Lily, Me and other disjointed ramblings [Ojisama]

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 16 Feb 2024, 23:35

People ask me, "What do you do at sword training?"

Well, I aspire to eventually do this...https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=422754323768811.

It's not my club, but it does show just how quick some of these exchanges can be.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 17 Feb 2024, 07:35

Ojisama wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 23:25
Ojisama wrote:
26 Jan 2024, 00:31
LikkleMel wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 22:36
Question is that the Leeds festival in April? Cause I've seen adverts for it, but not much information about it has been said?

I've seen adverts as well. It says it is at the New Dock Hall AND the Armouries but no more than that at the moment. Only one floor plan on the website at the moment.

Looking at the pictures, I see a lot of familiar faces, so I'm wondering if it is run by the same people who used to do the Yorkshire Cosplay Con at Sheffield Arena. If so, I don't expect many "Star Guests," but musical and dance performances with anime themes, taiko drummers etc. Lot's of emphasis on Cosplay.

...and now I've suddenly got adverts for a Con at Doncaster in July run by the same group.

As much as I'd be willing to go as it's only Donny, we went the year before last, and getting a Taxi from the Train station on a Sunday was a pain in the you know what because I know not to use Ubers on a Sunday.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 21 Feb 2024, 17:41

Recent purchases.

...and here he is with his companion Archer.

belsammael
Veteran Member
Netherlands

Achievements

Post by belsammael » 24 Feb 2024, 15:09

Not going to lie, those are damn awesome. nice get. :)
No one ever listens to Zathras.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 27 Mar 2024, 22:02

Well, it's been a while since I did some blogging.

Lot's of discussion about the Con at the Armouries in April. It is strange that they haven't pushed any more promotion with only a few weeks to go. No mention of any guests. No mention of any traders. No mention of who these musical performances will be by. They appear to want to pack a lot into what space they have, and I've been in that space a few times. It's not as large as you think, and now they say they are using another space at the Armouries as well, and that doesn't come cheap, especially as it is the last weekend of the school holidays.

On the other hand, the Armouries Social media do confirm that the space has been booked, and the same group are promoting a Con at Doncaster Racecourse. The only problem I have with that is the same lack of updates and info. Also, they say that the General Admission Tickets for Doncaster at £20 a pop are sold out, whilst there are still some "Early Bird" tickets @ £10 still available, which makes no sense at all.

Anyways, on the home front my wife has lined up loads to do during the Easter break, including garden fencing, erecting a gazebo, and building a garden shed (not sure I'll have time for that. I only have a week off.) Also, a short break in Liverpool before the schools resume.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 30 Mar 2024, 21:26

Well, off to the Armouries tomorrow, to see the Jousting.