Ash's Collectorium - [TheLogicalAsh]

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

TheLogicalAsh
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TheLogicalAsh » 16 Nov 2021, 05:46

Emotive wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 03:39
Thanks, I always appreciate a hug. :^_^: I don't foresee anything wrong happening, but I normally can't predict when things get turned upside down. It's probably one of the most frustrating parts about it happening, not being able to control the situation. The details are probably monotonous by now, but suffice to say it's a mental illness. I talk about it a lot, I'd bet there's people that wish I'd quit talking about it really. lol Wouldn't blame anyone if they did, I can be a lot to put up with at times.

Thanks though, it's definitely appreciated. :^_^:

I've always been a very anxious person and thought that the worst possible outcomes are always going to happen to me, so I think a little kindness and understanding can help. I don't know if its a similar problem or much worse but I'm always willing to talk if I'm around to do so. It's the least we can do as people to listen to others in their time of need, especially those who've felt similarly and had no one to help them.

All I'm saying is I'm here to help in what little way I can, and that'd go for anyone else too :)

That being said, I'm on my way home now so I'll be heading straight to bed but I'll be sure to keep an eye on the forums when I can.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 16 Nov 2021, 06:27

It's kind of similar actually. At least I think, on some level. Kindness and understanding though go a long way when paranoia starts creeping in and my thoughts start going in circles, somehow multiplying the paranoia even more. Kindness really goes a long way to beating back those paranoia-infected thoughts. Like, I don't think I could really convey just how much it helps. Without kindness from people though and their willingness to listen, I'm thoroughly convinced I'd have lost my mind a very long time ago.

There's a mental component to my illness that's been going on for 17 years, so I end up bringing it up a lot. If it gets annoying feel free to tell me to talk about something else. lol I won't be offended, I just have a bad habit of talking about myself a lot, and I'm honestly trying to not do that so much. It's just hard when there's a mental illness that constantly talks to you, so you end up talking a lot (mostly to thin air) to them, so that really puts people off so I try to really keep from doing that. I'm sorry in advance though if I talk about me a lot, it's honestly not on purpose. Just a habit after all these years of talking to "myself".

Hopefull you're sleeping well, dude. In the off-chance that you check the forum in the morning, g'morning. You won't see this tonight, but I'll say g'night anyway. lol Stay safe too, and hope you have a good day tomorrow. :^_^:

TheLogicalAsh
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TheLogicalAsh » 16 Nov 2021, 14:28

Emotive wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 06:27
It's kind of similar actually. At least I think, on some level. Kindness and understanding though go a long way when paranoia starts creeping in and my thoughts start going in circles, somehow multiplying the paranoia even more. Kindness really goes a long way to beating back those paranoia-infected thoughts. Like, I don't think I could really convey just how much it helps. Without kindness from people though and their willingness to listen, I'm thoroughly convinced I'd have lost my mind a very long time ago.

There's a mental component to my illness that's been going on for 17 years, so I end up bringing it up a lot. If it gets annoying feel free to tell me to talk about something else. lol I won't be offended, I just have a bad habit of talking about myself a lot, and I'm honestly trying to not do that so much. It's just hard when there's a mental illness that constantly talks to you, so you end up talking a lot (mostly to thin air) to them, so that really puts people off so I try to really keep from doing that. I'm sorry in advance though if I talk about me a lot, it's honestly not on purpose. Just a habit after all these years of talking to "myself".

Hopefull you're sleeping well, dude. In the off-chance that you check the forum in the morning, g'morning. You won't see this tonight, but I'll say g'night anyway. lol Stay safe too, and hope you have a good day tomorrow. :^_^:

I don't mind it being brought up at all. If you've got to get it off your chest then you have to. To be fair, what is likely to happen is I'll try to sympathise by talking about my own experiences, so same here if you ever want me to change topics.

