Tanya’s Random Musings

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Tanya’s Random Musings

Post by Tanya » 17 Oct 2021, 15:54

Hello, I decided to start a Journal again.  I know it's standard and expected I make an introduction so I suppose I will do so now.

I've been a member of AL for a long time.  I started off as a roleplayer here and still run a roleplayer Clan on AL.  Though I haven't been able to spend time on it lately.  I've had other things going on and I imagine that's how it is for most who use to roleplay on AL.  On AL I've also been a member of staff on and off.  

Now my hobbies are writing, reading and watching anime among other things, though I won't be going into details on the other things most likely here. 

I'll do some creative writing in my journal, write about Novels I've read, other books, and comment on anime I've watched.  I do game some but not much.  I might comment on games too but not likely.

Others are free to comment in my journal.

Light Novels
Every Monday there are Light Novels with released parts that I'm keeping up with.

Ascendance of a Bookworm and S Rank Adventurer

Every Friday

Demon Lord Retry

Light novels I need to catch up on

Youjo Senki

Demon Slime

Bofurui

Katrina

Tearmoon

Last Alchemist

Log Horizon

Anime
Anime I'm looking forward too

Ascendance of Bookworm Season 3

Anime I'm currently watching

None in particular
Last edited by Tanya on 19 Feb 2022, 06:22, edited 5 times in total.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Random Saga

Post by Tanya » 17 Oct 2021, 16:08

001 Entry

I've been reading Light novels as of late and a variety of them.

I realize I never finished Youjo Senki. So I've started reading it again, from the beginning. I liked the anime. There's reason why I quit reading it. It has to do with a reason why I dislike part of a LN I'm currently reading. My preference is Fantasy then Science Fiction typically.

So do I want to read any LNs about a modern story, the answer is absolutely not. But it's part of the story.

Youjo Senki divides itself into to two stories. It has the story of Tanya and the events surrounding her. Then a story that takes place in the future well after the war ends. It switches back and forth between them. Every time I read the future story I get mad at the author because I see it as a complete waste of time to read. But it's part of the story so I read it. So far it holds no relevance whatsoever except a future of the country exists but its state of being is unclear and it's obviously left to be unclear for now.

I've decided on this reread I'll skip this part as it won't be relevant until the end anyways. So that's my gripe about Youjo Senki.

The new LN I started a few weeks ago has a similar theme but in this Isekai it flashes to the Isekai world and to what took place before the MC was isekaied. Guess what I could care less about what happened previously. But it seems there's a point to it. But it's about the modern world so I find this to be torture to read much like listening to today's news is for but for obviously different reasons.

With fiction at least they honestly telling you this isn't real unlike the news which seems to be more lies than truths. Well it's more opinion based than anything. But opinions are not facts but the news tries to spin them as if they are facts and this is basically all news channels.

Youjo Senki is more of an intellectual read than most other Light novels so in many ways it is quite enjoyable and stimulating to read.
Last edited by Tanya on 17 Oct 2021, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Random Saga

Post by Tanya » 17 Oct 2021, 16:08

Naughty Kitty wrote:
17 Oct 2021, 16:04
It begins.
It does
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Random Saga

Post by Tanya » 17 Oct 2021, 18:54

Every Monday there are Light Novels with released parts that I'm keeping up with.

Ascendance of a Bookworm and S Rank Adventurer

Every Friday

Demon Lord Retry

Light novels I need to catch up on

Youjo Senki

Demon Slime

Bofurui

Katrina

Tearmoon

Last Alchemist

Log Horizon
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Random Saga

Post by Tanya » 17 Oct 2021, 19:16

Naughty Kitty wrote:
17 Oct 2021, 19:03
My goodness quite the reader (I'm fond of reading myself). :)
Indeed I am I have a library within my home.

I mean my AL rank is Bookworm member
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Random Saga

Post by Tanya » 17 Oct 2021, 19:41

Well one room dedicated to books isn't much of a library
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Random Saga

Post by Tanya » 17 Oct 2021, 19:47

It is nice to have them available to read. I have quite a few on my Kindle too though. So I pick and choose where to read. The Kindle is nice because it can basically go anywhere. Like a portable library.

It's magic
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Random Saga

Post by Tanya » 24 Oct 2021, 15:20

Naughty Kitty wrote:
17 Oct 2021, 20:02
I was going to get one but well... expensive (for me). They are really nice though. :)
Well we must live within our means.

I’ve started to read Youjo Senki again. I’ve heard it’s not as popular as other LNs because of all the military jargon which I have no real issues with. The anime is extremely popular in comparison apparently.

As I stated before I decided not to read the part of the story that takes place 40 years in the future. I am taking note where the breaks are and plan on reading it all together later. I’ll find that far less annoying. Further in the long run I won’t miss out.
本好きの下剋上

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Random Saga

Post by melanch0lic » 25 Oct 2021, 16:21

hello @Ran Kami! :nekothink:
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Random Saga

Post by Tanya » 25 Oct 2021, 17:32

Hello Melanch
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Random Saga

Post by Tanya » 10 Nov 2021, 22:38

I haven't made it far into Youjo Senki considering how busy I am at times. I haven't read much of anything as of late. My office was just rearranged. Which is nice. More organized and all that.

I suppose I should a picture of it.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Random Saga

Post by Tanya » 10 Nov 2021, 22:42

本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Random Saga

Post by Tanya » 10 Nov 2021, 22:43

I really just moved it into the room above, it was bit crowded in the room I had it in previously so now it has plenty of space for my stuff.

I've doing some other rearranging too.
本好きの下剋上

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Random Saga

Post by LikkleMel » 11 Nov 2021, 12:58

ohhh I love the setup!
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Random Saga

Post by Tanya » 12 Nov 2021, 12:34

LikkleMel wrote:
11 Nov 2021, 12:58
ohhh I love the setup!
Thanks

I have an update on LNs I've been reading, I had little time to check up on some today so decided to do so. Turns out it hasn't been continued recently for over a month. I just haven't got back to it. It's on my list above 'Demon Lord Retry.' It is certainly not over where it ended. So I'm not sure what's up. But it does how little time I have had for reading. I decided I'm going to take vacation soon, just a week off though. That'll give me time to get some reading time in and time for a few other things too.

As far as light novels are concerned even though I have gotten quite a few for my E-reader, I'm buying paperbacks for some volumes.

The two main reasons I went for an E-reader to read was: 1) Convenient, as it holds lots of books at once and easy to take where I want to read it and it doesn't need connectivity to do so. 2) Early availability: E-Books come out and become available 6 to 12 months earlier than printed books do. Those were my main reasons, however, they are less expensive than the printed books but that seems to be changing and the gap between costs is shrinking. I'll likely still buy both E-books and printed books.

Many E-books in my opinion has some major issues in how they are sold. That's making me like them less. In many cases you don't truly own your E-Books like you do your printed copy.
本好きの下剋上