Ash's Collectorium - [TheLogicalAsh]

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

TheLogicalAsh
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TheLogicalAsh » 19 Nov 2021, 13:12

Emotive wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 06:52
Sometimes, but I don't think I'm too much wiser from then. lol I'm naive on a level that honestly no 33 year old should be, and an incredibly bad judge of character. :sweatdrop: Some things change, but some things remain the same. At least is what it seems like sometimes. :sweatdrop:

Video games are what I usually defer to, it was my escape as a kid from reality, so I played them every chance I got. I mean, even in high school I slipped in some play with Tekken Advance and DBZ Taiketsu with my NDS. Not something I'd ever want anyone to do, I had my priorities all wrong. lol I love how many different ways there are of losing yourself in different worlds though. I'd forgotten about how much anime can do that too until recently. It started with me watching Yugioh again, then Wolf's Rain, now I'm planning on watching X 1999 through to the end tomorrow since it got too late to watch it tonight. Sometimes the mental illness gets too distracting, but after actually trying to watch anime it's not as impossible as I thought so I'm feeling like celebrating somehow. lol I was so convinced I couldn't watch anime with the voices being such a distraction. One of those times I'm glad I was wrong. :^_^:

Sorry, I also tend to be random when typing or talking. :sweatdrop: And get excessive sometimes too, which I really try not to do. :sweatdrop:

Sorry to hear you don't have pets anymore. Is a bearded dragon like an iguana? I don't really know anything about reptiles. >_< It's kind of funny though when you're older when you think back to wanting a pet so much but it was the parents that took care of it. You might've been more responsible than I was though. :sweatdrop:

My condolences about the dog that passed away. 4 of our cats passed away, they all lived long lives in the later double digits and we loved them to the best of our ability. I think even after they pass into the next life they still come around, we just can't see them. :^_^:

Well, yeah, I do kind of feel like I'm still lacking in some areas but on the whole, I think I've learnt a lot. My personality is more or less as it's always been though.

And yeah, video games still remain the greatest of escapes. At least when I actually have time to play them :lol:

When I was a kid, I do wish I'd spent more time studying than playing video games but alas as kids our priorities are completely out of whack. It was around secondary school when I was introduced to anime by a friend in my technology class, so you could say that without those messed up priorities, I wouldn't still be into it :sweatdrop:

And I don't mind the randomness, though it does feel like this journal has become less of a collection as intended and more so just an extensive conversation between us :lol:

Bearded Dragons are a little more reactive than iguanas, but it entirely depends on how they are brought up. Baby them too much and they are inclined to be as lazy as a cat until you feed them. I'd never have called myself responsible even on my best day though :lol:

It would be nice to think all pets who've past watch over us from beyond, but I imagine they're pretty indifferent about it if there is a next world, since they're likely to be pampered in it more than we could ever do. Still, it's a nice thought I think :)

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 19 Nov 2021, 22:10

I guess I was just expecting more to change as I got older. I couldn't tell you what I was expecting, but I don't think how things turned out is how I was thinking they'd be. :sweatdrop: Sorry, sometimes I can't really say what's on my mind so sometimes my words don't make much sense. :sweatdrop:

lol I definitely hear that. Do you play any RPGs or are you more in the direction of fighting games like Tekken? I'm curious since RPGs take up so much time. :^_^:

I think I know what you mean. It's strange how things can work like that, isn't it? I don't think the word is irony, but there's some kind of word for it I can't think of. :ohno:

lol Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't mean to turn it into that. :sweatdrop: As long as you can tolerate the randomness though. Some people have found it to be too much to deal with over the years. :sweatdrop: Sorry though, what I mean to write as small posts almost always end up as really lengthy and be a lot longer than I planned. :sweatdrop:

It's astounding what the effects can be of being raised in certain ways. Like, mom said at one point I'm polite but almost to kind of an annoying extent. lol That's good though, right? xD Do bearded dragons like to be pet or are they prone to biting in response? That's brave to admit though. I'd bet top dollar (if I had it lol) you're more responsible than me though. :P

It can help to think that sometimes. Kind of like softening to blow, depending on how someone views it. It does weird me out though when our cat looks really intently somewhere, like on the wall above me where there's literally just wall, no picture, no shelf or anything. Sometimes she stares like she sees something, so I always wonder what it could be that she sees. She looks above mom at that part of the wall above her too. It's so weird, like... is something there or is she just that quirky? I really wish I could see what she sees, well at least sometimes I wish I could. I bet animals see things that we can't, but the possibilities of what might be endless compared to what we see, y'know? Maybe we aren't meant to. But then I start to wonder about God or other existential topics that I really get way too carried away with talking about. :sweatdrop: I do wonder though sometimes just what it is that animals can see that we can't. :?