In the meantime, I did sleep rather well and the rest of Broken Sky came today :)

ImageRelatively good quality for used, I must say. I'll likely either start reading these near the end of December or the start of next year. There are only so many I can read even with the amount of free time I have before work each day, and I've got other series' to finish first. But I will get to them regardless  :)

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 16 Nov 2021, 18:20

Nice! It's quite a treasure. Every now and then I still try to read it, even with my mental issue. Sometimes I get pretty far, but not far enough. Looks like I'll be able to really catch up now though after we possibly evacuate from home. There's a wildfire that's grown from 25 acres to 75 acres and we've already gotten a reverse 911 call about evacuation. Next will be mandatory evacuation though. If that happens, I'll be taking my Broken Sky books and The Braided Path to read while we hide out in a hotel. I'm hoping nothing happens to where we lose our home, but I can't see the future. I'm not known for being an optimist though. :sweatdrop:

Sympathizing would be perfectly ok, just some understanding really does go a long way, which is what sympathizing is I think. But I just woke up so my thoughts aren't all organized yet. lol

TheLogicalAsh
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TheLogicalAsh » 16 Nov 2021, 22:27

Emotive wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 18:20
Nice! It's quite a treasure. Every now and then I still try to read it, even with my mental issue. Sometimes I get pretty far, but not far enough. Looks like I'll be able to really catch up now though after we possibly evacuate from home. There's a wildfire that's grown from 25 acres to 75 acres and we've already gotten a reverse 911 call about evacuation. Next will be mandatory evacuation though. If that happens, I'll be taking my Broken Sky books and The Braided Path to read while we hide out in a hotel. I'm hoping nothing happens to where we lose our home, but I can't see the future. I'm not known for being an optimist though. :sweatdrop:

Sympathizing would be perfectly ok, just some understanding really does go a long way, which is what sympathizing is I think. But I just woke up so my thoughts aren't all organized yet. lol

Hmm, sad to hear about the wildfire but I'm happy you are trying to read Broken Sky again regardless. I wouldn't exactly say the two balance out but at least you have a better chance to read those books again.

I do hope the wildfire stops spreading. The last thing anyone wants is to not be able to home. In end though, as long as you are alright, I believe that's all we can ask for at the moment.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 17 Nov 2021, 22:18

I tried to read them, but couldn't picture the words in my mind. That's the issue I have with trying to read things like that nowadays. I just always see silhouetted figures in my mind that I've chalked up to being "them", and I can rarely picture something else in my mind. It's so annoying. Like, reading was one of my favorite things. As a kid I had most of the Goosebumps books. Which seems odd since I'm so horrified of horror these days. lol

The wildfire (from what I've read anyway) is only 15% contained, but that makes me wonder why we got a notification telling us we could come back home. It sounds like it's still close... but I hope I'm wrong and they just need to give a more recent update. We'll see in the very near future I think though. I've had this problem this year, of not being able to see past this year. Like some dark clouds are blocking any kind of future that I can see myself in. So, I don't know if it's this wildfire or the pandemic, but I've just got a gut feeling that something horrible is going to happen to me and our little family we have in this house. I hope I'm wrong, but usually I can see past the year to some kind of future, like envisioning what it will be like. So, it's just unsettling to have that sense of foreboding always there lately. :=/:

I hope they can 100% contain the wildfire though. But it sounds like a longer fight than I assumed when we got the notification saying that we could return home.

On a lighter note, how's your day been so far? :^_^:

TheLogicalAsh
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TheLogicalAsh » 18 Nov 2021, 03:22

Emotive wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 22:18
I tried to read them, but couldn't picture the words in my mind. That's the issue I have with trying to read things like that nowadays. I just always see silhouetted figures in my mind that I've chalked up to being "them", and I can rarely picture something else in my mind. It's so annoying. Like, reading was one of my favorite things. As a kid I had most of the Goosebumps books. Which seems odd since I'm so horrified of horror these days. lol

The wildfire (from what I've read anyway) is only 15% contained, but that makes me wonder why we got a notification telling us we could come back home. It sounds like it's still close... but I hope I'm wrong and they just need to give a more recent update. We'll see in the very near future I think though. I've had this problem this year, of not being able to see past this year. Like some dark clouds are blocking any kind of future that I can see myself in. So, I don't know if it's this wildfire or the pandemic, but I've just got a gut feeling that something horrible is going to happen to me and our little family we have in this house. I hope I'm wrong, but usually I can see past the year to some kind of future, like envisioning what it will be like. So, it's just unsettling to have that sense of foreboding always there lately. :=/:

I hope they can 100% contain the wildfire though. But it sounds like a longer fight than I assumed when we got the notification saying that we could return home.

