With You Again [Teeny & Yusei]

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

YuseiFudou97
Standard Member

Achievements

Post by YuseiFudou97 » 30 Jan 2022, 11:56

Teeny wrote:
28 Jan 2022, 21:14
Seeing my family this weekend for my birthday :)
Didn't get to see them on the day so making up for it this weekend ^^
What are your weekend plans?

Happy Birthday in advance then! :=D:
Have lots of fun!

Naughty Kitty wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 15:46
Playing games with my little sister, you?

What games? :kawaii:

As for me, most of Saturday I've been prepping for an upcoming wedding.
Haven't gone to weddings in a very long time, so had to get a suit, shoes etc etc.
Most of sunday will be spent just relaxing though! :XD:
Good becomes great, this is why you were chosen
Because a weak man knows the value of strength, and knows, compassion

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 30 Jan 2022, 13:49

Have you been relaxing with anime or games?

YuseiFudou97
Standard Member

Achievements

Post by YuseiFudou97 » 01 Feb 2022, 16:48

Naughty Kitty wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 12:08
My little sister and I will be playing some resident evil in co-op so I can help her. A wedding sounds fun, sounds like your all kitted out now so time to relax and have some fun hmm? :)

Nice, hope you had fun playing Resident Evil together! :=D: And yeah I was all kitted out, but now it's time to prep myself for the wedding. So basically, meow~

And surprisingly I did start watching an Anime again. It's called "A Realist Hero's Kingdom Restoration Chronicle". I was so confused when I started watching it, because I absolutely expected it to start like every other Isekai.

But as it turns out I accidently clicked on Season 2 instead of Season 1 (not knowing it even had a season 1 & 2). So I'm like 5 minutes into the first episode of season 2 and am so confused. Never have I watched an Anime where in the first episode you're looking at 10 characters with different hair colors, without them explaining who is who or what everyone's specialty is.

That's when I figured out I was watching season 2 and started watching the first episode of season 1. Lo and behold... main character gets summoned through magic while he's in the library to another world. Becomes King of the Kingdom he is summoned to. And what does he have to do?
  Spoiler:  
FIX THE KINGDOM'S FINANCES...
HUH?

It's certainly... an interesting take. Instead of just being thrown into a world and slowly introduce new female characters for the usual harem plot. And considering I studied finances, it actually got me into it. So far while being 7 episodes in, 7/10 is what I rate it.

So what have you guys been up to? :=D:

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 01 Feb 2022, 17:31

I have realist hero LN volumes 1-11 and enjoy the earlier story arcs but stopped on volume 10 because the entire book is about arranging 3 or 4 marriages and it got old.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 01 Feb 2022, 18:50

Sounds like you caught yourself though before you watched all of season 2 first, so there's that. lol Man, glad you found the 1st season before watching too many in season 2 first. Glad you like it so far too. :^_^:

All I'm doing is playing Budokai HD Collection on my PS3, just trying to relax and chill out. Not much other than that, except waiting for the to shuffle in new Skills in the TP Medal Shop in Xenoverse 2 on Switch.

YuseiFudou97
Standard Member

Achievements

Post by YuseiFudou97 » 01 Feb 2022, 21:41

Emotive Syndrome wrote:
01 Feb 2022, 18:50
Sounds like you caught yourself though before you watched all of season 2 first, so there's that. lol Man, glad you found the 1st season before watching too many in season 2 first. Glad you like it so far too. :^_^:

All I'm doing is playing Budokai HD Collection on my PS3, just trying to relax and chill out. Not much other than that, except waiting for the to shuffle in new Skills in the TP Medal Shop in Xenoverse 2 on Switch.

Yeah it would've been super confusing finishing all of season 2 without realizing that it WAS season 2! :XD:

Also nice to hear! I actually thought about getting the Budokai HD Collection recently too. Been wanting it for a while, but unsure of it's worth paying 25 bucks for a used copy :sweatdrop:
I will say though, I've been playing a bit of Raging Blast 2. Recently found out that people still play that online! Crazy honestly! :=D:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 01 Feb 2022, 22:50

Well, the passwords in Budokai 3 might be redundant and most likely nowhere to share them, or at least I haven't found one yet, but it's still fun to play. Just gives more points for the other things instead of COM quite frankly. lol And even without that benefit it had of the password sharing, it's got such a long story, even blazing through it took me over a week of playing it every day, if not 2 weeks, it was still a lot to get. Plus you can still aim to get 100% of the capsules which is what I'm planning on, and getting the Platinum for it is fairly easy, just time consuming. Raging Blast seemed like it forced the player to play all of the characters, which didn't feel right to me. Usually I like options when it comes to my characters, but to progress you had to use certain characters was too much for me. I didn't know anyone still played any PS3 games online though. But I'd say it's worth it fo the Budokai HD Collection. I ran through the first Budokai for nostalgia and the Platinum Trophy but honestly I forgot how much fun it was too, even though the 3d look wasn't that great it still hooked me back on PS2. lol

YuseiFudou97
Standard Member

Achievements

Post by YuseiFudou97 » 02 Feb 2022, 11:12

Emotive Syndrome wrote:
01 Feb 2022, 22:50
Raging Blast seemed like it forced the player to play all of the characters, which didn't feel right to me. Usually I like options when it comes to my characters, but to progress you had to use certain characters was too much for me.

