at 4am is challenging to say the least. lol  Today we had a surprise party at work for my manager as he's finally retiring, it's incredibly hard to see him go but if anyone deserves it he does. I just know I'll probably never find another boss as good or caring as he was, maybe our assistant apparel manager who I really hope get's to become our new manager but I'll have to wait and see. 

The girls have started swim lessons at the city pool that my mom signed them up for, they're excited to go back next week. 

I'll try and find time to write again later. I just have too much on my mind and I can't focus at all.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 29 Jul 2023, 01:45

god tonight's one of those nights where if i had the capacity to bawl my damned eyes out i would

i feel some kind of terrible, unknown sadness and it shocks me to my core

as much as feelings and emotions are hard, i much prefer them to being the stonewall i was prior to HRT

Ivory
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Ivory » 12 Aug 2023, 02:23

*hugs lolin* <3

For the past month I've been allowed to get OT by going to our Pickup dept and working another 4-5 hours there as needed after my regular relay shift. Sometimes I even work 6 days if Pickup really needs help on the weekends. To say I'm exhausted is an understatement but the money is worth it while I can get it at least, also the fact that I've lost some weight has kept me motivated. lol 

Guen will be starting 2nd grade this Sept and she's excited for it. I've already made sure to get all of her school supplies necessary rather than waiting until the week before school starts. xD  Val will have one more year and then she'll be able to get registered for Kindergarten. I hope to enroll the girls in some kind of sports or activities, swimming lessons again maybe to help keep them active and make new friends.

I started watching My Happy Marriage and I love the anime!!! (The abusive family scenes are hard for me to watch but the rest of the show makes up for it <3) I was really happy with how the last episode turned out, sorry no spoilers here :P  I will always root for Miyo and Lord Kudo!  I'm also watching Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You. Another really good anime in my opinion even though it is an older one (2009) I just wish there was more than 2 season ;-; 

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 12 Aug 2023, 13:10

oh gosh, guen's already in 2nd grade?

i remember when that whippernsnapper was in diapers!

Tuffin
Miyu Member
Miyu Member
United States of America

Post by Tuffin » 26 Aug 2023, 00:52

Ivory wrote:
12 Aug 2023, 02:23
I started watching My Happy Marriage and I love the anime!!! (The abusive family scenes are hard for me to watch but the rest of the show makes up for it <3) I was really happy with how the last episode turned out, sorry no spoilers here :P I will always root for Miyo and Lord Kudo! I'm also watching Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You. Another really good anime in my opinion even though it is an older one (2009) I just wish there was more than 2 season ;-;
i have been enjoying my happy marriage too, but also agree with the family scenes being a hard watch at times. Still looking forward to more of it!
Also, absolutely love kimi ni too! its one of those where i didnt feel like the stories of the supporting characters were a waste of time/uninteresting. at the end i cared about each one just as much as the mcs.

Ivory
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Ivory » 28 Aug 2023, 03:19

lolin wrote:
12 Aug 2023, 13:10
oh gosh, guen's already in 2nd grade?

i remember when that whippernsnapper was in diapers!

Yes she is ;____; Her head hits me about chest level at 8 years old on top of it all!

Tuffin wrote:
26 Aug 2023, 00:52
Ivory wrote:
I started watching My Happy Marriage and I love the anime!!! (The abusive family scenes are hard for me to watch but the rest of the show makes up for it <3) I was really happy with how the last episode turned out, sorry no spoilers here :P I will always root for Miyo and Lord Kudo! I'm also watching Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You. Another really good anime in my opinion even though it is an older one (2009) I just wish there was more than 2 season ;-;
i have been enjoying my happy marriage too, but also agree with the family scenes being a hard watch at times. Still looking forward to more of it!
Also, absolutely love kimi ni too! its one of those where i didnt feel like the stories of the supporting characters were a waste of time/uninteresting. at the end i cared about each one just as much as the mcs.

There’s a light novel out of my happy marriage, do you think you’ll read it or just watch the anime as it releases? :D

Yess! I absolutely adored the group of friends/classmates and their dynamic, even her rivalry with the one girl wasn’t overly done. I do kinda wish they had done a little more with Ryu and Chizu. >.<

::Update::

Well Guen’s officially signed up for mini volleyball and I’ll register her for 2nd grade basketball tomorrow morning when online registration opens. Val’s tiny tots soccer doesn’t open until next month, I just have to remember to sign her up for it.

