Of Timelords & Treason (Kimi/PT's ALJ)

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 06 Jan 2021, 04:37

Sorry *hugs*

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 09 Jan 2021, 20:17

Sending love kimi <3
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 09 Jan 2021, 23:42

Obviously not been around much. But as an update - my dad died around 07:45 last Wednesday (the 6th). Sadly my mum didn't manage to get in to see him, as her car was damaged by an idiot the week before, and she'd only got it back Tuesday evening. Rather unfortunate that similar thing happened as when my Granny/ Her mum died - she was literally about to step out the door of the house when the phone call came to let her know he'd passed.

Funeral is on the 14th. Trying to work our getting up for it (as my car is still in the bodyshop getting the locks sorted). I did chase up yesterday, and they said they had planned on it being ready yesterday/today, but it was a guide. I mentioned my reason for needing it sort of urgently now, given it's several days later than their original estimated date on last Tuesday. They said they'd put a not eon so it would be prioritised, but still didn't get it today. Hopefully Monday morning they'll call me to let me know. If it comes to it I'll have to use the courtesy car to drive up for the week (heading up for the funeral, then staying a week to be with/look after mum). But I'd rather avoid that if possible, since means they're out of a courtesy car, and I don't have my car for longer than needed. Flights are horribly expensive, and inconvenient. Cheapest flights are £400+ return, but I don't have a passport, and oddly enough all the 'cheap' flights stop over out of the UK (Amsterdam/ belfast/ some french airports), so can't travel those without a passport. Internal only flights are more expansive (£650+ return), but also have issues of being either too late for the funeral if flying up/back same day (as realistically I'd be doing if flying), or else too early for me to be able to get to the airport (ie I have to be at the airport in London for 4am). Plus I have to drive the 2.5 hours to London, find parking, tube travel, etc. And I have to hire a car and drive from Aberdeen for the hour and a bit other end. If I'm driving for around 4 hours anyway, I'm as well driving another 4 and a bit and being able to carry more than flights allow without much cost/etc, and then staying a week.

Ah well.
AL Journals - Create your own personal space on AL Here!
Arts, Cosplay & Writing - You should check this out!
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 10 Jan 2021, 00:13

I'm really sorry, my sympathy for you and your family

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 10 Jan 2021, 00:31

Sorry, Kimi. It always hurts to lose a loved one. *hugs* It really seems like there's been too much of that happening too.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 12 Jan 2021, 17:50

Sending my love Kimi. Hope everything goes as smoothly as it can
@MelodiqueArt

lambda-sky
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by lambda-sky » 01 Feb 2021, 17:26

I hope your thing went ok.

So Kari is a Peugeot 107? I drove one of those a while ago. The steering is super light isn't it. I was surprised by that. :lol:

Did you know the 911 was originally called 901, but apparently Peugeot has a trademark on all number-zero-number names so Porsche replaced the zero with a one. That's my only Peugeot related fun fact.

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 01 Feb 2021, 21:35

Hey.

I did not know that about the 911 xD. It is quite light - often compared to a go-kart :)

I'm doing alright. Was able to stay with my mum for nearly 2 weeks to start helping get the house more suitable for her living alone (though most of it is a case of her needing to tidy up more than anything xD). Going back up for just under two weeks again end of Feb (as have to use last of my holiday from work).

I almost feel bad that I don't feel bad about my coworker that died of Covid a few days ago. But, it's the one that was always refusing to follow hygiene rules, bragged about having a large party just before xmas (she has a large family - kids/grandkids - and had them all round), wouldn't wear mask or keep distance/etc. I'd never wish it on anyone, but she literally actively ignored instructions/requirements to keep everyone safe. :/

in other news - finally got my car back from the bodyshop, locks changed and stuff. So weird to drive compared to the newer C1 I had as the courtesy car (which turned out to be the more powerful 1.2L engine, compared to my 1L xD) But they forgot to change the locking fuel cap, so I need to get a key cut for that, so I can fill her up and such. Luckily I forgot to take my bin out in the morning, as I had to dig through the bag to find the old blade to be able to open the cap and get petrol inside xD. Just need to get to a timpson's that's open to get a copy cut.
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 04 Feb 2021, 15:45

Glad you got your car back finally and that your doing okay.

Yeah I don't get people that don't take this stuff seriously. I see so many truck drivers that don't have a mask on it's crazy.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 16 Feb 2021, 03:10

Hope you're doing well Kimi!!
@MelodiqueArt

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 10 Mar 2021, 20:06

Well, since server fires mean my full explanation is gone now xD I'll try again.

I'm fine. Absence wasn't meant to be as long as it was, and indeed I hadn't realised how quickly time had flown. Was away as worrying about potentially moving back to Scotland to move in with mum, to help look after her more, and had to use last of year's holidays from work, so was back in Scotland there again a couple of weeks ago, so limited net then anyway for a 11 days. Likely not to happen now, but worry/ slight 'panic' on my end was partly due to how much I'd have to change/drop to make it work (including dropping AL mostly, since moving would mean it not feasible to do most events given distance to travel/ extra days I'd need becuase of that each event). Plus having to give up a job, and not having any job up there, but still having car/credit card (costs of car repairs) to pay, but then having no income/ etc.

Got some 'basic' equipment (lol. Bought an Elgato Wave 1 mic, and stream deck, and stuff) and toying with potentially starting streaming... something. No idea what it'd be, and such. But when I get up to scratch with how to do things, should be able to help with virtual cons/ al streams and such, as well as whatever I end up doing myself. Maybe. If nothing else I should have much better audio for joining in playing streams, or general chats xD.

And my posting a couple of hours before the fire, in no way caused the fire where the servers are. I think/hope xP

Ferefire
Ensouled Member
Ensouled Member
Great Britain

Post by Ferefire » 10 Mar 2021, 20:09

Pirate TimeLord wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 20:06
Plus having to give up a job, and not having any job up there, but still having car/credit card (costs of car repairs) to pay, but then having no income/ etc.
I assume your main Leicester job-job is still good with you though?
---

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 10 Mar 2021, 20:32

Oh yeah, that's all fine. I was meaning if I had moved/ If I move, then it'd affect things more, as no jobs in Scotland near my mum's house at the moment, and lockdown/etc.

Job in Leicester is all fine and such.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 10 Mar 2021, 20:35

That's good to hear about the Leicester job still good :) I would love to see your streams!

Also glad to hear you are OK, I thought to give you extra time with everything as you aren't someone to just disappear without a good reason.
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~