-title writing intensifies-

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Akane Mayu
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Akane Mayu » 30 May 2021, 00:00

so u liked the pics huh

and yes i have both watched soul eater and read the manga

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 30 May 2021, 00:20

Akane Mayu wrote:
30 May 2021, 00:00
so u liked the pics huh

and yes i have both watched soul eater and read the manga

i sure did, thank you :3! have you seen the witch Blair who appears at the beginning of the series? she's a woman we both could develop a liking for, she's queen-waifu material for sure!

also watch that Azumanga Daioh video, sosososooo cute <33
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Akane Mayu
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Akane Mayu » 30 May 2021, 10:43

I’m familiar with the character and yea the vid is cute

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 31 May 2021, 02:46

*post writing intensifies*

Overlord Kujo
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Overlord Kujo » 03 Jun 2021, 21:55

Help me conquer new game realms at the
Overlord Arcade YouTube channel!

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 07 Jun 2021, 22:57

Overlord Kujo wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 21:55

Ahhhh I need those in my life, any cereal with marshmallows in it gets a thumbs-up from me, send me some to the UK plz?! I haven't had the time to visit the American store recently so idk what cereal they have in stock and I ate my last bowl of Lucky Charms days ago (so I'm withdrawing heavily from the amount of sugar I was eating :c)!

purple dragon wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 05:34
:dance:

I love you @purple dragon :3! -headpatting intensifies-

Also my apologies for not updating this sooner; I have a new job now which is a trainee Recovery Coach (I think I've mentioned this prior to this post, but I can't be sure as I'm far too lazy to check!), something which has been taking up most of my time and energy so I've been working, coming home to watch Soul Eater (and now Kill la Kill), eating cereal then sleeping inconsistently as usual, but I'm going to commit myself to continue posting consistently :3 I love my new job however, the feeling of contributing something beneficial to peoples' lives which isn't a sandwich makes my day even if it's mentally and physically draining - it also relieves my overwhelming feels of being bored like nothing else, like seriously I've been that bored recently all I can think about is either work or getting super-lewd with just about anyone (the joys of being bi, I guess X3) so there's that!

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 07 Jun 2021, 23:02

tell a work story
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Akane Mayu
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Akane Mayu » 07 Jun 2021, 23:53

sup

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 08 Jun 2021, 14:02

Momogari wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 23:02
tell a work story

okay, I can't give specifics due to confidentiality reasons, but there's 1 client who i relate to who comes into the centre quite regularly - he is addicted to heroin and crystal meth (which is a rarity in the UK) who uses the centre and its resources to maintain a prescription for a drug known as Subutex which is used by opiate addicts to help them with their withdrawal symptoms, but he sometimes refuses to engage with the services as due to his mental health, sometimes he refuses to acknowledge that he is actually addicted to heroin (as it's not something people want to admit to...), so i've been slowly working with this guy on a 1-to-1 level to help him work with the issues he had in his childhood to overcome the reasons as to why he uses the drugs that he does... the guy has been to university and has had a 'normal' life in the past, but aspects of his childhood (like having a father who was heavily addicted to drugs himself) are currently holding him back, another thing which I can relate to, so I've been providing him time to talk things through with me as sometimes that is what drug users need in order to recognise where they are going wrong, but I won't give up on anyone in that situation as even though drug use can change a person there is usually (9 times out of 10) a specific reason as to why someone chooses to rely on heroin/meth to live their lives and having been there myself, I understand how goddamn difficult it is to change those habits so I want to work to provide these individuals with the help they deserve... but that one guy I mentioned makes me sad as he's so intelligent, but he gets so upset as he has 2 siblings, both of whom have 'normal' lives, such as having their own accommodation and long-term relationships, whereas his life is much more erratic, but I keep reminding him that he has had a normal life in the past so he can do it again, so once we finish treating him I will be somewhat proud of myself as it's exactly the reason as to why I wanted the job in the first place! :3

Akane Mayu wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 23:53
sup

Currently in my lunch break at work, eating a sandwich (with bacon, lettuce and tomato - UGH SO GOOD) in the sun wishing I could watch some hentai X3 How about you, @Akane Mayu-chan? :nekothink:

Also @purple dragon-chan, where are you?! D:

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 08 Jun 2021, 18:50

Ahhh so much nostalgia listening to this tune, the YuGiOh! soundtrack SMACKS, idgaf! X3

Akane Mayu
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Akane Mayu » 08 Jun 2021, 22:46

im getting by

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 08 Jun 2021, 23:05

Nice.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

melanch0lic
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by melanch0lic » 09 Jun 2021, 14:59

Akane Mayu wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 22:46
im getting by

awwh, it's great to know that you're doing somewhat ok, unless there's something you'd like to talk about? if there's anything private that you'd like to discuss then feel free to PM me on here or Discord! :3

Momogari wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 23:05
Nice.

thank you! i do like to think that my work now makes a difference within society, i mean the area which i live in definitely needs the help and support in order to change - it's quite challenging, as people with addictions (for example) aren't the easiest people to help but they're not forced to come to the centre for help to change so the people i work 1-to-1 with actually want to give up their lifestyle which revolves around using drugs then spending their remaining time looking for money to spend on drugs and yeah, these people might have done bad things for their addiction but they still deserve the help we provide as it's not like people use drugs with the intention of becoming an addict, so it's all about learning to look at someone beyond that, like there's always a reason as to why these people do what the do! heroin (once again, for example) takes over people that fast that the user has no control over their decisions whatsoever as it quickly becomes their highest priority in life, taking over anything important such as looking after themselves or their children... really, I just want to help people to make a change in society as cringe-y as that sounds, without going into too much detail the centre where I now work at changed my life so i owe them a hell of a lot which is why i'm actually happy for once, even though i already miss my free meatball subs ;o; i actually have to pay for sandwiches now, fml~! D:

Akane Mayu
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Akane Mayu » 09 Jun 2021, 19:31

im doing okay atm just think about a dream i had last night lol

and how r u doing

Overlord Kujo
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Overlord Kujo » 09 Jun 2021, 21:12

melanch0lic, you got me wanting cereal dang it. I bought one of those huge bargain bags full of Fruity Pebbles last night, and I've almost eaten the whole thing already. Oh my god, this is why I don't buy cereal. I'm not even eating it with milk, I'm eating it dry like an animal :=/:

Help me conquer new game realms at the
Overlord Arcade YouTube channel!