Tanya’s Random Musings

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Random Saga

Post by Tanya » 16 Nov 2021, 01:06

I've been able to finally catch up some reading. Ascendance of a Bookworm is a series I love to read and new chapters come out each week to read. In fact on Mondays, today. I was 3 weeks behind. Now I'm only a week behind. After I read last week's, I'll have today's to read and I'll be caught up. Next week's chapter should be the end of the LN.

The chapters were fantastic. Still I have more to read. lol usually there is never enough to read each week. Still I might be finished reading it all tonight despite have 4 weeks worth to read this time.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Lord Myne's Saga

Post by Tanya » 21 Nov 2021, 20:19

I've decided to read Ascendance of a Bookworm from the beginning again. I have all the Digital that's out and even a printed copy of what's been published so far, so quite a few. I'm starting with what paperbacks I have. I don't have a digital copy of Fanbook 2 though which I may end up getting. I think I'll update here as I read it again. I am looking into getting some new series too, though. I really like Light Novels, so that's just how it is. I prefer how the Japanese write a novel versus how western novels are written. Now I do like some Western ones.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Lord Myne's Saga

Post by Tanya » 23 Nov 2021, 19:11

Oh man I completely forgot how uncomfortable Myne's new life as a commoner made her compared to her modern day life in Japan. I was just thinking about the lack of books mainly. But the filth and smell bothered her a lot.

She got her mother to extract more of the impurities in the wax so it wouldn't smell as bad when burning. Here I'm use to either a cheap candle having no smell or an expensive one having a nice aroma when burning.
本好きの下剋上

Tera
Korea South

Achievements

Lord Myne's Saga

Post by Tera » 24 Nov 2021, 00:08

Just stopping by. Hi there!

You seem to be well read. I think if I never help in coming up with a story, I will have to steal some of your time.

Otherwise, interesting novels. Can't say I have heard of any of them, but there again, I don't read visual novels much or manga. I do watch anime every few months, but tend to watch Korean Drama's more. Such nice stories they have and sometimes, very inspirational.

I see you are in Tempest. Not much roleplays happening there, but there again, it would be nice if it is more active. :)

From the picture above... Wacom or XP Pen? Or different brand touch graphics tablet? I would assume Wacom, as most industry professionals have that, however, XP Pen is equally awesome I hear.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Lord Myne's Saga

Post by Tanya » 24 Nov 2021, 15:08

It's an XP Pen, nice. You are the first to even ask about it. Wacom is still considered the better one but the XP Pen is considered it's top contender and less expensive for a comparable tablet. I do have a WACOM but it's quite a bit older. I'm just a hobbyist so I don't need the WACOM which is basically marketing for professionals mainly, but so does the XP Pen now.

Well I don't read Manga or Visual Novels as I find them boring. I mean I do like seeing images for stories here and there but images being used to tell the story just doesn't work for me. Light Novels or just that, Novels that aren't as long as a normal novel. Japanese have a different approach to how they write novels than Western novels are written. I suppose each culture does.

I've watch some Korean Drama, not a lot and I've enjoyed them. I don't really watch much of anything that's a Western or Hollywood style show anymore. Pretty much just watch the Asian Culture stuff. I read more than I watch shows though.

As for Roleplaying, I do wish our clan was more active, but I am working on putting together a new RPG for a local table top game. Half the time when I do that I also start one in the Forum as well, same campaign idea and story with some differences, since table tops and Forum RPGs can't be ran the same. I'll go ahead and do that this time as well so we can hopefully spark up some activity in the clan.
本好きの下剋上

Tera
Korea South

Achievements

Lord Myne's Saga

Post by Tera » 24 Nov 2021, 18:40

I haven't participated in many tabletop RPG's, but if you are putting something together, feel free to add me. :)

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Lord Myne's Saga

Post by Momogari » 24 Nov 2021, 21:58

I saw the picture but didn't even notice the tablet thingy.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Tera
Korea South

Achievements

Lord Myne's Saga

Post by Tera » 25 Nov 2021, 00:34

I will agree with Momogari that the pictures and statues were the first thing I took note of, before the tablet. Since you do have an XP Pen, make sure you enter their yearly contests. Good experience and you never know...you might win something. :) I am curious. Is those pictures yours, or belongs to the family/ or house owner...depending on whether you live at home or in your own accommodation. I am not assuming, just listing potential options. To be fair, it is unusual to see statues and pictures like that. Very unexpected.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Lord Myne's Saga

Post by Tanya » 25 Nov 2021, 01:05

Tera wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 00:34
I will agree with Momogari that the pictures and statues were the first thing I took note of, before the tablet. Since you do have an XP Pen, make sure you enter their yearly contests. Good experience and you never know...you might win something. :) I am curious. Is those pictures yours, or belongs to the family/ or house owner...depending on whether you live at home or in your own accommodation. I am not assuming, just listing potential options. To be fair, it is unusual to see statues and pictures like that. Very unexpected.
The pictures and statues are mine. I purchased the statues when I lived in Italy. I purchased one of the pictures a couple years ago. The other picture was a gift from my sister in law. One of the statues was a gift too from a friend I had in Italy.

The house is mine. A bunch of my family use to live here but not anymore. They all moved out so I live in it alone now.

Thanks for the information about the tournaments. I’ll check them out.
本好きの下剋上

Tera
Korea South

Achievements

Lord Myne's Saga

Post by Tera » 25 Nov 2021, 01:15

Well, call me surprised. You are an interesting person. I am not sure on your gender, male or female, or otherwise known, but can tell you this: You are unique in life. If you like statues like that, try to recreate art pieces that reflect the old masters. Whether in abstract form, or more traditional digital art painting style, I think it will be worth exploring. For me, I like the old nude statues you get from Rome and other cities. They always fascinated me. Not the nude-ness of the statue, but how people are portrayed. Within the last two years, was the first time in my life that I tried my hand at something similar. I created two art pieces that I am pretty proud of, and it has that 'innocence/angelic/strange' feeling to it. I experiment a lot with art work, which is why the pictures you have interested me. I hope you create tons of amazing things. :)

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Lord Myne's Saga

Post by Tanya » 25 Nov 2021, 01:41

I’m male.

That’s pretty cool that you made your own statues. I’ve never done anything like that but then again I’m not interested in learning even though I appreciate the beauty of them.

I have other statues as well but I have a variety. That room happens to be my Rome themed room. So my other rooms look nothing like it.
本好きの下剋上

Tera
Korea South

Achievements

Lord Myne's Saga

Post by Tera » 25 Nov 2021, 01:58

Gah! My bad. I meant art pieces, create digital art pieces that reflect your interests- like the statues, but instead of an actual statue, create an art piece. :) I think I didn't explain myself properly. My mind can jump a bit. Sorry. :)

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Lord Myne's Saga

Post by Tanya » 25 Nov 2021, 02:08

Oh ok, I have done that, too some of extent.

Anyway here’s what I mean by variety

本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Lord Myne's Saga

Post by Tanya » 25 Nov 2021, 02:09

本好きの下剋上

Tera
Korea South

Achievements

Lord Myne's Saga

Post by Tera » 25 Nov 2021, 03:25

Nice figurines! What draws my attention is the Chinese wall hanging Scrolls. I have two myself that I got for myself in 2012 I think it was, or 2013 from the Chinese New Years Festival held in Newcastle. I don't have many items like that, just the wall hangings, decorative hand-held fans, if that is the name for them, and had an artist draw my name (or a word- can't remember what I specified) in the old style. I liked that. However, your stuff is really nice. I like. Its nice to see someone goes to such effort to display them beautifully.