Of Timelords & Treason (Kimi/PT's ALJ)

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 20 Mar 2021, 01:48

Eww monster of bitterness. I can't drink just plain black coffee.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 20 Mar 2021, 21:43

LOL

Either too much Kerbal space Program, Too tired, or a combo of both. Decided one of my monitors wasn't sitting at the right angle to look at. And tried to rotate it by right clicking and dragging my mouse... (the controls to rotate objects in Kerbal)
AL Journals - Create your own personal space on AL Here!
Arts, Cosplay & Writing - You should check this out!
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 20 Mar 2021, 22:06

lol That took me a minute to figure out what you meant. xD That's some kind of exhausted. :worry:

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 22 Mar 2021, 08:41

Continued from spam thread xD:

Dumping was unrelated to the holiday time. It had been booked a while back, and had been a trip for both of them to travel to Hungary. But breakup happened between booking and time off (had to be taken, as needed used up before end of this month). And because Hungary is in lockdown, he hasn't been able to travel anyway.

As to who's taking over - no idea. Likely they may ask me to do it (I'll likely be interim manager anyway, but that is on same pay rates/etc, as being Team leader it's part of job role to temp manager in such situations).

Now, whilst in lockdown - taking it wouldn't be too bad - getting salaried/paid for 39 hours, but only actually being able to do 33 hours (max can actually work based on opening hours/ getting days off/etc), means pay for not working. But once it ends, works other way - will be expected to work 40+ if needed, but only paid for 39 hours.

Now, given we need to hire new staff if/when we reopen seating area in May (unless things go as it looks here, and we get delayed again, because Leicester residents don't grasp what lockdown restrictions are/require to do followed to allow re-opening. ¬¬) The doing over salary will defo happen (would happen to soon to be ex manager too if he hadn't been leaving).

Plus if I do become manager, it reduces how many events I would be able to do for AL, as I'd have less flexibility for time off/holidays. And more stress, and pressure from above, that I sorta have now, but to a much lesser degree since the manager is actually culpable, not me, when things go wrong (usually because of his refusing to do his job properly).

But it's all speculation until Area Manager talks with us to work out what will happen. But apparently manager told colleagues he's asking to leave early (to point of coming back from holiday for 3 days, then leaving, instead of the full two weeks he has left after his holiday). Given staffing issues, that would cause major problems staffing the unit, but don't know if Area Manager will let that happen or not.

(Context - we used to have 10 staff, plus manager. Have run with 9 including manager most of last couple of years.
One colleague died of covid around new year.
One (temp colleague for xmas months only) finished the temp contract in Jan, and given covid, wasn't allowed to become permanent staff. (they took over from a leaver previously)
One colleague is in middle of transferring to work in the store permanently, instead of temp during cafe closure. (Store dragging feet, but they won't work in cafe anymore)
Two other colleagues are wanting to transfer permanently. One of these is the only one currently able to cover for the manager leaving (which they aren't happy about, as they are expected/required to do the cafe work to cover as the store haven't opend any vacancies yet for them to transfer into). Other is great worker, but limited availability prevents cafe shifts a lot of time now, and working checkouts in store gives them more hours/ flexibility for shifts, hence them wanting to move.
One colleague is off (vulnerable, plus ongoing health issues which means they are currently in serious condition in hospital (not covid, but related to his Crohn's, as far as we are aware, so they can't work, and if/when they do return will have very restricted duties, so means someone else needed in with them if anything but dead quiet, so they can cope.

Plus manager leaving.

So officially it's 9 - 6 - mgr, so two of us (the two team leaders) left 'officially'. 3 including the one who will end up back, but wants to move over to store.

We have to have one person in kitchen at all times (fryer/hot equipment safety), plus one for till/ coffees. For takeaway that's all. Once seats reopen, we'll need at least one more to run food to tables/clear tables/etc. If busy, two to do that (and help with pots in kitchen, since if busy kitchen aren't able to do pot wash as well as cook/serve). Given we open 7 days, and all are meant to have 2 days off a week, you can see how this will be a problem.

