-title writing intensifies-

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 23 Apr 2021, 21:56

So life has thrown me a curve ball by killing my laptop, I mean buying a new one was not something I anticipated so my bank balance is going to take a beating tomorrow ffs~ D: How do other people control their stressors without smoking weed (or taking prescription tablets, neither of which that I would recommend however!)? Genuine question really, as I’m current on the first day of my much-needed tolerance break but I can’t figure out how not to go bananas... Apart from that work was especially busy, but that’s a good sign as I could have lost my job, meaning that there are things in life which makes us incredibly lucky regardless of what we have going on in private, BUT STILL, FIGHT ME >:! :nekothink:
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 23 Apr 2021, 22:37

I control my stressors by being paranoid enough to anticipate emergencies.

Not that being able to do something about anticipated emergencies is possible for everyone, and is certainly of no help presently.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 23 Apr 2021, 22:52

Momogari wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 22:37
I control my stressors by being paranoid enough to anticipate emergencies.

Not that being able to do something about anticipated emergencies is possible for everyone, and is certainly of no help presently.

Well you are the paranoid type, but that’s one of the reasons as to why I fell in love with you~ :3

:nekothink:

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 23 Apr 2021, 22:53

Seems Melan is in love with many
本好きの下剋上

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 23 Apr 2021, 22:57

uwakimono ga

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 23 Apr 2021, 23:42

EDIT: accidental double post, sorry :c
Last edited by melanch0lic on 23 Apr 2021, 23:45, edited 1 time in total.

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 23 Apr 2021, 23:42

Momogari wrote:
23 Apr 2021, 22:57
uwakimono ga

I agree with you on that, I think! I can’t talk in moonspeak so your reply has confused the hell outta me D:

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 24 Apr 2021, 06:39

BUMP! Early morning shenanigans to keep myself somehow awake after a solid 1.5 hours of broken sleep whilst trying to fix my laptop, ughhh WHYYY I NEEDED MY SLEEP FFS D:!! Spending the entire day in this level of exhaustion really does take a specific level of dedication when your mind is slow as f**kkkk but apparently some individuals will tell me that they have it worse... damn, then there’s the shit people send to discourage me from trying to rest, certain individuals really don’t like me, so some have been making me feel worse, rather than better (when all I’ve done is try to help others on here and this is the thanks, I guess... please put me outta my sleep or help with my cleaning chores OR SOMETHING, my brain needs it, on top of the obligatory bowl of Lucky Charms that is (they aren’t great regardless of their cost - expensive doesn’t mean good automatically, ugh idk... sorry to whoever is reading this, I’m only usually like this 96.7% of my time awake which is a fairly hefty bit of time to get ready so fingers crossed that I can get some sleep now as I don’t want to die... ;__;

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 24 Apr 2021, 11:26

And the people who don't like you aren't people you can just get rid of?

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 24 Apr 2021, 13:00

Momogari wrote:
24 Apr 2021, 11:26
And the people who don't like you aren't people you can just get rid of?

I could just ignore those on here who hate me (you know who you are!) but I like to keep tabs on said individuals just to ensure that I don’t become a topic of conversation (this has happened before on here so that’s not me being a paranoid mess >_>;)

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 24 Apr 2021, 22:36

I don't see how anyone has any room to dislike other people on AL. Like what's the point. There's plenty of people I have no chemistry with and I just ignore them. I don't get it. I feel like if you have any negative feelings for someone else on AL other than a mild distaste you're already going out of your way.

Granted maybe as far as ALers go Naoki and I are the grumpy uncles in the corner that nobody cares to bother, so maybe that's just a perspective from the outside of...whatever AL is aside from what I post in.

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 24 Apr 2021, 23:15

Momogari wrote:
24 Apr 2021, 22:36
I don't see how anyone has any room to dislike other people on AL. Like what's the point. There's plenty of people I have no chemistry with and I just ignore them. I don't get it. I feel like if you have any negative feelings for someone else on AL other than a mild distaste you're already going out of your way.

Granted maybe as far as ALers go Naoki and I are the grumpy uncles in the corner that nobody cares to bother, so maybe that's just a perspective from the outside of...whatever AL is aside from what I post in.

I have to admit, you are pretty grumpy but I bet your grumpy face is super-adorable :3 like right now, I can picture you reading my replies whilst scowling/shaking your head in disappointment - d’awwwh~ <3!

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 24 Apr 2021, 23:53

momo's a grizzled animeleague war veteran like me

we've both seen our share of shit and have scars

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 25 Apr 2021, 20:43

No hugs for me, I guess ;o;!

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 26 Apr 2021, 15:19

purple dragon wrote:
25 Apr 2021, 23:15
i said for all of u lol

You did but I like being dramatic so yeah, moar hugs for me plz :3

So today has been rather productive; I will be doing some volunteer work at my local drug/alcohol rehabilitation centre starting within the next 2 weeks, I had my first appointment with my Community Psychiatric Nurse who was really nice/understanding AND I managed to spend some time gardening with my mum which I thoroughly enjoy - we’re posting raspberries, strawberries and blackberries, all of which will be delicious as we grew some a couple of years ago (which turned out great!), giving me something to look forward to! :3 We also went to the local American store where I bought many cans of A&W root beer & cream soda, both of which were perfect for washing down the 2 KitKats that I bought (mint & mocha-flavoured KitKats, in case you were wondering) :nekothink: :nekothink: :nekothink: (literally me right now)!

Let the good times roll, I’d say <3