Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 12 Nov 2022, 23:54

lolin wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 23:32
momo wake up
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Teeny » 13 Nov 2022, 18:16

*pokes*
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 15 Nov 2022, 17:56

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Teeny » 05 Apr 2023, 18:35

Momogari? :(
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by PharaohAtem » 06 Apr 2023, 21:14

Yeah, where'd you go?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 07 Apr 2023, 21:28

I'm on LINE, disc0rd, and whatsapp. I'm paying attention for now but I'm basically done with AL.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 25 May 2023, 21:59

Today my company laid off our web designer, citing financial cash flow issues and a vague measure of individual productivity.

I have feelings about this.

Firstly I've been slacking off a lot. My productivity is definitely down.
Part of it is I don't want to be next and I'm suddenly anxious where I wasn't before.
It's like I wasn't paying attention, a brick wall fell on the guy next to me and I look behind me and there's a brick wall I didn't know was there before.

I have exclusive specialized knowledge. Getting rid of me would be a disaster for support and a lot of people realize that. So I'm very unlikely to be laid off even if I do nothing.

Which makes me wonder if my poor productivity was noticed but they couldn't do anything about it. And I think part of this is survivor's guilt.

And I don't want to be disappointing to my bosses either, because that's it's own stress.

I don't know what they think of me currently. It'd probably be easier either way just to know what they thought about me instead of worrying about it.

So that's plenty to deal with already.

Then there's the thought that the economy might be driving some of it. We don't exactly produce vital goods. Everything we make is just nice-to-haves. If, in general, government budgets dry up, markets stop spending as much...my company my be an early one cut out of the market and I lose my job anyway.

That wouldn't be terrible per se. I'd much rather be doing something important and vitally useful that could conceivably make a difference in the ecological and economic disasters to come.
But if that's on my terms I might get a say in my pay. I might keep the house I buy in the near future instead of defaulting. If it's on the market's terms I might not get that luxury.

Then the micro concerns. Like, um, that was our only frontend guy. We've always been heavy towards backend talent and disregarding talent for frontend. Case in point, that was our only frontend guy and he wasn't even a developer since he didn't know javascript. He was a designer, did html, css, photoshop, svg, and was pretty good at that. He was the only reason we could have products that look...decent. Because the rest of us practically gotta write LOEs to center divs.
He was what we had, and now he's gone...and like, we're basically not even minimally competent at web dev anymore, as a group. Laying him off essentially took us back to our sweet MySpace pages of web dev competence. That's an exaggeration. I know it is. Plus we have subdivisions overseas we can borrow frontend devs from. And his template products will last for some time probably. But still. Bruh. We had...4 backend developers and 1 frontend...guy and we decide to axe the frontend guy? Am I picking up this slack? Hurrdurr welcome to full stack here is your !important hammer and here's your project timelines.

Its not quite that bad. I'm just anxious.