Of Timelords & Treason (Kimi/PT's ALJ)

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 09 Nov 2020, 19:26

And I though I e seen all videos until this.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 09 Nov 2020, 19:27

You should watch all the asdf movies xD
AL Journals - Create your own personal space on AL Here!
Arts, Cosplay & Writing - You should check this out!
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 09 Nov 2020, 19:29

I'd being laughing and crying after that video but that can be a good thing. Laughing is good for the soul

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 10 Nov 2020, 09:14

Woo. Boredom re-commences, but I took my laptop to work today, so slightly more I can do whilst quiet xD
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 10 Nov 2020, 17:44

Had my tooth taken out, so no boredom here. I'd rather be working

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 10 Nov 2020, 18:08

Only downside of laptop at work - all my evening 'activities' (ie youtubers recent uploads I usually watch in the evenings/etc) was all done by lunchtime xD. So I'm running out of things to do at home, with all my evening videos already watched xD.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 10 Nov 2020, 18:09

Then stop watching and save for later

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 10 Nov 2020, 18:11

Then I have nothing to do at work xP

So many first world problems.... xD

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 10 Nov 2020, 18:12

Yeah not enough videos in the world.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 11 Nov 2020, 12:20

Find more YouTubers :P
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 11 Nov 2020, 19:22

From Spam -

The Black Forest Costa Incident.
Few years ago - Love black forest flavourings, Starbucks weren't offering it, costa were. Decided to try Costa. Asked them if I could get a black forest mocha. Got a rude dismissal and 'no'. I asked why, got rude response (something about the flavouring not being in the drink, but solely the drizzle on the cream on top of a hot choc (they didn't add cream to mochas). I said that sounded odd, as that wouldn't flavour the drink, but I was fully intending on paying to add cream if needed. Got told I wasn't allowed to do that. The staff member (who turned out to be their manager) was really rude and arrogant about it, so I said fine, I'll leave it. I pointed out I was wanting to try the drink, as I would have switched from Starbucks to them for the season if I had liked it. They were rude about it. I pointed out, their loss. They questioned it. I pointed out at the time (not any more) I was spending ludicrous amounts at Starbucks (around £100 a week or so, as I was spending days off doing nanowrimo for most of the store opening hours, with lots of drinks. Didn't specify amount (didn't realise til I worked it out later D:))

They laughed, mocked me. I turned and walked out. I went across the small 'square' (I.e. walked past the Clocktower in Leicester and into the Highcross) and into the Starbucks. The staff all knew me by name, and started my drink as soon as they saw me heading towards them, so by time I paid the drink was ready (didn't even need to order, they knew what was my then regular drink). I sat down, took out my laptop, looked up and noticed the Costa manager standing in front of me at my table. They had seen/ heard the exchange of my usual drink/etc, asked the staff how often I was in, they verified I hadn't been lying/exaggerating, and that I'd done it the last few years during November. Even mentioned they were surprised I'd come in, as they thought I was trying out Costa today becuase they themselves weren't offering Black forest drinks (heck they'd suggested I try Costa for that!) Costa manager's face was priceless as they realised they'd just lost themselves a chance of a notable increase in sales for a few weeks.

Even worse was that was the first time I was giving Costa a chance since a year and a half previously. Different branch, they'd clearly been changing menus - I wanted to know the price of one of the new coolers (it wasn't on the menu board, prices were meant to be on the chiller shelf - but the prices were missing from all the shelves). I asked a few times, being ignored the first few, then rudely told to read the label on the shelf. After third time they actually responded with me telling them there was no label, hence me asking, they stomped round the counter and pointed at the shelf. They paused as they noticed there weren't in fact any labels. Then told me the price was on the shelf label (that still hadn't appeared). They grabbed the drink I was asking about (they had the cups pre-staged with the flavouring powder/mix/bases/ whatever in the cups in the chiller), started making it, then entered it on the till, then demanded I pay the price. I pointed out I hadn't actually ordered it, I was asking about the price, to know if I had the money to pay for it. I pointed out that at the price they said, I couldn't afford it, and I'd leave it. They swore at me, and tried to say I had to pay for it. I just looked at them, told them no, I hadn't ordered it only asked the price, and walked out. 2 others that were in the queue that had formed behind me walked out too.

So yeah - that's generally why I don't do Costa very often. xD

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 11 Nov 2020, 20:32

Wow not really nice at all.