On a lighter note, how's your day been so far? :^_^:

Hmm, I can see how that'd make reading difficult. It's a shame but since there is nothing you can do, then all there is to do would be to try again sometime in the future.

Ah, goosebumps though. I remember those from when I was a kid. Only read two or three but they scared me back then. Mainly the covers actually :lol:

It's a bit odd that they'd permit people to go home with only 15% of the wildfire contained. It's probably one of those situations where it's "You could but it doesn't mean you should". Maybe to cater to people whom are too impatient to wait for safety but I really wouldn't know.

I can get not being able to see a bright future ahead. It hasn't been a great year and mental illness is only going to compound the issue. All I can say is to try and focus on what you can do, as well as that you and your family are safe.

That being said, my day has been alright so far. I received my copies of the Claymore Manga yesterday, so I'll probably put up a picture of that tomorrow. Twenty-seven volumes are hard to fit in a picture, let alone a shelf :lol:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 18 Nov 2021, 07:32

lol They were creepy, but the one with Slappy in it was too much for me. Dolls have always creeped me out way too easily. :lol:

Well, the hotel was expensive, even just for 1 night, so we wouldn't have been able to stay for much longer. So, I don't know, but hopefully it stays away this time until it can be extinguished.

Yeah, the fam being safe is important to me. Even with all the things I think I'm hearing them say (auditory hallucinations suck) I still love them both more than anyone else on the planet. The distant family I've since disowned because of how they've stabbed me and my folks in the back (metaphorically speaking) when family just isn't supposed to do that. So, they're out of the picture, and our entire family consists of me, my mom, my step-dad, and of course our little 1 year old kittycat, Zena. :^_^: I mean, she might actually be 2? The inability to remember the prior year makes it hard to keep track. >_<

Glad your day's been ok so far though! A good day is always good news. :^_^: I'd love to collect manga, but with dad likely retiring in a few years the time of me being able to buy things on Amazon are extremely limited. Even if I'd start now, I wouldn't be able to get all 27 volumes. It's scary to think about how we'll manage after he retires though.

TheLogicalAsh
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TheLogicalAsh » 18 Nov 2021, 09:28

Emotive wrote:
18 Nov 2021, 07:32
lol They were creepy, but the one with Slappy in it was too much for me. Dolls have always creeped me out way too easily. Image

Well, the hotel was expensive, even just for 1 night, so we wouldn't have been able to stay for much longer. So, I don't know, but hopefully it stays away this time until it can be extinguished.

Yeah, the fam being safe is important to me. Even with all the things I think I'm hearing them say (auditory hallucinations suck) I still love them both more than anyone else on the planet. The distant family I've since disowned because of how they've stabbed me and my folks in the back (metaphorically speaking) when family just isn't supposed to do that. So, they're out of the picture, and our entire family consists of me, my mom, my step-dad, and of course our little 1 year old kittycat, Zena. :^_^: I mean, she might actually be 2? The inability to remember the prior year makes it hard to keep track. >_<

Glad your day's been ok so far though! A good day is always good news. :^_^: I'd love to collect manga, but with dad likely retiring in a few years the time of me being able to buy things on Amazon are extremely limited. Even if I'd start now, I wouldn't be able to get all 27 volumes. It's scary to think about how we'll manage after he retires though.

I can't deny that. Slappy was one of the creepiest parts of my childhood back when I used to borrow from libraries.

