Lily, Me and other disjointed ramblings [Ojisama]

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 15 Jan 2022, 03:38

The first word that comes to mind when reading your opening post is "ow". lol Kittens really know how to use those claws. When our Zena was a kitty she climbed all the way up the curtain to the curtain rod. If my jaw could've hit the floor it would've. I've never seen a cat do that. xD

Hopefully you can regain that muscle mass before the 9 months is up though. It's a long time, and honestly I think you can. It really is astonishing how fast muscle mass can seemingly just vanish but that's a good number of months to prepare. I've got faith in you dude. :^_^:

What's the kitten's name?

Ivory
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Ivory » 16 Jan 2022, 18:53

Hey Ojisama! ^-^

Lily is adorable and hopefully she'll learn a better way to perch on your shoulder rather than having to climb your back to do it. :sweatdrop:

Do they have gyms or fitness centers open where you live or do they all require people to wear masks? Maybe you can find some nice places to hike as well during the summer time as part of your fitness training?

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 16 Jan 2022, 18:57

:O CATS!!!
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 26 Jan 2022, 12:58

You would think that with all my years I should have learnt a thing or two, but no. I still mix bedding and clothes in the washing machine and end up with everything INSIDE the duvet cover (how????), which results in me heaving this "sack" of wet laundry out of the machine and emptying it out onto the kitchen floor.

*Sighs*

On another note, I have started a routine of daily stretching to loosen my joints and make my techniques easier. My sword coach has introduced me to a 10 minutes a day Yoga for men challenge which she swears will change my life. I'll have to start it off next week. Looks like I'll be borrowing the sons dumbells to work my arms and shoulders. Sticking with twice a week for the core exercises for now. Slow and steady. The stamina part will just have to come through regular sparring. Once the weather gets warmer I can shadow box in the garden.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 26 Jan 2022, 18:02

Do bedding and clothes not usually get washed in the same cycle? I don't know anything about doing laundry. :sweatdrop: Does the stretching have the desired effect though of making your techniques easier?

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 26 Jan 2022, 22:48

*sneaks into journal*

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 27 Jan 2022, 00:14

@Emotive Syndrome There isn't any particular reason that they shouldn't go in together. It's just that due to there is an interdimensional trickster living inside my machine who stuffs all the other laundry inside the duvet cover during the cycle. You open the door expecting to see socks, trousers, shirts and bedding, but all you see is one distended duvet cover that you have to wrestle out of the door and then delve inside to retrieve all your other washing.

The stretching went well, but it is only the beginning of a long journey. At my age, the tendons are like old stiff leather belts. They need to be worked on slowly or they are liable to snap. If I gently stretch them a little more every week, I'll get there.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 27 Jan 2022, 00:27

Jeez. lol I didn't realize laundry had to have so much caution to it. I should probably learn how to do my own at some point though.

Hopefully it goes smoothly and no accidents happen. Just thinking about something bad happening makes me cringe. /: Good luck though dude. :^_^:

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 27 Jan 2022, 00:31

I've had that happen when thr sheet somehow goes around stuff as bd it's all tangled

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 30 Jan 2022, 06:50

Maybe the washing machine is the real trickster
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 30 Jan 2022, 17:46

Naughty Kitty wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 10:14
Or some kind of mimic or something :omg:

Does that make my house a dungeon?

That means Lily is a Sacred Beast. Makes sense.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 13 Feb 2022, 23:00

Me and #2 son off to our first Con of the year. York Winter Con. A misunderstanding in the morning meant we were late setting out, and with the rain pouring down it was a tense hours drive. Arriving just after 12:30, the queue was snaking round the parking area despite the rain. Priority tickets allowed us to jump the queue (thank god) and we were into the main trading floor.

We already knew that his swords would be a no go, but negotiations with Security allowed us to leave them with the staff at the front desk so that we could take pictures with them later.

It was heaving! Moving around was a slow process, but the mood was great and everybody was smiling and laughing. A tense moment when somebody said "Nice Lambert Costume" but we laughed it off.

Hot and cold food, and a licensed bar upstairs. By the time we got there, all the cheap food had gone so we scarfed down a footlong hotdog (£7.50 each) before checking out the local Star Wars enthusiasts and their display.

As the crowd thinned out we made our way around the floor. A few purchases down and people were starting to notice his costume. Photos were taken.

Time was moving on, so we went back to pick up the swords and take some photos for ourselves. Now fully equipped, suddenly photographers were popping up out of the floor, and a crowd started to gather. Then, a glamorous lady glided up and took her place beside him. Yennifer had appeared out of nowhere.

After a few more snaps it was back to the car and the rain drenched drive home.

The first of many Cons to come this year.

(Before you ask, I didn't go in Cosplay this time as I was there to support him.)

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 13 Feb 2022, 23:35

Kewl. Glad youboth had fun! Sometimes that's especially important, despite people wanting to bring you down. :^_^: I hope to go to one, but I don't think I'll ever have the opportunity. Still, it'd be fun. They always look like they're having fun there.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 22 Feb 2022, 22:41

Great picture. It's funny I finally watched the Witcher on Netflix it was pretty good.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 03 May 2022, 22:20

Another Con just around the corner, and I'm feeling the pressure on this one. #2 is going as Eskil again, and his friend is going as Arthur Morgan from Red Dead Redemption, and we are meeting another friend there, who will also be in costume. I will have to step up to the plate. So...Jedi, Samurai or Isekai Assassin?