I love to create, do you?

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

HikariDream
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by HikariDream » 18 Jul 2021, 14:50

Hello there everyone, here is my first journal here and I thought I would make it about what I love the most, the urge to create :<3:

I have loved to create things for as long as I can remember and am now a harder of hobbies, anyone else? My most visited creative mediums are, drawing/painting, knitting, crochet, sewing and baking. Though I do and have experimented with a lot of mediums as I took fine art in university, I will have to search the dark depths of my computer at a later date to find pics of my old uni work :)

So now you know a bit about why I am here this is my question to you, do you love to create? If the answer is yes then show me what you do, whether it is one thing or many go for it I want to see it.

ONLY ONE RULE NO +18 IMAGES I would like this to be an all age friendly journal please and thank you.

Anyway here is some pics that I have of what I like to do, these are examples and not everything I have done :) I will add more in the future

I'm the weird one you were warned about
Let your weeb flag fly free

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 18 Jul 2021, 17:09

The gingerbread men look delicious!
Welcome to journals :D
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 18 Jul 2021, 17:17

HikariDream wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 14:50
this is my question to you, do you love to create? If the answer is yes then show me what you do, whether it is one thing or many go for it I want to see it.
I hardly ever talk about myself, but I am inspired to answer you.

I have described my being as someone driven to make things, which makes sense since every toy I had growing up was a building toy (legos, knex, erector sets). My mom did that on purpose. She was arts and craftsy herself and I got into a lot of weird shit like basket making that only lasted like two months lol. In the distant past I did do physical art, so in a parallel world I imagine I'd have ended up on the same path as you. But I lost patience for that. I used to do GFX (viewtopic.php?f=65&t=117917), which is artistic in the same way making a collage is artistic, but I lost patience for that too. I guess I still do it once in a blue moon, though it's mostly simpler stuff now. I remember spending 9 hours straight in photoshop back in 2010 or so. Probably never again.

I used to write a lot more, too, but I also lost patience for that. Making art is mentally tiring. I wrote a scifi novel in high school but since then it's only the short story very occasionally. Hmm. I guess I have a link for one or two of those too.
Oh damn, they're in the archive and you have to log in to access that.

Actually most of the things I could show are posts in the archive. Oh well.
No, not oh well. I'm gonna take this opportunity to bring all my archived creations into the main forum. It'll prevent them from being lost if the archives go down.
Look at you, inspiring (or something) enough to make me decided what to do with the first hour of my day.
Writing
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=127419
Carpentry
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=124144

Anyway, being someone driven to create is still true. I became a software engineer because of it.
Here's something I'm the project lead on:
https://shaappt.cxmflow.com/index.html
Most of my projects aren't public-facing websites, but that's one that is. And actually I hate styling websites. I didn't make it look it like that. My work is making it...work. I like making things work in clever ways. It's probably strange to hear that it's creative, but engineering really is. And unlike making what you'd really call art, it's not mentally tiring to me. I'm always especially excited about making the next neat tool for the other people I work with. I ended up in exactly the right place.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

HikariDream
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by HikariDream » 19 Jul 2021, 17:05

Teeny wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 17:09
The gingerbread men look delicious!
Welcome to journals :D
Thank you and trust me they tasted amazing :=D:

Momogari wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 17:17
HikariDream wrote:
this is my question to you, do you love to create? If the answer is yes then show me what you do, whether it is one thing or many go for it I want to see it.
I hardly ever talk about myself, but I am inspired to answer you.

This is amazing and I am glad I inspired you to talk about your crafts. Creativeness comes in all forms not just art, though really I would consider most things that people make with their own hands to be art even, as you said, engineering. I loved looking through your stuff also, I like seeing what others can do especially when it is something I can't do or haven't done, for example if you tried to get me to do engineering or carpentry and I would probably not be very good :sweatdrop: I know if I put my mind to it I probably could but dyslexic brain says no, love looking at it and watching it but doing is a whole other thing :haha:

I am happy I inspired you though, being an inspiration to each other is one of the things that help those creative juices flow, that and general conversation, that is what I hope for this journal :)

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 19 Jul 2021, 17:47

The Stitch is adorable!! <3
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 19 Jul 2021, 18:03

That cake looks dangerously good. I also love the cat a d mouse on the moon.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

HikariDream
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by HikariDream » 19 Jul 2021, 18:33

LikkleMel wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 17:47
Thank you, made it for my sister's birthday, she loves stitch :)

PharaohAtem wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 18:03
That cake is better than just cake, it's a crunchy cheesecake :kawaii: also thank you, that is a personal favourite of mine as it was done to commemorate 2 pets that I lost last year :worry:

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 19 Jul 2021, 21:40

HikariDream wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 18:33
LikkleMel wrote:

PharaohAtem wrote:
That cake is better than just cake, it's a crunchy cheesecake :kawaii: also thank you, that is a personal favourite of mine as it was done to commemorate 2 pets that I lost last year :worry:

I love cheesecake that's a weakness of mine and I dont care. Sorry about your pets they are family.

HikariDream
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by HikariDream » 19 Jul 2021, 22:03

PharaohAtem wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 21:40
HikariDream wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 18:33
LikkleMel wrote:

PharaohAtem wrote:

I love cheesecake that's a weakness of mine and I dont care. Sorry about your pets they are family.

Oh yes I went through a cheesecake fase, so much cheesecake but so good :kawaii: thank you, it was hard loosing them but it is OK, I have had my time to greave and I plan to get that painting tattooed at some point when I can afford it :=D:

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 19 Jul 2021, 22:15

I do want some crunchy cheesecake.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 19 Jul 2021, 22:26

Oh that'll be a sweet tattoo.

HikariDream
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by HikariDream » 19 Jul 2021, 22:37

Momogari wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 22:15
I do want some crunchy cheesecake.

It was a very good cheesecake if I am honest with you.

PharaohAtem wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 22:26
Oh that'll be a sweet tattoo.

Thank you I honestly can't wait to have it done :)

Also I have a question, anyone interested to see me turn this into a soot sprite?

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 19 Jul 2021, 22:43

Yes

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 19 Jul 2021, 23:01

Me, though I couldn't croshe for the life of me just saying.

Akane Mayu
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Akane Mayu » 29 Jul 2021, 22:50

HikariDream wrote:
Hello there everyone, here is my first journal here and I thought I would make it about what I love the most, the urge to create :<3:

I have loved to create things for as long as I can remember and am now a harder of hobbies, anyone else? My most visited creative mediums are, drawing/painting, knitting, crochet, sewing and baking. Though I do and have experimented with a lot of mediums as I took fine art in university, I will have to search the dark depths of my computer at a later date to find pics of my old uni work :)

So now you know a bit about why I am here this is my question to you, do you love to create? If the answer is yes then show me what you do, whether it is one thing or many go for it I want to see it.

ONLY ONE RULE NO +18 IMAGES I would like this to be an all age friendly journal please and thank you.

Anyway here is some pics that I have of what I like to do, these are examples and not everything I have done :) I will add more in the future

those look awsome