Of Timelords & Treason (Kimi/PT's ALJ)

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 06 Dec 2020, 20:13

You have really bad luck when it comes to your car and I bet it is really annoying having to go through all this >_>
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 06 Dec 2020, 23:53

Just a smidge annoying.

(Also I know the oddity of saying I'm trying to claim lock damage on car, but worried at risk of it getting written off instead. I'm seeing if they'll do it mainly as that means max £400 (possibly less) to pay, rather than the full bill of £1500+ on credit card, since I'm trying to avoid having lots of credit card debt again having not that long ago cleared it)

Was fully planning on driving to work tomorrow. Then remembered, not a good idea (or likely legal) to drive with no view out of left side, due to cardboard/bags covering the window xD I sort of half twigged that people do it all the time, then realised its normally the rear windows people do that with, not the front ones// xD

Getting a lift from the manager, which means I have to be in earlier/ stay later, but meh. Wont' know for a few days, most likely, what insurance will say. It's annoying not being able to phone and explain, since covid means they won't answer phones except for urgent/ mid-accident scenarios). Also means likely will be slower for them to get window fixed (which typically would be a few days only normally).
AL Journals - Create your own personal space on AL Here!
Arts, Cosplay & Writing - You should check this out!
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 07 Dec 2020, 07:14

If your car is exposed wide open like that, couldn't the virus end up in it easier just sitting there like that? Maybe if you expressed to them the importance of the situation in that way they would help. And I'm not just coming up with a way to hook them, it's seriously got me thinking. If I'd thought about it sooner I would've posted this sooner. /: My apologies for dropping the ball there, but that could potentially be a really bad situation.

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 07 Dec 2020, 19:56

The Virus can only live so long when exposed to the elements, so that's not really a worry.

Insurance called me back today - getting window done under the glass cover, so its £115 (the excess for that on my policy), and doesn't affect the no claims discount/bonus. Locks I'll need to do myself, as otherwise I lose that discount/bonus, and face significantly higher rates next year, so long term it's better to take the hit on a credit card (n 0% interest offer), and likely gets it fixed quicker.

Just got to wait until Saturday (first available appointment with the approved glass company) for the window to get fixed, then I can see about booking in for the locks.

Fun thing is getting to/from work this week. No buses that early in the morning, and taxi's are extortionately expensive, so not really an option. So for the two days my boss (who would be working the shift with me) isn't in (tomorrow and Thursday), I have to walk the 5 miles in, then I can get bus 2/3 the way back, then walk rest of way home from there.
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 07 Dec 2020, 20:17

That sounds like a long walk. /: Hopefully you can still be reasonably on time though. Best of luck either way. :worry:

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 07 Dec 2020, 21:05

I can be on time easy enough. Just have to leave at 6am. :/

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 08 Dec 2020, 15:43

Well as long as the weather holds, if the weather one day is rainy and windy yeah that would suck. Been there done that walking home or to work in the wind and rain when an umbrella doesn't work.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 08 Dec 2020, 19:45

Well, walked in. Not too bad - bit chilly.

Got half way there, and realised there were buses running.

I did a derp, and forgot that the reason three years ago (when I last had to use buses) none could get me to work in time, was that back then I was starting at 6:30am, or 7am.

Now I don't need to start until 8am (or 7:30am as an 'early'), there -are- buses running. So I could have got the bus in xD (Both buses passed when there were not stops nearby, so they wouldn't stop even if I had flagged them down to ask)

However, now I know for Thursday (when it's forecast to be pissing rain)

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 08 Dec 2020, 19:46

Its okay we ha e those types of days

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 08 Dec 2020, 20:10

At least it was good exercise xD

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 08 Dec 2020, 20:10

Pirate TinselLord wrote:
08 Dec 2020, 20:10
At least it was good exercise xD

Yeah that's a bonus

RedHat
Entombed Member
Entombed Member
Great Britain

Post by RedHat » 10 Dec 2020, 01:46

Oh hi. A wild Red is here to visit.

Sounds like fun with your car and work :(

ImmortalJed wrote:
I'm ill enough as it is, don't need you bunch of braindead fools nomming on me and making it worse :P

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 10 Dec 2020, 02:53

Sorry you had to have one of those moments. It seems like it's just something that happens to the best of us, those derp moments. ><

Did you make it to work on time?

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 10 Dec 2020, 08:41

I made it to work with 40 minutes to spare before my shift began xD

Ooh, A Wild Santahat. (Sorry Red, but I will be calling yo that until Christmas is past xD)

Not much more to update. Waiting until Saturday to get the window fixed, then arranging locks to be fixed. Pottering about at work and such.