~.:A Forsaken Souls' Playground:.~

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: Pirate TimeLord, DaddyCool, MakiChan

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 10 Jun 2021, 18:54

RP clans.

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 10 Jun 2021, 19:03

Yeah the ADHD is not my friend today.... I was able to get some shopping done, am cleaning the dish washer (but those mostly clean themselves) and like.. I have so much to do and my brain wont let me.

Emotive
Turquoise Member
Turquoise Member
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 10 Jun 2021, 19:21

Is that normal? Maybe it's overloaded today? Like, so much to do that it doesn't know what to do? idk if that makes sense though, I wish I could convey what I'm thinking better. :sweatdrop:

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 10 Jun 2021, 19:28

yeah so what happens is that I have like a whole list of things to do but when you have ADHD you end up with a weird chemical imbalance. Like when normal people complete a task they get a release of dopamine, when you have ADHD you get hyper focuses which end up being little hobbies where you learn how to do a thing, really quickly and really well but it stops you from doing the things that you ACTUALLY need to do. Executive Dysfunction is what its called.

So like... Everything you dont has a million steps to it. People who dont have ADHD dont think about how many steps there actually are. Like going and getting a glass of water. so you just go and get it. For me, thats a BUNCH of things to do. I have to get up, go into the kitchen, turn the light on, go to the cupboard, get a cup, close the cupboard, open the fridge, get the britta, close the fridge, full the cup, fill the britta, open the fridge again, put the britta back, close the fridge again, get the cup of water, turn the kitchen light off, and by this point i usually forget that I was even thirsty to begin with. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: Its the same idea with normal every tasks like cleaning and putting the laundry away.

AND IM CURRENTLY UNTREATED FOR MY ADHD!! WOOT! I dont have insurance until like the first of july, and with out that its like $400 not counting the prescriptions.

Emotive
Turquoise Member
Turquoise Member
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 10 Jun 2021, 22:22

Oh damn!! I feel your pain of not being insured making prescriptions too expensive. It's a crappy limbo to be in. *BEARHUGZ* With any luck though hopefully you'll have insurance again soon.

I didn't realize ADHD was so layered. I feel pretty bad about thinking it was straightforward now. :sweatdrop: Sorry about that. >_<

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 10 Jun 2021, 23:01

lol its alright. Its not something people think about a lot.

Emotive
Turquoise Member
Turquoise Member
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 11 Jun 2021, 02:37

Okiez. ^_^ *BEARHUGZ just 'cuz*

How have you been keeping cool? Fans or air conditioner(s)?

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 11 Jun 2021, 02:39

We have central air, and my apartment is a sub-level. So it stays cool for the most part. What about you?

Emotive
Turquoise Member
Turquoise Member
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 11 Jun 2021, 02:59

Aww, talk about envy. lol I wish we could switch until Winter. xD We're using fans for now but the A/C will probably be set up this weekend. It sucks when the auditory hallucinations talk through loud noises though, so I might be spending less time using Remote Play to actually go downstairs and play games. The A/C that we do put in the window is so loud my normal voice can't be heard by mom or dad, having a baritone voice just doesn't work sometimes. lol Sorry, I didn't mean to give such a lengthy answer. :sweatdrop:

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 11 Jun 2021, 03:00

lol its fine. Yeah some of those stand alone ones are really really loud.

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 14 Jun 2021, 16:53

effing ADHD pause mode. YAY

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 14 Jun 2021, 18:35

AND IT BEGINS!!!

So as mentioned many times before- I have ADHD. So this effects me in many ways. I currently do not have health insurance, therefore I am out of my medication. This means that I need to figure out how to do normal every day things without the help of my medication. This makes everything really hard and stupid. Im frustrated. I put my laundry card somewhere... and I cant find it. So now I have to clean the whole house in order to find the laundry card in order to do the laundry. I also have no idea where my mail key is... which means I also have to clean the house to get the mail key... FFS

Akane Mayu
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by Akane Mayu » 15 Jun 2021, 06:23

hi hi