TheLogicalAsh
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TheLogicalAsh » 19 Jun 2023, 21:19

Emotive wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 22:10
I guess I was just expecting more to change as I got older. I couldn't tell you what I was expecting, but I don't think how things turned out is how I was thinking they'd be. :sweatdrop: Sorry, sometimes I can't really say what's on my mind so sometimes my words don't make much sense. :sweatdrop:

lol I definitely hear that. Do you play any RPGs or are you more in the direction of fighting games like Tekken? I'm curious since RPGs take up so much time. :^_^:

I think I know what you mean. It's strange how things can work like that, isn't it? I don't think the word is irony, but there's some kind of word for it I can't think of. :ohno:

lol Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't mean to turn it into that. :sweatdrop: As long as you can tolerate the randomness though. Some people have found it to be too much to deal with over the years. :sweatdrop: Sorry though, what I mean to write as small posts almost always end up as really lengthy and be a lot longer than I planned. :sweatdrop:

It's astounding what the effects can be of being raised in certain ways. Like, mom said at one point I'm polite but almost to kind of an annoying extent. lol That's good though, right? xD Do bearded dragons like to be pet or are they prone to biting in response? That's brave to admit though. I'd bet top dollar (if I had it lol) you're more responsible than me though. :P

It can help to think that sometimes. Kind of like softening to blow, depending on how someone views it. It does weird me out though when our cat looks really intently somewhere, like on the wall above me where there's literally just wall, no picture, no shelf or anything. Sometimes she stares like she sees something, so I always wonder what it could be that she sees. She looks above mom at that part of the wall above her too. It's so weird, like... is something there or is she just that quirky? I really wish I could see what she sees, well at least sometimes I wish I could. I bet animals see things that we can't, but the possibilities of what might be endless compared to what we see, y'know? Maybe we aren't meant to. But then I start to wonder about God or other existential topics that I really get way too carried away with talking about. :sweatdrop: I do wonder though sometimes just what it is that animals can see that we can't. :?

Well, honestly I expected more to change as I got older too. But frankly it's been more of the same for me. Admittedly my job has no real career options, so that may be getting me down a bit but it wasn't meant as a permanent thing anyway.

On the point of video games, RPGs do take up a lot of my extra time I do have before working my night shift. The Dragon Age Series took up a lot of my youth for example and I've collected some of the comic material and books for that universe as well.

I didn't really mind this turning into a big conversation, what I regret is leaving it for two years just to sort out my life and I've hardly even managed to do that. Goals have been set, some have been achieved but I don't think I'm any happier really.

Bearded dragons are like any pet really, if you don't acclimatise them to something odds are they won't like the change. Often if you don't train them right, they think the motions of your fingers or hands are food and may try to bite. But that's only if you aren't holding them regularly and properly representing what is and is not food. I think anyway, I'm no expert, just speaking from personal experience here.

Cats have always been strange to me since it's really hard compared to, say, a dog to know what's going on in their head. You could say that when it comes to most animals really since its hard to know what they're thinking, if they are at all. I think mysteries like that are worth pondering. More existential topics however, like a God or God like being, I try to steer clear from fir my own sanity.

I am deeply sorry for not responding to this when you originally posted it. I've read through a lot of it again and I thought we had quite a good set of conversations. I hope you can forgive the lack of activity, something that really I extend to everyone else on the forums. I wasn't really in a good place when I started posting but I hope I will be now going forwards. I talked a big game back then but didn't at all deliver. And so humbly prostrate myself before the forum gods for their forgiveness and yours :sweatdrop:

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 19 Jun 2023, 23:21

Sadly, @Emotive is not an active member of the forum at the moment, and we don't know if they will ever return.

Unfortunately, getting older is no guarantor of change. Sometimes change is forced upon us from outside by events that are beyond our control. Other times, change is the result of actions that we take deliberately to break away from our past. Some people embrace change as they get older. Others resist it.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

TheLogicalAsh
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TheLogicalAsh » 20 Jun 2023, 01:16

Ojisama wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 23:21
Sadly, @Emotive is not an active member of the forum at the moment, and we don't know if they will ever return.

Unfortunately, getting older is no guarantor of change. Sometimes change is forced upon us from outside by events that are beyond our control. Other times, change is the result of actions that we take deliberately to break away from our past. Some people embrace change as they get older. Others resist it.

I should've expected that I suppose. I hope @Emotive is doing alright regardless.

And yeah, I get that about change. There isn't much truly impacting me to force change nor do any of my actions ensure it. Perhaps because its not necessary or my expectations don't match reality.

Regardless, I didn't create a journal on the forums to dump my problems into it. Thanks for the response @Ojisama, it is much appreciated :)