Of Timelords & Treason (Kimi/PT's ALJ)

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 14 Mar 2021, 13:19

Hi hi :)
AL Journals - Create your own personal space on AL Here!
Arts, Cosplay & Writing - You should check this out!
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 14 Mar 2021, 13:20

What's up?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 14 Mar 2021, 13:27

Not much. At work, waiting for the slow day to end, so I can go home xD

What about you?
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

RedHat
Entombed Member
Entombed Member
Great Britain

Post by RedHat » 14 Mar 2021, 13:31

Ahoy there, sir timelord of tardis sir :D

ImmortalJed wrote:
I'm ill enough as it is, don't need you bunch of braindead fools nomming on me and making it worse :P

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 14 Mar 2021, 13:34

Oooh much activity in the journal xD Ahoy hoy Sir Redness of Hat :P

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 14 Mar 2021, 15:32

Pirate TimeLord wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 13:27
Not much. At work, waiting for the slow day to end, so I can go home xD

What about you?

Same sundays are always slow. Abd its daylight savings time so hour ahead one person late so far

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

RedHat
Entombed Member
Entombed Member
Great Britain

Post by RedHat » 15 Mar 2021, 00:25

Pirate TimeLord wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 13:34
Oooh much activity in the journal xD Ahoy hoy Sir Redness of Hat :P

Haha, that's a good one. The redness is very hat like :D

Sleepy spam time? :zzz:

ImmortalJed wrote:
I'm ill enough as it is, don't need you bunch of braindead fools nomming on me and making it worse :P

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 15 Mar 2021, 16:50

It sucks when you try to customize something and it just seems to make problems. /: Hopefully you'll be able to fix them when you get home, Kimi. There might be updated tutorials in the near future though.

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 16 Mar 2021, 13:11

I think the audio is working well enough now. It may be just that my computer isn't quite powerful enough to be able to process spotify at the same time as game audio and mic audio in the same program at once. But by having spotify (and tbh game audio) not going through, but directly into OBS, it's slightly less taxing for the computer (I think).

Waiting to get sorted with a Virgin internet boost/upgrade. I'm currently on '100' MBs, though I'm finding it regularly struggles to get above 20 most mornings/days off when I try and watch youtubers/ twitch streams. As I'm past contract, am trying to get upgrade to 350 MBs down(with 40 MBs upload), which is only going to cost £3.50/month more than current (and they're putting price up by £2.50 month next month anyway, so effectively means only £1/month more to get over triple speed, when working.

Also, I notice in the terms they state it should never drop below 181MBs download, and if it does for more than 3 days, and they can't provide a fix within 30 days, then penalty clause in the contract is void, so I can leave without penalty. So would be able to downgrade again (and likely be able to argue for discount/ better price than current) if it doesn't work properly. But if it does, then awesome speeds, which good if I'm starting streaming xD

In process of learning basics of Davinci Resolve (a free video/photo/audio editing software), to make custom alert graphics. xD (Took me 3 hours to work out how to alter a pre-made animated border to fit what I needed ('simple' crop of top half and right walls of border only), so starting well xD

Beerkeg
Standard Member
Estonia

Achievements

Post by Beerkeg » 16 Mar 2021, 14:10

I've used VoiceBanana for such audio shenanigans before to mix hardware and software. I was just using it to mix music from my 2nd pc to my main so I wouldn't have to tab out of games, but I guess you could use it to mix your mic, game and spotify audio one output and just feed that into OBS. Or if you want to fiddle with things more, you could build a hardware volume control with like a teensy board, send the pwm signal over usb to the pc and write some AHK spaghetti to control audio levels. I've actually been meaning to make one of those cause controlling audio in software is kinda annoying.

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 16 Mar 2021, 14:21

Funnily enough I have Banana installed xD, but at the moment it's not necessary (just using the free VB cable directly to do browser, though I can't imagine much need for browser audio at the moment). As I've got a stream deck, I'm able to increase/decrease individual sliders in OBS spearately, so it's manageable enough, just means moving to a different streamdeck page/profile if I have to adjust anything that does work via wave link). May end up using banana for discord audio control into OBS, depending on how well it works via wave link.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 16 Mar 2021, 22:06

xD It's a good plan to try with the upgrade, and it definitely sounds like a good deal. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint though, but still a possible win if it does in cost, but still, good luck and I hope the upgrade works how it's supposed to. ^.^

How are you btw?

RedHat
Entombed Member
Entombed Member
Great Britain

Post by RedHat » 16 Mar 2021, 22:18

Hi kimi

*has no idea about the streaming thing* :D

ImmortalJed wrote:

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 16 Mar 2021, 22:48

*Nor do I, other than lots of youtube/twitch research/advice xD*

RedHat
Entombed Member
Entombed Member
Great Britain

Post by RedHat » 16 Mar 2021, 23:09

Lol. Still more of an idea that me :haha:

ImmortalJed wrote: