Daily Quests and Other Shenanigans.

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: Pirate TimeLord, MakiChan, DaddyCool

Overlord Kujo
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Overlord Kujo » 13 May 2021, 18:20

Stumbled back to AL, and I can't remember if I ever started a journal or not. Might as well make a daily thing, and it'll let me catalogue some stuff.

Started a new job about 3 months back and I absolutely hate it already. The training is absolutely terrible Self training at home just doesn't work, and I still have 2 more months of it. They're basically telling me to train myself and the system I have to work on is total garbage. It's been patched and slapped together for 30 years, and it's aged like old meat. I'll probably be fired once I'm out of training since this whole thing is being handled so poorly.

Began doing YouTube content creation more seriously about... 6 months ago. If anyone wants to check it out, I recommend our Super Punch Out playthrough. Short, tight, and I'm pretty damn proud of the end result!
GWC ~ Super Punchout: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... gnQFFKFZMS

I'll be adding links to the newest Games with Chums episodes as I put them up daily. It's an ensemble cast, so I'll probably just link to stuff I'm personally involved with (Since it feels kinda weird referring people to any content I haven't influenced at all), but the channel has it all up. Got a meeting today to discuss possible new shows and such after work today. Fingers crossed, but we might have a new monthly show to start on.

GwC daily episode uploads 05/13/2021
GWC ~ Tomb Raider 2 Ep 16 "The Escape"
https://youtu.be/E5rPnLjhPHM
Last edited by Overlord Kujo on 14 May 2021, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.

Come hang out with your YouTube chums: AUTOMATON / Games with Chums
Sneak a peak at my Journal: Daily Quests & Other Shenanigans

Overlord Kujo
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Overlord Kujo » 14 May 2021, 19:01

Just set up my new VR headset last night, and I already understand why they have rubber covers for the foam. The amount of sweat this thing is absorbing is ridiculous. Sounds like I need to get another couple add-ons to connect it to Steam, and something to prevent the foam from turning into a biohazard. Overall though it's a pretty crazy workout. Got more cardio out of playing Gorn and Beat Saber than I have in years at the gym. Probably because I'm like the gym, I'm just legit having fun. Spending a couple hours with that thing on your face will definitely give you a raccoon mask, of sorts.

Work continues to be super stupid, but… weekend, yay. After approximately 3 months of training, I've concluded that I'm not going to learn anything from these lessons and I'm just going to have to power through the job until I learn what and what not to do. So that just gives me more time to play Beat Saber while I'm on the clock, lol.

GwC daily episode uploads 05/14/2021
GWC ~ Tomb Raider 2 Ep 17 "Hulk Out"
https://youtu.be/LP595JkurDE

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 14 May 2021, 19:09

hello @Overlord Kujo-chan :nekothink:
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Overlord Kujo
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Overlord Kujo » 14 May 2021, 19:13

@melanch0lic, Heyo! How's it going?

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 14 May 2021, 19:14

Overlord Kujo wrote:
14 May 2021, 19:13
melanch0lic, Heyo! How's it going?

it's going well, thank you! how about you? what are you up to? impressive journal so far, looking forward to reading some more! :3
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Overlord Kujo
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Overlord Kujo » 14 May 2021, 19:18

I'm just browsing my phone and killing time during my work shift. I've been in training for almost 3 months and it's not really sticking in my brain.

Been thinking about updating my profile, since there are new things added since I've been here.

Overlord Kujo
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Overlord Kujo » 15 May 2021, 19:11

Well… Saturdays are usually our recording days for YouTube. We do the heaviest lifting on Saturday, and extra stuff through the week as needed. Unfortunately, we need to skip today, so it kinda fucks up all my plans for the weekend. If possible, I'll try and do all the Sunday stuff today, and then fit recording in tomorrow, but it's very awkward.

Long story short, my co-host got a concussion yesterday. Not his fault, obviously. No one wants brain damage. But, I then find out he spent the whole night playing video games and playing VR games, which is like… the worst way to recover from a concussion. It's almost like just getting another concussion.

