Rumble Tumble, Gotta be Humble [Noodle]

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

lambda-sky
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lambda-sky » 30 Nov 2020, 19:08

Last edited by lambda-sky on 27 Feb 2021, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.

Noodle
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Noodle » 30 Nov 2020, 20:27

It’s been a high of 50 Fahrenheit.

Listening to CNN and hanging up laundry.. now picking up my son from school. Man a busy day today. Hopefully I can organize a little bit more and get some more Christmas lights hung up in the house and outside.
A Guide to Noodle:
♥ Koreaboo ♥
♥ Loves: Cute things. HyunA. Candy. HyunA. Yep pretty much love HyunA. ♥

♥ Get me on Skype @ SunnyD.89 ♥
♥ Join us in Crazy League! We don't bite! ♥
♥ Birb birb birb ;3 ♥

lambda-sky
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lambda-sky » 01 Dec 2020, 16:25

Is it ok to put up xmas stuff so early? 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after, that's the rule you know :nod:

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 01 Dec 2020, 16:53

Pfft. Xmas/festive decorations can be up from 1st December. Then they come down by Jan 6th.

And eep - chilly.

Been fun in the mornings here having to spend 15 mins warming/ de-icing the car before going to work.
AL Journals - Create your own personal space on AL Here!
Arts, Cosplay & Writing - You should check this out!
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 01 Dec 2020, 17:13

Christmas decorations can go up never and be taken down in March.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 05 Dec 2020, 13:35

hey noodle doodle
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Noodle
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Noodle » 07 Dec 2020, 18:51

Hi @GingerbreadMellody !
A Guide to Noodle:
♥ Koreaboo ♥

♥ Birb birb birb ;3 ♥

Noodle
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Noodle » 07 Dec 2020, 19:22

oooooh boy.

I hate people.

Mainly cause ; People are entitled, and just rude. It's the rude ones who don't take the blame for things they have done.

I have been thinking over and over how it went about yesterday, mainly cause I called a table that I was serving, out, like I stood up for myself, spoke up for myself, and for those that don't know, I wait on tables. Surely we know, anywhere in the service industry (servers, bussers, anyone taking care of people) that you just can't stand up for yourself, without repercussions.

I apparently have good standing with my work, cause they didn't fire me, nor did they write me up. Although they probably didn't stand up for me either, more than likely apologized for my actions and let them go on their merry way!

Okay okay, here's my story:

This table got sat, they were okay at first, I got their drinks, but within me dropping them off, leaving them 2 minutes later to take care of another table really quickly, they downed their teas, and asked for things that I could clearly tell were out of, but then demanded them. (Not asking politely, very snappy like)
I'm not appreciative of that attitude at all, but I brushed it off, and gave them their things. I put in their food, and barely walked away from them and they waved me over and demanded another thing. At this point I have another two tables ontop of this table. The other tables were just normal, not demanding, and even if they did ask for things, it was very polite. When this table did recieve their things, they didn't acknowledge me, didn't say thank you, nothing. Again, have to brush them off, and try to get them out of there as quickly as possible.

Came to payment time, they wanted some drinks to go, but as soon as i stepped away, acknowledge they wanted those two drinks to go, more at the table were very snappy and wanted some as well. At this point, everyone was speaking at the same time, so I kindly asked, "So, how many to go drinks did we need". One of them answered "everyone that had a drink, wants a to go drink!"

She probably said it snappy, and annoyed, and again brushed it off. I gathered up their 5 to go drinks, since everyone at the table had a drink. As soon as I had set them down, and said " Since everyone had a drink, here's two unsweet teas, a sweet tea, a dr pepper, and a water " gave them their card, and didn't say anything else, since they were very rash and abrasive with their actions and tone.

Walked away, and the same woman who was snappy about the drinks, says very passive aggressive "HAVE A GREAT DAY!!", and the tone just filled that side of the restaurant. Everyone on that side looked at her. She spoke underneath her breath "Of course she didn't say anything, figures! "
I looked her dead straight in the eye, "Ma'am I don't need your passive aggresiveness, this whole time y'all have been rude, no thank yous, unless it was to try to attack me. I've been nothing but curteous until now! " So at this point they're pissed off cause I spoke up, and then they blame me for being the one in the wrong.

