TVs Daily Life

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

tsundoku92
United States of America

Achievements

TVs Daily Life

Post by tsundoku92 » 02 Jun 2020, 15:39

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to drop a quick intro! 
I'm TV 
I'm 27 | 6' 2" | Male

Been watching anime and reading manga/light novels since I was 16 and I've been completely hooked since. 

I work in Cyber Security and try my best to squeeze in some anime when I have a free moment here and there, but I do have a massive "finished" list, but lord knows I can't remember everything I've watched. Once upon a time, I watched literally any moderately okay looking show that crossed my laptop screen. Lord knows I've watched some anime dumpster fires, but I've also watched some that have a permanent place in my heart and have since re-watched half a dozen times. 

I also love reading regular old fashioned books, watching movies, playing guitar, and listening to music.

If you want to know any of the specifics of anything then feel free to ask :) 

Anyway, that'll be it for now! Hope to see y'all soon!

-TV 

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

TVs Daily Life

Post by Teeny » 02 Jun 2020, 16:13

Hi @tsundoku92
Welcome to Anime League & AL Journals :dance:
Hope you enjoy it here on the forum.
What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

tsundoku92
United States of America

Achievements

TVs Daily Life

Post by tsundoku92 » 02 Jun 2020, 16:17

Hi!
A little bit of everything, but I enjoy mostly metal music and rock. I'll occasionally listen to some rap and pop as well. I also really enjoy 60s and 70s music too!
-TV 

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

TVs Daily Life

Post by Teeny » 02 Jun 2020, 16:26

Great choices :D Any particular metal & rock bands you enjoy?
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

tsundoku92
United States of America

Achievements

TVs Daily Life

Post by tsundoku92 » 02 Jun 2020, 17:08

I have been really into Dir en Grey recently, but one of my favorite metal bands as of late is Whitechapel. Their newest album "The Valley" is incredible.
-TV 

tsundoku92
United States of America

Achievements

TVs Daily Life

Post by tsundoku92 » 02 Jun 2020, 20:08

UPDATE:
Now that I've got a little more time I can hash out some details that I previously omitted in my intro.

Favorite Anime: Clannad/Afterstory, Angel Beats, Carol and Tuesday, Hunter X Hunter, Romeo x Juliet, Beck, Toradora, and Steins Gate
Favorite Books: The Lies of Locke Lamora, LOTR, Les Miserables, any Dickens novel, and The Brothers Karamazov
Favorite Manga/Light Novels: A Silent Voice, Berserk, The Devil is a Part-Timer, the Monogatari Series, and Battle Royal
Favorite Games: FFIX, Dishonored, Souls Series, Outlast, Medieval II
Favorite Artists/Bands: Blue October, Whitechapel, Ice Nine Kills, Pink Floyd, Denzel Curry, Scandal(Japan), and Dir en Grey.

Phew that was quite the update. Anyway, talk to you all later!
-TV 

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

TVs Daily Life

Post by Teeny » 03 Jun 2020, 10:29

Berserk, Clannad & Carole and Tuesday too are some of my favourites also:)
I've seen Steins Gate& Angel Beats too.
I need to catch up with Anime, not been watching any lately.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

tsundoku92
United States of America

Achievements

TVs Daily Life

Post by tsundoku92 » 03 Jun 2020, 19:08

It can be tough to keep up with it as an adult. I can't just spend 10 hours a day marathoning a show anymore. College was nice because I could just watch endlessly whenever free time came up lol.
-TV 

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

TVs Daily Life

Post by Teeny » 06 Jun 2020, 18:29

How're you doing today @tsundoku92 ?
Hope you're having a good weekend so far :D
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

tsundoku92
United States of America

Achievements

TVs Daily Life

Post by tsundoku92 » 09 Jun 2020, 00:45

@Teeny Weekend was pretty decent. Crazy hot here but other than that it was a good one. Looking forward to two years from now when they change my station to somewhere cold D: how was your weekend?? :haha:
-TV 

Noodle
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

TVs Daily Life

Post by Noodle » 09 Jun 2020, 19:46

@tsundoku92 Welcome to AL :D

Hope you're having a good day today.
Oh I know, it's so hot here in the States. I'm melting :haha:
A Guide to Noodle:
♥ Koreaboo ♥
♥ Loves: Cute things. HyunA. Candy. HyunA. Yep pretty much love HyunA. ♥

♥ Get me on Skype @ SunnyD.89 ♥
♥ Join us in Crazy League! We don't bite! ♥
♥ Birb birb birb ;3 ♥

Pixiedora
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

TVs Daily Life

Post by Pixiedora » 10 Jun 2020, 10:10

Hey @tsundoku92 welcome to journals and AL :D

I'm watching Carole and Tuesday at the moment :) I also like Dir en Grey :D Have you ever managed to see them live?

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

TVs Daily Life

Post by Teeny » 10 Jun 2020, 12:33

tsundoku92 wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 00:45
@Teeny Weekend was pretty decent. Crazy hot here but other than that it was a good one. Looking forward to two years from now when they change my station to somewhere cold D: how was your weekend?? :haha:

Oh I can imagine, I couldn't believe how hot it was in the USA when I was there in December! (No where near as hot as your summertime I imagine, but in comparison to what December is like in the UK, it was tropical for me!) :sweatdrop:

I had a pretty chill weekend, caught up with some friends via voice chats which were nice :)
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

tsundoku92
United States of America

Achievements

TVs Daily Life

Post by tsundoku92 » 10 Jun 2020, 12:48

@Pixiedora
I actually haven’t! I was going to go see them during there last world tour but they only came to a city about five hours away and I just couldn’t swing it with work. :cry:
-TV 

tsundoku92
United States of America

Achievements

TVs Daily Life

Post by tsundoku92 » 10 Jun 2020, 12:49

@Teeny
Yeah it’s always great to catch up with friends!
And yeah the weather in America is just way too hot for me. Definitely still want to live in Iceland someday lol
-TV