Well since you need to finish Galaxy Mode for multiple trophies, yeah you are indeed forced to play all characters. But that's because you're basically going through the story from their point of view. Essentially fighting the battles, they've participated in. But at least this is only for the trophies. Sadly I can't get the trophies for my PS3 games anymore since I run CFW on it :soul:

Thankfully in other games which I play competitively, I just focus on a few characters. Xenoverse 2 falls into this category, PvP can be very fun and exciting. As the quests are just boring after a while of replaying them. I've already got the Platinum for the game, so not much else to focus on. But the occasional photo mode can be fun too! :XD:

I also asked a good friend of mine if it was worth getting the Budokai HD Collection, but he suggested I'm better off just emulating the PS2 games. The HD Collection is missing the original soundtrack the games had, which is already a dealbreaker for me :(

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 02 Feb 2022, 12:05

Oh really? I didn't actually know it was from their point of view. :sweatdrop: Oh, is CFW one of those ways to crack a PS3? I mean, I think that's the right word. I'm not really knowledgeable about the lingo with those things. :sweatdrop:

I can't do PvP or any other online PvP gaming because of our wifi. But I do love doing the Parallel Quests and the main story of it. I'm waiting to be able to afford all of the DLC though before I dive in fully. Photo mode looks so fun it's not even funny!! I really should try it out on my CaCs.

The soundtrack for the game is the same I thought. If it isn't the same it's VERY similar because I played the hell out of the PS2 version. lol Trust me. It's not an entirely different shift from the sound of the PS2 version though.

YuseiFudou97
Standard Member

Achievements

Post by YuseiFudou97 » 03 Feb 2022, 15:24

Yup, running Custom Firmware on your PS3 let's you just get any game you want and play it (except online). It's a very painful progress for the PS3 if you don't know what you're doing :XD:

Riiiight I forgot you had that wifi issue. I can see why singleplayer games would be more in your favor, cause you wouldn't have to put up with laggy gameplay or just getting disconnected :worry:

YuseiFudou97
Standard Member

Achievements

Post by YuseiFudou97 » 03 Feb 2022, 18:11

You also have bad wifi Kitty nya?

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 03 Feb 2022, 21:57

Our wifi never even connects, it never even has the chance to even lag. That's how crappy it is. lol And yet it plays YouTube videos smoothly... like, wth? It makes no sense to me. lol

I think I'll just leave my PS3 be, but that does really sound awesome. I still want to play a lot of games for it that are so expensive right now, it's aggravating.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 03 Feb 2022, 23:40

Emotive Syndrome wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 21:57
Our wifi never even connects, it never even has the chance to even lag. That's how crappy it is. lol And yet it plays YouTube videos smoothly... like, wth? It makes no sense to me. lol

I wonder if the companies-paying-ISPs-for-bandwidth scenario from the net neutrality fight ever got implemented. Or maybe it's just the google has enough money for data centers near you and nobody else does. In any case, youtube does seem to run better than any other streaming service no matter what and I can only assume it has something to do with, at least indirectly, it being behind google money. Or, rejecting cynicism, it could be that their CDN architecture is just that much better than everyone else's.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 04 Feb 2022, 00:24

Momogari wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 23:40
Emotive Syndrome wrote:
03 Feb 2022, 21:57

I wonder if the companies-paying-ISPs-for-bandwidth scenario from the net neutrality fight ever got implemented. Or maybe it's just the google has enough money for data centers near you and nobody else does. In any case, youtube does seem to run better than any other streaming service no matter what and I can only assume it has something to do with, at least indirectly, it being behind google money. Or, rejecting cynicism, it could be that their CDN architecture is just that much better than everyone else's.
I've got a decent vocabulary but most of what you said made me feel like Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy. lol I have no idea what the majority of what you said meant, but I didn't know that YouTube was the more reliable streaming service. That's definitely interesting to find out. It might be that I not only never finished school but never really understood the majority of what was being taught in school, I even had Special Education as one of my classes because of... how my brain is. Just saying though that might also explain why most of what you said I just don't understand. :sweatdrop: Sorry. :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: