I'd rather Not work tomorrow (JeeCay?)

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 24 Nov 2022, 23:51

Hi! Welcome back.

It's always good to see veteran users return to the fold.

I feel your pain about having to give things up because of medication but it is good if it has rejuvenated your creative processes. I'm about as creative as a dead stick.

Looking forward to seeing more of you, and maybe some examples of your work?
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

JeeCay?
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by JeeCay? » 25 Nov 2022, 01:42

Ojisama wrote:
24 Nov 2022, 23:51
Hi! Welcome back.

It's always good to see veteran users return to the fold.

I feel your pain about having to give things up because of medication but it is good if it has rejuvenated your creative processes. I'm about as creative as a dead stick.

Looking forward to seeing more of you, and maybe some examples of your work?

Thanks for your interest :D. I made a thread for my writing here.

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=132187

I'll prolly post other efforts (namely podcast and youtube type things.) in the journal as I complete them.

I guess movies won out in the end.   My sister decided to put on Little rascals for my niece and nephew and I watched along for nostalgia's sake.  Re-watching it reminded me of one of my birthdays (I don't recall the exact year)  that involved a huge sleepover where it and The Lion King were run on loop until everyone passed out. 

I also watched a short(ish) film called  "Momo and the Seven Papagenos"  It was nice to see a movie tackling the topic of depression and suicide that's actually made for people at risk.    It always feels like things that acknowledge the subject matter are just trying to comfort those who aren't.   The film itself was ok.  I suppose I was hoping it would be a bit lighter but I'm glad overall it exists. 

After I head out and (hopefully find and) feed a neighborhood stray cat I'll maybe get around to some gaming or just write a bit more.   Maybe both :P

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 25 Nov 2022, 07:48

I've just got up.

Would've been going up to the Hospital in a bit but the appointment got cancelled yesterday (I wouldn't mind but this always happens in the flippin' NHS! And they wonder why everyone that can afford it goes private?!)
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

JeeCay?
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by JeeCay? » 26 Nov 2022, 06:46

a key piece of equipment broke down at work so I got to go home early. Good for me, bad for work. I'll also be off tomorrow for the same reason. I'll be using the time to See Wakanda forever or Black adam.

Working on a new short story. It's a bit slower going than I'd like but I feel like I'm making a bit of progress. The working title for it is "Daredevil Sport". It's a sci-fi story about Jockeys who ride around on rockets rather than horses. My first thought for the title was "Rocket Jocks" but the name was ultimately taken by multiple sources. Maybe it's for the best. Rocket Jocks is prolly a bit too on the nose and focuses on the wrong elements.

JeeCay?
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by JeeCay? » 27 Nov 2022, 02:22

Decided on Black Adam. It was a visual treat and I appreciate the moral ambiguity of the hero.

The technical issues at work are still...at work so I'm off tomorrow too. I'll go see Wakanda forever and maybe get my Christmas shopping done. I'll try and get some game footage for a video recorded tonight and get a bit more writing done.

JeeCay?
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by JeeCay? » 28 Nov 2022, 03:08

Ugh.  Bought a wifi booster in an effort to mitigate my internet issue and I can't get it to work.  I'm gonna have to wait till tomorrow, when the room the router's in isn't full of people, to take another crack at it.   If I can't get it working tomorrow I'll just return it and learn to endure using my phone for everything internet-related...

In happier news.  I recorded something with a friend and longtime podcasting co-host.   If you've seen the film  "Bones and all"  please give it a listen.  In case you're curious I'm Jumpercables AKA the one with his camera off...cause I have a deep aversion to my face...but not my voice :P.

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 28 Nov 2022, 13:00

All this time off is great, especially at this time of year when there is so much going on, but are you still getting paid?

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 28 Nov 2022, 13:43

Because he can't work due to stuff that's not directly his fault, such as tech issues, he'll probably still get paid yeah.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

JeeCay?
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by JeeCay? » 28 Nov 2022, 22:11

Ojisama wrote:
28 Nov 2022, 13:00
All this time off is great, especially at this time of year when there is so much going on, but are you still getting paid?

I'm not sure If I'll be paid for these days off but I'm in a rare position where I'm not hurting for money so I should be ok if the check's a bit smaller than normal.