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 12 Nov 2020, 11:30

Wooo. Work is boring, yet interesting.

Boring as it's quiet, as normal now. Interesting, as the people coming in are idiots who still argue about lockdown restrictions, with lots today thinking Leicester isn't in lockdown, or that Cafe's are excluded.

Leicester never left lockdown ¬¬ And current one is whole of England. And well publicised in every form of news for nearly two full weeks now. It's practically impossible for people to not know about it.... yet there they are.... ¬¬

MakiChan
Clansmen of the Month
Clansmen of the Month
Great Britain

Post by MakiChan » 12 Nov 2020, 14:20

Pirate TimeLord wrote:
11 Nov 2020, 19:22
From Spam -

The Black Forest Costa Incident.
Few years ago - Love black forest flavourings, Starbucks weren't offering it, costa were. Decided to try Costa. Asked them if I could get a black forest mocha. Got a rude dismissal and 'no'. I asked why, got rude response (something about the flavouring not being in the drink, but solely the drizzle on the cream on top of a hot choc (they didn't add cream to mochas). I said that sounded odd, as that wouldn't flavour the drink, but I was fully intending on paying to add cream if needed. Got told I wasn't allowed to do that. The staff member (who turned out to be their manager) was really rude and arrogant about it, so I said fine, I'll leave it. I pointed out I was wanting to try the drink, as I would have switched from Starbucks to them for the season if I had liked it. They were rude about it. I pointed out, their loss. They questioned it. I pointed out at the time (not any more) I was spending ludicrous amounts at Starbucks (around £100 a week or so, as I was spending days off doing nanowrimo for most of the store opening hours, with lots of drinks. Didn't specify amount (didn't realise til I worked it out later D:))

They laughed, mocked me. I turned and walked out. I went across the small 'square' (I.e. walked past the Clocktower in Leicester and into the Highcross) and into the Starbucks. The staff all knew me by name, and started my drink as soon as they saw me heading towards them, so by time I paid the drink was ready (didn't even need to order, they knew what was my then regular drink). I sat down, took out my laptop, looked up and noticed the Costa manager standing in front of me at my table. They had seen/ heard the exchange of my usual drink/etc, asked the staff how often I was in, they verified I hadn't been lying/exaggerating, and that I'd done it the last few years during November. Even mentioned they were surprised I'd come in, as they thought I was trying out Costa today becuase they themselves weren't offering Black forest drinks (heck they'd suggested I try Costa for that!) Costa manager's face was priceless as they realised they'd just lost themselves a chance of a notable increase in sales for a few weeks.

Even worse was that was the first time I was giving Costa a chance since a year and a half previously. Different branch, they'd clearly been changing menus - I wanted to know the price of one of the new coolers (it wasn't on the menu board, prices were meant to be on the chiller shelf - but the prices were missing from all the shelves). I asked a few times, being ignored the first few, then rudely told to read the label on the shelf. After third time they actually responded with me telling them there was no label, hence me asking, they stomped round the counter and pointed at the shelf. They paused as they noticed there weren't in fact any labels. Then told me the price was on the shelf label (that still hadn't appeared). They grabbed the drink I was asking about (they had the cups pre-staged with the flavouring powder/mix/bases/ whatever in the cups in the chiller), started making it, then entered it on the till, then demanded I pay the price. I pointed out I hadn't actually ordered it, I was asking about the price, to know if I had the money to pay for it. I pointed out that at the price they said, I couldn't afford it, and I'd leave it. They swore at me, and tried to say I had to pay for it. I just looked at them, told them no, I hadn't ordered it only asked the price, and walked out. 2 others that were in the queue that had formed behind me walked out too.

So yeah - that's generally why I don't do Costa very often. xD

Wow, that is bad!

I don't blame you for not going to Costa
"If they should take me
Then may they break me
Kill me
Burn me
But I'll stay torched into the heart"
The Phalanx - Trivium

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 12 Nov 2020, 14:32

Yeah.

That, and I find their coffee too bitter (as they use Arabica and Robusta Blends -the Robusta being cheaper, making coffee stronger but more bitter that arabica alone). Was main reason I preferred Starbucks, as they use Arabica-only blends. (It's the main reason Costa make more than Starbucks, as comparing coffees like for like, as Costa use a cheaper blend of beans, they make more profit per cup than Starbucks do)

Only an hour and a half of work left.... and everything is cleaned down, unless people order food :/