Of Timelords & Treason (Kimi/PT's ALJ)

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 24 Mar 2021, 23:03

Pirate TimeLord wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 23:02
Depends on work. Manager is quitting, and don't know if he'll stay for his full notice or not, so may be tight staffing wise.
(In theory his notice should run until the 10th). Will need to check what holidays the other staff (apart from the manager) have booked, and see what days off I can arrange/get.
That's fine, let us know
---

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 25 Mar 2021, 12:32

Late to the party, and Wellerman is stuck in my head.

And I'm working on an alternative, con based (or at least post-covid based) version (popped into my head). Only chorus so far xD

Soon may the conventions come,
To bring us cosplay, and merch , and fun;
One day, when covid is done,
We'll meet our friends in person. (Or Meet at a convention)
AL Journals - Create your own personal space on AL Here!
Arts, Cosplay & Writing - You should check this out!
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 25 Mar 2021, 13:05

Work wasn't bad last night thr 4hrs went real fast. Now today and tommaroo off.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 26 Mar 2021, 00:10

Were those lyrics, Kimi?
PharaohAtem wrote:
25 Mar 2021, 13:05
Work wasn't bad last night thr 4hrs went real fast. Now today and tommaroo off.
NICE!! :dance:

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 26 Mar 2021, 01:31

Last four lines, yes. To replace the chorus of the Wellerman shanty xD

You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 26 Mar 2021, 13:37

Yep gaming today and a little laundry

RedHat
Entombed Member
Entombed Member
Great Britain

Post by RedHat » 01 Apr 2021, 01:17

Pirate TimeLord wrote:
24 Mar 2021, 22:36
Tsk.

Had to die all over the journal. Do you have ANY idea how long that takes to clean?

And you know it never comes out completely :P

LOL I only just saw this :sweatdrop:

Better late than never. It's pretty good going really, considering the dying and everything :P

*lurks*

ImmortalJed wrote:
I'm ill enough as it is, don't need you bunch of braindead fools nomming on me and making it worse :P

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 01 Apr 2021, 22:28

*lurks again*

Hmmm.

I -should- be finalising last little bits of stream stuff. But I've just been exhausted after work every day the last week.

Which is annoying, since I'm spending most of work bored, waiting to go home (as so few customers across the day). Whilst at work, I think of what I want to do. At home, I sit at my computer, and just.. can't. Just tired, almost falling asleep at desk. So I try and nap, and screw up sleep pattern. (Which I suppose prolongs the problem).

But if I try and go to bed earlier, then I just toss and turn, and can't sleep. ( I know yesterday I goofed with the monster anyway.. but still xD)

Lets see how much I can get done with my 5 day easter weekend xD (since forgot store is closed on Easter Sunday, so extra day off (though also means lost day of pay). Plus ended up getting Mon & Tues next week as my days off xD

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 02 Apr 2021, 20:05

lol Score. That's a long weekend, but sounds like you've more than earned it. It sounds dronish over where you work though tbh. I don't think that's a word but the only other one that comes to mind is monotony which I'm not sure fits. :sweatdrop:

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 02 Apr 2021, 21:43

Meh. It's just because so few people want to have their coffee/ breakfast baps to take out after their shopping. Most of our trade is/was from people sitting in the cafe waiting on partners shopping, or after shopping. But very limited menu, plus no sitting allowed, means most people don't bother.

(I work in Tesco Cafe, in the kitchen)

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 05 Apr 2021, 21:12

I don't mind sitting and having a coffee.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 05 Apr 2021, 21:35

No sitting allowed? Is that just during the pandemic or was it always like that? (Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. :sweatdrop: )

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 05 Apr 2021, 23:18

Covid lockdown. It has a seating area, but lockdown rules mean hospitality isn't legally allowed to have anyone inside the premises. Takeaway food/drinks only. Yet people still try and walk past barriers/move signs on every table stating the tables are not in use, takeaway only, and try to sit. Then kick off when we have to kick them out to comply with the law. More annoying when half the time it's supermarket staff trying to do it, when they've had extra briefings around it. :/

Technically for most of the last year it's meant to be you're not allowed in the premises at all. But given we're a supermarket cafe, there's an exception as it's not practical, or possible, for us to have them order; pay at till; then us walk orders outside to them (which it should be). The exception allows people in to our bit (since we're in a supermarket) purely to order at the cafe till, then wait there for their takeaway order, then they have to leave right away. As it's a limited menu, pretty much all food is ready in 15 mins or less (typically around 5 mins).

Also - Just finished doing my first (test) livestream on twitch. (Piratetimelord, as if it wasn't obvious what my content creation name would be xD)

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 05 Apr 2021, 23:29

Huh. I don't really understand why people are being so difficult. It's like they don't understand the gravity of the pandemic or just don't care. That's really all I can summarize from how people have been and their whole mentality towards it.

lol It's awesome how on the nose that username is too. Nice choice. ^.^