I'm not completely sure how well this wifi booster is working but It feels like it is. The connection still cuts out at random points but the time between good and bad connection seems to be smaller. Also, the signal seems a bit stronger when the connection is good, so there's that. I'm half tempted to plug the booster into the outside outlet I get my electricity from but I think I'll wait till it's not hailing before I try that. It's also got an ethernet jack I could plug directly to my laptop, assuming it can get the signal all the way out here >.>

Tomorrow and the day after are my official days off so I'll have a bit more time on my hands before I (possibly :P) go back to work on Thursday. I'm hoping to get some substantial writing done and record some Tekken 2 gameplay for a future project.

JeeCay?
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by JeeCay? » 30 Nov 2022, 00:30

Nearly a day's gone by and I'm only 500 words into "Daredevil Sport" I'm a little disappointed with the output but I guess I'm grateful I did something.

Granted, the weather isn't helping. We got about 3 inches of snow and I had to take a break from typing to warm my hands. This is with gloves on mind you.

The job hunt seems to have dried up a bit. More apps have been put in but no calls have been received. It's gonna suck if I can't get things to line up in time to avoid dipping into my savings. Granted, I've got a trip out of town planned with the family that I'm not gonna sacrifice so maybe that wasn't in the cards.

I guess I'll just take some time to properly blob out and self-indulge as apposed to the half-assed anxiety-fueled time killing I've been doing most of the day...and my life.

JeeCay?
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by JeeCay? » 01 Dec 2022, 07:14

Fuck me to death it's cold! Fuck me again cause for some reason I only seem truly motivated to do anything when it's cold as fuck and I have to stop either recording game footage or typing to regain feeling in my toes and fingertips. Oh well another 700 words added to the pile.

JeeCay?
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by JeeCay? » 02 Dec 2022, 05:37

Back to work and I don't like it. I'm just not as comfortable there as I was. Something was lost and it's not coming back. This sucks. It wasn't even a bad day. Well, the work part anyway. The bad day came with the sinus headache that formed in the last two hours of the day. The culprit, half a god damned cigarette. Thought I would mitigate the temporary lost of 1 vice with another. My bitch ass sinus cavities said otherwise. I lost 90% of my after-work time on warming washcloths and using the netti-pot. It's mostly contained now but I don't have time to record more footage, write more, and watch an episode of zeta gundam. I can maybe do 1...

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 02 Dec 2022, 16:28

JeeCay? wrote:
25 Nov 2022, 01:42

I'll prolly post other efforts (namely podcast and youtube type things.) in the journal as I complete them.

Nice.

I've read the "Ghost of Suguru Castle".

Looking forward to some more.

JeeCay?
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by JeeCay? » 03 Dec 2022, 05:10

Ojisama wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 16:28
JeeCay? wrote:
25 Nov 2022, 01:42

Nice.

I've read the "Ghost of Suguru Castle".

Looking forward to some more.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read it :dance: :) :D . I'm hoping to add another story to that thread soon but worst come to worse I could always proofread one of my old stories and post it there in the meantime.

So work didn't suck as much today. Apparently, me and the offending co-worker can be civil now. At least till I'm only there on days he isn't. Not that my plan is to abandon civility, so much as not think about any of it at all. There's far more interesting things to devote my extra medium brain power too.

So very few of the people I'm sending applications to are reaching out to me. I'm just a little worried that they're all gonna try to spring a sudden interview on me early morning Monday or Tuesday. This sorta thing doesn't work for me. I startle easily, like a cat.

JeeCay?
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by JeeCay? » 05 Jan 2023, 07:15

Fell off this site for a bit. I been depressed. Like full on fuck off lemmie alone while I die depressed.

Seems I made it through though >.>

I've been wanting to do something productive but keep falling into that trap of blobbing out and just wasting time on nothing. Either that or my computer bugs out at the precise moment I'm ready to start working on something...almost like it' feeds on my misery >.>

Job hunt has dried up. The only places that seem to be hiring are overnight positions and the handful of times I took night jobs increased my aggravated my existing depression.

Lord I'm a total bummer today. I'll stop now as to not increase the size of the dark cloud forming over this post. Hope everyone else is doing well.