I’m exhausted.. I seriously can’t wait for this remodel to be over with at work. You guys have no idea how much I hate going to work at 4am every morning. x.x It’s bad enough my work bestie feels the need to give me a mini heart attack daily when he sneaks up and scares me. >.> I will get him back somehow..

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 28 Aug 2023, 13:13

Ivory wrote:
*hugs lolin* <3

For the past month I've been allowed to get OT by going to our Pickup dept and working another 4-5 hours there as needed after my regular relay shift. Sometimes I even work 6 days if Pickup really needs help on the weekends. To say I'm exhausted is an understatement but the money is worth it while I can get it at least, also the fact that I've lost some weight has kept me motivated. lol

Guen will be starting 2nd grade this Sept and she's excited for it. I've already made sure to get all of her school supplies necessary rather than waiting until the week before school starts. xD Val will have one more year and then she'll be able to get registered for Kindergarten. I hope to enroll the girls in some kind of sports or activities, swimming lessons again maybe to help keep them active and make new friends.

I love my happy marriage, been watching it and read the manga waiting for the next to come out as well.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tuffin
Miyu Member
Miyu Member
United States of America

Post by Tuffin » 28 Aug 2023, 23:45

Ivory wrote:
28 Aug 2023, 03:19
There’s a light novel out of my happy marriage, do you think you’ll read it or just watch the anime as it releases? :D

Yess! I absolutely adored the group of friends/classmates and their dynamic, even her rivalry with the one girl wasn’t overly done. I do kinda wish they had done a little more with Ryu and Chizu. >.<
I had not know about the light novel! I will probably seek it out now that I know there is one

I wish there had been more Chi and Ryu too. Was a sweet dynamic.

Sorry to hear how exhausted you are. Rest well soon!

Ivory
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Ivory » 29 Aug 2023, 00:41

Tuffin wrote:
28 Aug 2023, 23:45
Ivory wrote:
There’s a light novel out of my happy marriage, do you think you’ll read it or just watch the anime as it releases? Image

I had not know about the light novel! I will probably seek it out now that I know there is one

They have Kindle versions on Amazon for about $8-9, the paperback copies are around $30 x_X 

Thanks Tuffin <3  I know it won't last forever, I just have to tough it out until November. lol 

PharaohAtem wrote:
28 Aug 2023, 13:13
I love my happy marriage, been watching it and read the manga waiting for the next to come out as well.

Does the manga follow the anime pretty well so far? o: 

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 29 Aug 2023, 15:04

Ivory wrote:
29 Aug 2023, 00:41
Tuffin wrote:
28 Aug 2023, 23:45
Ivory wrote:
There’s a light novel out of my happy marriage, do you think you’ll read it or just watch the anime as it releases? Image

They have Kindle versions on Amazon for about $8-9, the paperback copies are around $30 x_X

Thanks Tuffin <3 I know it won't last forever, I just have to tough it out until November. lol

PharaohAtem wrote:
28 Aug 2023, 13:13

Does the manga follow the anime pretty well so far? o:

Mostly yes, there's a couple differences but not by much.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 01 Sep 2023, 13:07

haven't updated in a lil while

things are fair, i was having some real rough times late last month, but i'm feeling on the up and up now

not much to really report, other than i've drawn 5 days in a row so far and i'm hoping to beat my old record of 84 days in a row : D

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 01 Sep 2023, 15:21

*gives a hug*

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 01 Sep 2023, 17:32

PharaohAtem wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 15:21
*gives a hug*
*hugs back*

thanks atem ;w;

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 01 Sep 2023, 19:40

Have I posted here b4??? Irrelevant now.

I have all the stuff to start drawing but for the motivation.

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

GFX by:Ioreth

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Post by Beex » 01 Sep 2023, 19:44

Snowballs wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 19:40
Have I posted here b4??? Irrelevant now.

I have all the stuff to start drawing but for the motivation.

I lied there is this guy

I wanna make a comic of him but the lazies

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

GFX by:Ioreth