And yeah, I can see why you wouldn't want to stay in the hotel then. One can only hope the wildfire is contained faster. Still, as long as you are all safe, that's all that matters. Of course, having a pet is good too. I find most pretty comforting so I'm glad you've got one, even if it's a cat :lol:

I might be biased though since I prefer dogs, occasionally reptiles but that was when I was younger. Cats seem to have a very limited sense of loyalty, but I can't deny their fluffiness :lol:

That being said, the only reason I am able to buy what I do is because I work the night shift at my work and I am a very low maintenance kind of person. As a result, I can save and have a little bit left in my account for other expenses regardless of what I'm doing. Though I refrain from making any really big purchases unless it's something I save for specifically. Crazy splurges like buying a whole manga collection is more of a once a year kind of thing, if that. Hence why I only have a small amount of any other Manga so far.

On a related note, here is the picture of Claymore on my shelf:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 18 Nov 2021, 20:28

lol Are you not a cat person? But they're so cute! Plus some still sound like kittens when they meow, like our Zena. omg, I wish I had my camera but it's lost somewhere in the house. lol If I find it I'll take a pic of her and show ya. She's just so cute. X3 It's ok though, I understand. I mean, dogs sound like they're a lot of work to take care of, and I'm not exactly the most responsible person you'll ever meet. :sweatdrop: But sometimes I do wish she'd play with the toy we're moving around instead of just looking at us. lol

Nice! Being able to manage your money is a skill I've never actually acquired. lol It might be another big reason of why I'm living with my parents. I wish I could collect manga like that in one fell swoop. I'd love to get Shaman King manga since the DVDs are out of stock and the ones that are new are too expensive. I'm too paranoid about the pandemic to buy anything used right now. :sweatdrop: The mental infectious disease known as paranoia, the silent contaminant. >_<

Looks like golden treasure to me though! 27 volumes of gold. :^_^: Congratz on finding them all too, sometimes that can be a feat in and of itself. I've only read a small part of the beginning, but the differences really can be more surprising than at least I thought. I've got the anime, but would love the manga at some point before dad retires as well.

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 18 Nov 2021, 20:33

TheLogicalAsh wrote:
18 Nov 2021, 09:28

I love it! :3
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

TheLogicalAsh
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TheLogicalAsh » 19 Nov 2021, 03:29

Emotive wrote:
18 Nov 2021, 20:28
lol Are you not a cat person? But they're so cute! Plus some still sound like kittens when they meow, like our Zena. omg, I wish I had my camera but it's lost somewhere in the house. lol If I find it I'll take a pic of her and show ya. She's just so cute. X3 It's ok though, I understand. I mean, dogs sound like they're a lot of work to take care of, and I'm not exactly the most responsible person you'll ever meet. :sweatdrop: But sometimes I do wish she'd play with the toy we're moving around instead of just looking at us. lol

Nice! Being able to manage your money is a skill I've never actually acquired. lol It might be another big reason of why I'm living with my parents. I wish I could collect manga like that in one fell swoop. I'd love to get Shaman King manga since the DVDs are out of stock and the ones that are new are too expensive. I'm too paranoid about the pandemic to buy anything used right now. :sweatdrop: The mental infectious disease known as paranoia, the silent contaminant. >_<

Looks like golden treasure to me though! 27 volumes of gold. :^_^: Congratz on finding them all too, sometimes that can be a feat in and of itself. I've only read a small part of the beginning, but the differences really can be more surprising than at least I thought. I've got the anime, but would love the manga at some point before dad retires as well.

It's mostly because cats are inherently a rather lounging pet. Might just be because I'm a rather active person and so I tend to prefer dogs as a result. But still, I can't deny for petting that a cat tends to be perfect due to their fluffiness, at least for the ones I owned.

Nowadays I always think a cat is just staring into my soul when they look at me :lol:

Managing money isn't an easy skill to be fair, there are times when I slip but most of the time I'm alright. I'm glad it's one of the few thing that I have restraint with, otherwise my collection would belch larger and I all the poorer because of it :sweatdrop:

But yeah, I feel great owning them and it won't take me long to read them since manga is a partly visual medium :)

Teeny wrote:
18 Nov 2021, 20:33
TheLogicalAsh wrote:
18 Nov 2021, 09:28

I love it! :3

Thank you, Teeny. Hope you are having a good day! :)

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 19 Nov 2021, 04:54

lol It seems like they do with that thousand yeard stare of theirs sometimes. If I'm ever able to get a cat of my own, I'm calling it Fluffy. lol

xD Yeah, I definitely need to learn impulse control, and it isn't limited to expenses. Actually one of my psychiatrists suggested I have impulse control issues, which I didn't agree with back then but I was a teenager so I only saw things my way. I wasn't an easily tolerated kid. lol

I love manga for that very fact actually, it helps as opposed to reading a novel or book like Broken Sky. Reading manga is actually easier, which surprised me. So, there's some kind of silver lining, right? :^_^:

Do you have any pets?

