Of Timelords & Treason (Kimi/PT's ALJ)

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 22 Nov 2020, 00:01

Nothing as it turns out. Was only a tiny dent on the edge of the steel wheel - not enough to affect the tyre. The garage even hammered it out a bit for free, even though it wasn't needed. :)
AL Journals - Create your own personal space on AL Here!
Arts, Cosplay & Writing - You should check this out!
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 30 Nov 2020, 09:43

*lurk*

Not much to report.

Lost my weekend to Oxygen Not Included (game I got in the steam sale Friday after work)

Sorta went like this -
Friday - 4pm: saw game was in the sale, decided to buy it.
17:00- started playing game
20:00 - Noticed it was 8pm, and that I should maybe eat food. Did so, then back playing by 20:20 (Was quick microwave food xD)
23:00 - Oh, it's 11pm. Just a little longer.
03:00 - What time is it? Oh crap, it's 3am.
04:00 - Oh. I should probably go to bed and get some sleep.

Saturday:
Woke up at noon.
Had quick 'brunch',( tin of Tesco beans & sausages xD) watched a few youtube vids on startups in ONI (which I promtply ignored as was significantly into current playthrough already xD). Put laundry in to wash.
15:00 - laundry loads switched (1st one out, second one in)
16:00 - OH, it's 4pm. (Noticed because of alerts on phone with the regional sales updates from the cafes/work, which close at 4pm xD)
16:15 - I'm hungry - some more food (tin of Soup), then back to playing ONI
19:00 -second load of laundry was finished a while ago - should take out of machine then into dryer. Some more food. (Tin of tesco chicken curry, heated and made into wraps)
00:00 - oh, midnight. Tin of sweet & sour chicken, then Heated two mince pies (Went 'out of date' from work Wednesday, but they were fine, as we give shorter dates, just in case), had with some spray cream. Continued playing.
08:00 - What time is it? (Look towards window (curtains closed), can see daylight round edges. Notice the actual time. oops. Went to bed.

Sunday:
Alarms were set for noon, to 'reset' sleep pattern. Got snoozed/ignored.
16:00 - wake up/ get out of bed xD
Had food (tin of soup)
17:00 - playing ONI
18:30 - made then Put pasta bake into cook playing ONI once in oven.
19: 00 - Pasta out of oven, topped with cheese, back in to finish - back to ONI
19:20 - pasta bake out - ate some, whilst back playing ONI
23:00 - reasonable bed time. Actually went to bed.

Today/Monday
07:55 - Wake up, check time. shout 'oh crap' as I realise I cancelled instead of snoozed all my alarms, and was meant to be at work at 08:00. message boss, got ready ASAP
08:30 - in work, only 30 mins late. Nearly every traffic light that could, turned red just before I got to them xD
09:20: - started this post.
09:42 - finished this post xD
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 30 Nov 2020, 16:48

oh my god kimi you have an amazing recollection lol
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 30 Nov 2020, 18:09

Did you write those down in a logbook or is your memory that awesome? :o

Glad nothing too bad happened after getting to work 30 minutes late though. Hopefully getting chewed out by your boss was the only penalty. /:

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 30 Nov 2020, 18:25

Didn't get chewed out. He was pretty chill about it. (And TBH if he had said anything, I'd just point out before this latest lockdown, he was regularly 20-25mins late -every- morning (and he always leaves early, so he can do amazon deliveries as a 2nd job), but as he's salaried he still gets paid. (and he never actually corrects his times, as he's required to do (so the company know if he owes hours, or they owe him hours back for over working) so it technically regularly committing fraud by taking pay for hours he isn't at work and should be.)

also memory is alright, but that timeline isn't 100% accruate. I'm sure some time gaps are off, so it's mostly about the correct timings xD

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 30 Nov 2020, 18:34

lol I'd give almost anything to have a memory like yours.

Wise move on your boss's part to not make waves and be a hypocrite though. XD For obvious reasons.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 01 Dec 2020, 18:49

Oh Lord tinsel, please answer the question that has plagued me for many years.

What IS the best colour tinsel?
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 01 Dec 2020, 18:55

SILVER!!!! *In a thunderous, booming voice* lol

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 01 Dec 2020, 19:11

TARDIS blue, obviously :P

With added 'bonus' that it almost always appears bigger than it is, so you think you have enough, but never quite actually do :P

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 01 Dec 2020, 19:52

In other news:

Triple screen setup go!

TV (top left) has Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (At World's End) on, as I was listening to a piano version of part of the soundtrack, and decide to put it on, just because xD
Middle Screen (the new/ fast refresh 'Gaming' monitor) is about to play Oxygen not Included.
And Right 'Montior' (ie my old All in one touch screen PC, but acting as a monitor via it's 'Gaming Mode' HDMI input feed (pity touch doesn't work in that mode) has the forums, and possibly periodically facebook on it xD

However, As It's a pain to come out of ONI, I likely won't be posting much xD (It closes the game when I click out, and I can't get it to work right in windowed mode (it cuts off part of the active game screen)

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 06 Dec 2020, 16:50

Yay. /sarcasm.

Several hours spent clearing up broken glass, as some f**ker decided popping the door lock wasn't enough this time - they smashed the passenger window.

By looks of it, they didn't even try to open the door or even rummage the glovebox this time, just smashed the window and went. Did same to a car a couple behind mine, and one round the corner. (And another round the corner the other direction a couple days ago)

So also spent hours contacting police to get a reference number, to spend ages lodging it with my insurance (because a website to get a piece of info quickly was down, so instead of seconds getting it, took half an hour jumping through hoops to set up a verification account to log into the alternative access.

So yeah. Got to wait to see what insurance say. And pray they won't write it off, since I'm gonna try and claim the lock damage as well (as though they broke the window, looks like they tried to lock too, as the hole there is bigger now). But the quote I got for that the other week is nearly/over half the value of the car ¬¬ Really worried they'll write it off becuase of the cost, so I then have to try and get another car :(

Have to wait and see :/

Wheely Sweet
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Post by Wheely Sweet » 06 Dec 2020, 17:30

Awww no, that's a right pain

Find me here - https://linktr.ee/WheelySweet

Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant || Come say hi in Entrance Lounge & join in our events! || My Journal

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 06 Dec 2020, 20:06

Ow, jeez. /: Sorry to hear it. Even I know that getting a whole new car is far from cheap. D: