Dragoth’s Diary

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Dragoth
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Dragoth’s Diary

Post by Dragoth » 15 Apr 2021, 22:55

Hi everyone.

As some of you know. I’m new here. Thanks to those that have said hello and helped me out.

Not sure how this thread will evolve but I’m happy to keep writing, answer questions about me and my life and just chat.

I’m 34, Male and live in the UK. I’m hard of hearing and wear hearing aids in both ears. I can’t drive but want to learn.

I miss the cinema, can’t wait until they open and I can see new films again after lockdown.

Feel free to chat here, thanks
Have a great day! - JJ

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Dragoth’s Diary

Post by Emotive » 18 Apr 2021, 21:10

Hey, JJ. ^_^

Were you born with your hearing like that or did it happen another way? What are your favorite films?

Dragoth
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Dragoth’s Diary

Post by Dragoth » 18 Apr 2021, 22:51

Naughty Kitty wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 06:49
Hiyas, welcome to the journals section, I love movies also *purr* what are some of your favorites? :)

Back to the Future Trilogy
Star Wars
LoTRs
Matrix
Scott Pilgrim
Closer
MCU
Gravity
A Quiet Place
DCEU

Many, many more :)
Have a great day! - JJ

Dragoth
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Dragoth’s Diary

Post by Dragoth » 18 Apr 2021, 22:59

Emotive Spirit wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 21:10
Hey, JJ. ^_^

Were you born with your hearing like that or did it happen another way? What are your favorite films?

Hey, hope you’re well.

No I wasn’t born with my hearing defect. When I was 25 I was working for a First Aid company. My boss would ask me a question and would get a very odd answer from me. Example:

Boss: Have you sent out all the invoices today?
Me: Yes, I’m having steak for dinner.

It got to the point where they asked me to get my hearing I got tested. I did the first test at a popular opticians and was told my hearing is severely damaged. I was then referred to the NHS.

From there, I had more tests. MRI (to rule out tumor), hearing, lip reading etc. All tests were inconclusive, they couldn’t tell me why I had lost over 30% of my hearing. It’s high pitched noises and sounds, so things like birdsong or softly spoken people.

I was eventually give my hearing aids. They’re a part of me now and I’ll have them for life.

As for films, please see previous reply :)
Have a great day! - JJ

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Dragoth’s Diary

Post by Emotive » 18 Apr 2021, 23:20

Sorry to hear it. /: It's one of those things I wouldn't really wish on someone. Has it ever been an obstacle when it comes to listening to music? I'm assuming you've been able to though before the hearing aids?

Do you like only the first Matrix or the whole trilogy? I've heard they're making a 4th film of the franchise too.

Dragoth
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Dragoth’s Diary

Post by Dragoth » 23 Apr 2021, 21:41

Emotive Spirit wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 23:20
Sorry to hear it. /: It's one of those things I wouldn't really wish on someone. Has it ever been an obstacle when it comes to listening to music? I'm assuming you've been able to though before the hearing aids?

Do you like only the first Matrix or the whole trilogy? I've heard they're making a 4th film of the franchise too.

Thanks, no need to apologise :) I think it’s makes me more unique :nod:

For music, I can wear headphones and headsets with no problem. I was able to hear fine before the hearing aids. The hearing aids have a volume control which is handy if I don’t like someone :lol:

As for The Matrix, the whole trilogy is great. I’ve heard about Matrix 4 and will definitely go and see it when it comes out
Have a great day! - JJ

Dragoth
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Dragoth’s Diary

Post by Dragoth » 23 Apr 2021, 21:43

Naughty Kitty wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 04:37
And whats some songs you like?

I’m a massive Foo Fighters fan. I love Rock and Metal music.

I’ll give anything a listen.

I like anything from Gangnam Style to Bee Gees. It’s a wide range :lol:
Have a great day! - JJ

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Dragoth’s Diary

Post by Emotive » 24 Apr 2021, 03:44

That'd be handy to have a volume on those. :lol: I know sometimes I wish I could tune out some conversations in our house. xD

Do you know if they ever divulged details of the plot for Matrix 4 yet?

Have you ever listened to rock and/or metal covers of soundtracks?

Does The Hobbit trilogy get included in the favorite movies btw? I was so excited when I saw the trailer for the first one. I loved the cast for TLotR and The Hobbit movies. I'm still wishing they could do another trilogy somehow. lol I've got "A Tolkien Bestiary" which has the lore in those movies but never knew about what Tolkien was until the trailers for that movie about the writer of those myths. I think the movie was called Tolkien actually.

Dragoth
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Dragoth’s Diary

Post by Dragoth » 24 Apr 2021, 09:01

Loss of hearing isn’t that bad. If I was to lose my eyesight in any way I would be extremely upset and find it harder to accept.

All I know about Matrix 4 is that most of the original cast have signed on for it. It may be that they’re essentially cameos passing the torch on to the newer generation?

I have seen The Hobbit trilogy and they are very good films. Would love to do a long weekend of The Hobbit and LoTRs extended editions and get the full experience.

I’ve read most of Tolkien’s books. Heard about the film and will watch it.
Have a great day! - JJ

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Dragoth’s Diary

Post by Emotive » 24 Apr 2021, 17:01

Can't argue with that. Not being able to see would be one of the worst things that could happen to someone. /:

It kind of looks like there's been a few instances of that happening. I can't think of he names but it sounds like a situation that's happened before. It sucks that the favorite actors and actresses we have as kids get older and don't really act as much, or at all. Definitely a sign of getting older. :sweatdrop:

That would be an awesome weekend! I didn't know there were extended editions though.

Do you know how many books he wrote? What I have really is like a bestiary more than actual book. It's still a cool book and reference but it would be nice to have a book with a central plot to read of his too.

Dragoth
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Dragoth’s Diary

Post by Dragoth » 26 Apr 2021, 21:09

I’ll try and find you a list, but he wrote loads of short stories and poetry too. He really built the world of Middle Earth.

Bestiary is cool, does it give details about each creature and where there are?
Have a great day! - JJ

Dragoth
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Dragoth’s Diary

Post by Dragoth » 26 Apr 2021, 21:12

Today in general I felt a bit anxious.

I’ve recently gone to my HR department about my Manager who quite frankly, is bullying me. I’m one of those people who does stand up for myself but because she’s my boss I find it difficult. Last week I reported it to HR who are investigating.

I’m feeling anxious for 2 reasons.

1. She was off on Friday and today, returns tomorrow.
2. She’ll eventually find out I went to HR and it may make the situation worse.

I can’t stand bullying and I know I did the right thing, I’ve just had enough of being treated like I’m something she stepped in.
Have a great day! - JJ

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Dragoth’s Diary

Post by Emotive » 27 Apr 2021, 09:42

Yeah, it tells a lot of details about them. Like that Balrog that Gandalf stopped is described in good detail like it's another myth right up there with the myths of the ancient world which I also like to read about. It's pretty awesome that he had the vision to write those things. I can't remember if it says where they like to be, like where they dwell, but it's definitely an interesting read. I even found Smaug in it too before the last Hobbit movie came out which was a good feeling to have known what was in the book about him since the movie doesn't really tell a lot about him. Works of literature that ignite the imagination like that I've always just loved to try to read. But it really does read like a legit bestiary as opposed to actual story or plot, but it definitely doesn't take anything away from it. I'll look up his other works though because it sounds like you've got your hands full right now. ^_^

Bullying is really something that shouldn't be tolerated, but it seems like a lot of jobs have it in some way, shape or form. Hopefully that changes in the future, because a bad work environment like that would make people quit (or at least I'd think they would want to most of the time). What would HR do if they investigated her and found out about it?

Sorry for the delayed reply btw, I get sidetracked a lot and way too easily. :sweatdrop:

Dragoth
Standard Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Dragoth’s Diary

Post by Dragoth » 27 Apr 2021, 20:38

@Emotive Anguish

That sounds really cool. Would love to read that and learn more about how he created everything.

I’ll can PM you a list of his work if you like? No trouble, let me know and I’m happy to help out :)

There’s been some development at work. My boss came back after her short break. The anxiousness of her return was correct. She had an argument with a fellow colleague. My colleague ended up in tears and also went to HR. Every task is now urgent and must be done so we look good.

HR contacted me saying they have spoken to my bosses boss and have escalated my issues as well as my colleagues. I think next steps are talking with HR and my bosses boss and share further details and examples of the bullying.

Stressful situation, but I’m hoping it gets resolved real soon. Not sure what HR do when they have investigated but today didn’t help my boss’s case.

No worries on delayed response, I’ll pick up your messages and look forward to good chats with you and everyone,
Have a great day! - JJ

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Dragoth’s Diary

Post by PharaohAtem » 27 Apr 2021, 20:47

Hi there just visiting

ImageImageImageImageImageImage