Hiring is restricted until we open (by which time we would need them already). But can't hire/train until we open. :/) So going to be fun regardless.
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

Nethack
Hacked Member
Hacked Member
United States of America

Post by Nethack » 23 Mar 2021, 02:06

:omg: :omg: :omg:

Thaaaaaats... a lot.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 23 Mar 2021, 03:43

Just a little. lol

So are you being sarcastic saying it'll be fun though or are you serious? After all of the unexpected things that have happened I feel like I need to ask. :sweatdrop:

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 23 Mar 2021, 09:45

Sarcastic xD

Whilst I like a bit of work, I don't want to be rushed off my feet constantly for 8-9 hours a day (with limited/no scope for breaks, even though it's a legal requirement). Whilst it's quiet, it can get boring waiting for time to pass, as there's only so many times you can wipe down the same surface over and over and over and over until the day ends xD (Hence why I have my laptop at work to watch youtube vids. twitch streams/ etc between cleaning tasks and making the limited amount of food orders xD

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 24 Mar 2021, 11:57

I have a 4hr shift later today. Dont wanna go

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 24 Mar 2021, 17:44

*pokes*
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

RedHat
Entombed Member
Entombed Member
Great Britain

Post by RedHat » 24 Mar 2021, 21:53

*dies all over the journal*

ImmortalJed wrote:
I'm ill enough as it is, don't need you bunch of braindead fools nomming on me and making it worse :P

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 24 Mar 2021, 22:36

Tsk.

Had to die all over the journal. Do you have ANY idea how long that takes to clean?

And you know it never comes out completely :P

Also, hi. And *ish poked*. And Hope work wasn't too bad Atem.

To days off work for me now. :)

I have the audio sorted, I think. I have the camera (logitech G922), and I have the lights.
Now I just need to put them together. And think of vague plans and what I'll play for streaming xD

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 24 Mar 2021, 22:37

What you thinking of playing? :)
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 24 Mar 2021, 22:50

Not decided TBH. At some point want to try and recreate Leicester roads in Cities:skylines. But that's likely better as youtube vids rather than live stream.

There's American Truck Simulator (though I may need ot practice a bit more before that, as I've not played properly in weeks, so I keep crashing/ getting multi-trailers caught on yard gates xD)
Snowrunner possibly. Maybe Two Points Hospital (to check out the newest 'expansion'). Or Fall guys, since they had a new update/season a day or two ago think it was?
Or there's GTA V online, though that likely won't go well (since it's typically now always full of griefers just trying to kill everyone/ruin missions others are trying to do).
Or Kerbal Space Program (though I can't even pass all the tutorial levels in that, and it's quite complicated to learn, so might not be a good starter one xD)
Oxygen Not included.

I think I even have Age of Empires 1, 2 and 3. At somepoint I need to get Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 and 3

If/when there's enough people down the line, I do have Among us, Worms WMD, Cluedo, No Time to relax, or Uno (though that can be a nightmare to get the ubisoft server to work to start xD)
  Spoiler:  
And I have risk.. I'm just always too tired to play when you folks do it xD
As Multiplayer options.

I've got a few things, as you see. xD It's working out what would be vaguely interesting to watch, but also fun to play, but also be able to interact with chats/etc. And I'll need to work out some vague 'scripts' of things to talk about in general. Which itself will be fun, since I struggle to start conversations anyway xD

I suppose I should also finish getting the overlays sorted xD.

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 24 Mar 2021, 22:57

We're doing a house meetup next month. You down, Kimi?
---

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 24 Mar 2021, 23:02

Depends on work. Manager is quitting, and don't know if he'll stay for his full notice or not, so may be tight staffing wise.
(In theory his notice should run until the 10th). Will need to check what holidays the other staff (apart from the manager) have booked, and see what days off I can arrange/get.