GwC daily episode uploads 05/15/2021
GWC ~ Tomb Raider 2 Ep 18 "High Quality Customers"
https://youtu.be/fl7IFIO5UVI

Lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Lolin » 16 May 2021, 02:30

Are you a *badass freakin' overlord*?
ImageImageImage

Overlord Kujo
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Overlord Kujo » 16 May 2021, 03:11

That's correct, I'm the most badass Overlord in all the cosmos. The Overlord of all Overlords!

Of all the Disgaea-verse, Zeta is easily my favorite Overlord. I wish we could get a Makai Kingdom 2

Lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Lolin » 16 May 2021, 03:39

Honestly I had a ton of fun with Makai but it doesn't quite scratch the Disgaea itch. My favorite is probably Desco, she just wants to be a final boss!
ImageImageImage

Overlord Kujo
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Overlord Kujo » 16 May 2021, 03:45

I liked the ability to make my own main character in Makai, but it definitely has its own style. I started with Phantom Brave, so I got very used to the radial movement, and it's my preference over the grid. I think my favorite character from Disgaea is either the prinny hero from "Can I really be the hero, Dood?!" Or Valvatorez.
Last edited by Overlord Kujo on 16 May 2021, 04:30, edited 1 time in total.

Lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Lolin » 16 May 2021, 04:19

I still have yet to play either Prinny game, maybe when they're on sale again.

Valvatorez is _wonderful_ though, seriously he's amazing.

Sardines!
ImageImageImage

Overlord Kujo
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Overlord Kujo » 16 May 2021, 04:34

The prinny games are super difficult. The post game boss fights are intense. I'd like to maybe do the Prinny game on Games with Chums, someday.

Overlord Kujo
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Overlord Kujo » 16 May 2021, 18:44

Found out my mic is completely dead on me, so I'm going to need to fix that before I can do any more recordings. I don't know why it does this. Seems like all of my audio levels just tank and then get reset every week or so. I don't know if it's due to a blackout, or some Windows system update, but it's like I just pulled my microphone out of the box brand new as far as the settings go.

Sunday is catch-ups today, as far as all the stuff I wasn't able to get done during the week. Starts off right with a pretty heavy workout, because I'm sure I missed one or two days somewhere in the week for exercise. Woke up pretty late though, but at least I didn't miss the upload schedule. Got a couple more music packs for beat saber, and those are pretty bangin'. Never played Rocket League, but the music in it apparently slapps.

GwC daily episode uploads 05/16/2021
GWC ~ Tomb Raider 2 Ep 19 "Romantic"
https://youtu.be/Jcf24TrVMRo

Overlord Kujo
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Overlord Kujo » 17 May 2021, 18:32

Didn't really get to do much over the weekend, and shucks if it ain't Monday already. Halfway through my day at work, and it's probably going to be a pretty easy week. This work training is still pretty mind-numbing, though. Kind of goes back and forth between spending hours explaining the obvious, and then spending mere minutes explaining the most complicated side of things. Not super sure who put this together, or how it's still exists in this state, but something really needs to get updated at this company I'm working for.

As for Games with Chums, the scheduling for the next few months is already hammered out, so that's a little bit off my plate. Got that all scheduled over the weekend, so uploads will be even smoother than usual. Didn't really get any work done fixing that audio setup this weekend though. Hopefully it won't be too much work, because we have a big group project coming up. It'll be all for naught if I can't get my mic working. Ran into a similar problem back on Turok.

Girlfriend's cat ran away last night, but I woke up and the little dork wandered home. I tried to assure her he would come back, but she's been anxious all night. Happy the cat is home, and glad she's feeling better. Still, I wish he'd quit wandering off. It stresses her out so much when he does it. Her house is very busy, so people sometimes leave doors open. Here's the little dork:

The work system we use continues to be useless. It is so ineptly designed, I'm legit worried I'm going to get fired once I'm out of training. Our software is almost entirely made of patch jobs and workarounds. Everyone I try and explain it to, doesn't get how broken it is, and I always get a "hang in there" or "stick with it, you'll be okay". Like... Not if I get fired!! :=/:

Anyway, here's new Chums content for ya!

GwC daily episode uploads 05/17/2021
GWC ~ Tomb Raider 2 Ep 20 "Crane Game"
https://youtu.be/34-xjRvTKP4

GWC ~ Rockman & Forte Ep 1 "Willys Secret Stash"
https://youtu.be/2mVg7OFiaDY