They were talking underneath their breath the entire visit (about 45 minutes).
I was told to leave by the most abrasive person at the table, and that they need to speak to the manager. I told them I'll gladly give them to you. I ran up to management, shaking, that I was going to leave, told them a shortened story, and told them that I was going to leave before they fired me. Both managers (one of them the General manager) told me to wait in a closed off space, to cool off, and that I wasn't going anywhere. One of them goes to that table, I'm not sure what they had all said, but then she had said to go back to my tables and to come back into the office. (if they were to fire me, they would have done so on the spot, so I figured I would be written up )

One of the tables who heard everything (that was mine), touched me on the arm, and apologized for how awful that other table was. They had also noticed that they were not very grateful for the things they had gotten, they also noticed a tone with them as well, and that I wasn't the only one who had thought that. They had worked in the service industry as well a good while, and always hated tables that had acted like that. They didn't chew me out and tell me shut my mouth and keep it closed or anything. they acknowledged that feeling and didn't put me down. They asked if they could hug me (yes during covid) , and hoped my day will get better. They ended up leaving, their bill was $60 or so, and they had left me a $40 tip.

Their tip made up for that ugly awful table... I cried, cause I was so thankful that someone acknowledged that I wasn't the only one who thought that other table was awful to me.

I was then told by management, that the awful table acknowledged how awful they were ( to a point ) because they were going back and forth arguing and couldn't keep their cool, they had yelled, while I had mentioned calmly that I didn't need their passive aggressiveness.

But was then told that that was my only chance (I had been working for this particular store for almost 10 years off and on) and i had never done that before. They know it's hard, but sometimes you just need to bite your tongue. I knew that I should have handled it better, but something snapped and decided to call someone out on their shit.

I still can't get the imagery out of my mind, it's been on my mind the whole night yesterday and day today. It will probably be like that for me for a good while. Like a PTSD in a sense. *shrug*

I do appreciate there are good people around though.

THis is why you need to be kind to people. No one knows what anyone is going through. It goes both ways. I brush off things, but it was through the entire table visit it was like that!

Sigh.

I wish all people were just kind. Even with personality differences.

IF YOU READ THIS. THANK YOU FOR HEARING ME OUT.
A Guide to Noodle:
♥ Koreaboo ♥

♥ Birb birb birb ;3 ♥

lambda-sky
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lambda-sky » 07 Dec 2020, 23:12

lol those people sound like idiots.
Do you think they'd act like that if they were alone though?
Maybe they were having some kind of slapfight with each other and you got caught in the middle.
It sucks that you just have to take it. I'd never last in a job like that.

Also, do you really say y'all? :kawaii:

Noodle
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Noodle » 07 Dec 2020, 23:31

lambda-sky wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 23:12
lol those people sound like idiots.
Do you think they'd act like that if they were alone though?
Maybe they were having some kind of slapfight with each other and you got caught in the middle.
It sucks that you just have to take it. I'd never last in a job like that.

Also, do you really say y'all? :kawaii:

Nope they we’re definitely very snappy the entire time and talking underneath their breath. I didn’t think anything of it, until I put it all together at the end and called them out on it.

And yeah. I say y’all. 🤣
A Guide to Noodle:
♥ Koreaboo ♥

♥ Birb birb birb ;3 ♥

Noodle
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Noodle » 08 Dec 2020, 13:41

I feel better now!
A Guide to Noodle:
♥ Koreaboo ♥

♥ Birb birb birb ;3 ♥

Meowiemeow
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Meowiemeow » 08 Dec 2020, 15:28

@lambda-sky i agree with the 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after! but i did put mine up earlier this year because impatience :haha:

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 08 Dec 2020, 15:59

hi

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 08 Dec 2020, 18:28

Noodle wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 18:51
Hi @GingerbreadMellody !
hi senpai how are you
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Noodle
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Noodle » 08 Dec 2020, 22:01

hi all

@GingerbreadMellody NOW I JUST NEED TO GET THE CORRECT POSTAGE TO SEND YOUR CARDS OVER

I'm doing good, how are you!
A Guide to Noodle:
♥ Koreaboo ♥

♥ Birb birb birb ;3 ♥