TheLogicalAsh
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by TheLogicalAsh » 19 Nov 2021, 05:51

Emotive wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 04:54
lol It seems like they do with that thousand yeard stare of theirs sometimes. If I'm ever able to get a cat of my own, I'm calling it Fluffy. lol

xD Yeah, I definitely need to learn impulse control, and it isn't limited to expenses. Actually one of my psychiatrists suggested I have impulse control issues, which I didn't agree with back then but I was a teenager so I only saw things my way. I wasn't an easily tolerated kid. lol

I love manga for that very fact actually, it helps as opposed to reading a novel or book like Broken Sky. Reading manga is actually easier, which surprised me. So, there's some kind of silver lining, right? :^_^:

Do you have any pets?

One more to add to the great swarm of cats called Fluffy :lol:

Impulse control is a very difficult thing, people will always have trouble with it, and to be fair, I don't recall as a teen agreeing to much an adult ever said to me. Of course, looking back with more seasoned eyes, I can see where I was wrong but the point I'm trying to make is when have teens ever really agreed with adults? It'd just one of those stages of life, and we eventually grow wiser from the experience :)

That being said, yeah, Manga holds a solid place in my heart for taking some of the mental processing away from me. I think if anything, it's great to have different mediums because there are some people who simply cannot process reading as easily or have time to do it, so movies, comics and even video games always feel like a solid choice when trying to discover new worlds :)

On the point of pets, not anymore, no. Back when I was with my parents, we had several but I can't really say they were ever truly mine. Used to be three dogs and cats, as well as three bearded dragons. Technically, one of those is mine since I paid for it to replace the one that'd died and if I thought I could afford the constant electrical cost, I'd take it back.

One of the dogs also died a few months back at a venerable sixteen years old, it was sad but also amazing he'd lasted that long as a purebred. He shall be missed :(

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 19 Nov 2021, 06:52

Sometimes, but I don't think I'm too much wiser from then. lol I'm naive on a level that honestly no 33 year old should be, and an incredibly bad judge of character. :sweatdrop: Some things change, but some things remain the same. At least is what it seems like sometimes. :sweatdrop:

Video games are what I usually defer to, it was my escape as a kid from reality, so I played them every chance I got. I mean, even in high school I slipped in some play with Tekken Advance and DBZ Taiketsu with my NDS. Not something I'd ever want anyone to do, I had my priorities all wrong. lol I love how many different ways there are of losing yourself in different worlds though. I'd forgotten about how much anime can do that too until recently. It started with me watching Yugioh again, then Wolf's Rain, now I'm planning on watching X 1999 through to the end tomorrow since it got too late to watch it tonight. Sometimes the mental illness gets too distracting, but after actually trying to watch anime it's not as impossible as I thought so I'm feeling like celebrating somehow. lol I was so convinced I couldn't watch anime with the voices being such a distraction. One of those times I'm glad I was wrong. :^_^:

Sorry, I also tend to be random when typing or talking. :sweatdrop: And get excessive sometimes too, which I really try not to do. :sweatdrop:

Sorry to hear you don't have pets anymore. Is a bearded dragon like an iguana? I don't really know anything about reptiles. >_< It's kind of funny though when you're older when you think back to wanting a pet so much but it was the parents that took care of it. You might've been more responsible than I was though. :sweatdrop:

My condolences about the dog that passed away. 4 of our cats passed away, they all lived long lives in the later double digits and we loved them to the best of our ability. I think even after they pass into the next life they still come around, we just can't see them. :^_^: