The Alchemist Returns...The Legend Rises... [Raiji's ALJ]

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Raiji Magiwind
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Raiji Magiwind » 19 May 2020, 03:08

Name: Jen, Though Raiji is what most call me unless your my coworker or my family at this point
Age: 38 -- Yeah, yeah... I'm an 'old geezer' as far as the nerd community...;P
Location: I live in the oh so fun US of A... in the land of Faygo, Vernors and Better Maid Chips (or crisps as you UK'ers I believe call them...>.>)
Hobbies: Cosplay, Art, Photography, Sewing, Reading, Writing, Roleplay
Interests: See above hobbies pretty much...:P
Occupation: Nutritional Wellness Associate/Dietary Clerk in a Long Term Care facility
Favorite Things: Hummm...
--Telly Stuff: At the moment...I don't really have a specific favorite... though I tend to watch a lot of Netflix and Korean and Chinese Dramas over on Rakutan Viki...
--Movie(s): I would probably say Indiana Jones has a place in my heart off the top of my head
Star Wars likely a close second
--Gaming: I would say at the moment I play more FFXIV and Star Wars The Old Republic (SWTOR) mainly. I play on the Crystal Server for those curious, World Brynhildr, and a member of the FC the Crystarium Knights.
I have four boys: Ezra Parzival (Main/Primary -- Male Miqo'te - KotM; Primary Class: WAR), Asmodeus Massassi (Alt 1 -- Male Au'Ra - Xaela; Primary Class: THM, working towards BLM), Mordecai Emry's (Alt 2 -- Male Elezen - Duskwight; Primary Class: LNC, working towards DRG) and Magnus Ambrose (Alt 3 -- Male Elezen - Duskwight; Primary Class: PLD).
I tend to be Tank (Primary) or DPS... don't ask me to be a Healer, cause sadly I don't got the patience to be one...>.>

I have also become found of Detroit Become Human, Destiny 2 (when I feel the mood to play), Warframe (same as D2), and Jedi Fallen Order
--Music: Anything TBH, though I seem to enjoy Soundtracks, J-Rock/Pop, House/Techno and Tribal, especially when I am in the mood to RP
I do have a Discord Handle and am in way too many dang servers I tell ya... your welcome to message me, though for the love of the Divine, at least tell me who the flaming nut you are when you do, so I don't assume you some crackhead weirdo...I also have a FB page or two, and may consider sharing if asked. I have a regular and a Cosplay Page.
I do also hang out on Twitch watching a few folks, so I might consider watching you at some point if you stream things.

--Rules of the Alchemist's Domain--
Abide by these lovely words of wisdom, and I don't have to set you on fire... or report you.
1. Remember that standard AL board wide rules apply.
2. Leave your drama at the door. This may include religion, politics and the like, unless I have something to say about it myself. IOW, if your political commentary, religious nuttery and such have me telling ya to "STFU", then I HIGHLY suggest you STFU!
3. I don't mind spam, meme's and stuff, but be mindful of what ya post. I am pretty chill, but even I have certain lines I will not cross. If you cross it, you will know about it.
4. Have fun, but don't be an ass...
5. Your welcome to ask things and such, but know I have the right to refuse to answer what is asked. If I choose not to answer, don't push, or you will incur the unholy wrath of a very unpleasant Lady Raiji...
6. Additional Rules may be added as I see fit.

Well that's about all at the moment... should probably try and go to bed... after all, working on the front-line's during this craziness can be draining both mentally and physically, though I am sure the brain will tell me to go 'fuck myself', and not let me sleep a bit longer.

Jas
Retrospective Member
Retrospective Member
United States of America

Post by Jas » 19 May 2020, 06:19

Hello, Raiji! Welcome back to the boards.

I'm Jas, and I've also been around these parts for a while, and I've also just returned. I recognize you from before you left, though I'd understand if you didn't recognize me. I wasn't always the illustrious person I am today. :lol:

I look forward to following along with this journal, and seeing you around the board.

Again, welcome back!

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 19 May 2020, 06:23

Hi & Welcome back to Journals, Raiji!
:)
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

Raiji Magiwind
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Raiji Magiwind » 20 May 2020, 01:21

Yes, I somewhat remember you Jas... I think your probably one of the few like myself who has had either the same board name or only changed it once or twice in the course of there time here.
I mean, god forbid I have been here since coming over from the tiny trial thing Mike did what was so many moons ago. I used to be a regular active person, posting quite frequently, tending to frequent Crazy League (before it got renamed and merged up), the roleplaying areas and usually the clans and the graphic area.

I was once on staff for a short spell, even was an Assistant for a while. Was one of the members of the graphic thread who would do sigs and stuff back in the day. Might need to get back to it eventually. Might have to go replay with Photoshop a bit first though... got a little rusty...:P

I mean, hell I been here so long, I remember the days of Coding and the usually insane ass threads they used to have going in CL and such...

And yeah, been a while since I rolled in ALJ Teeny. Of course, a lot of times I would forget about my journal....>.>

Jas
Retrospective Member
Retrospective Member
United States of America

Post by Jas » 20 May 2020, 11:51

Raiji Magiwind wrote:
20 May 2020, 01:21
Yes, I somewhat remember you Jas... I think your probably one of the few like myself who has had either the same board name or only changed it once or twice in the course of there time here.
Yeah, I've had a few names. When I started out, I was "Lance of Kaíl" after my main RP character, and when I first came here it was for RR. I shortly thereafter changed it to "Lance" and then maybe a year later changed it to "Jas." And so it's stayed, forgiving dumb little CL fad where we changed it for some reason.
Raiji Magiwind wrote:
I mean, god forbid I have been here since coming over from the tiny trial thing Mike did what was so many moons ago. I used to be a regular active person, posting quite frequently, tending to frequent Crazy League (before it got renamed and merged up), the roleplaying areas and usually the clans and the graphic area.
Yeah you've been here a few months longer than I have. I joined in December 2002 after one of Mike's mass email campaigns. As I alluded to earlier, I initially stuck to RR, as when I came here it was to RP. Eventually I got tired of the long wait times for RP posts and shifted to CL (as you'll recall, it had some RP in there at that time, which later I'd refer to as "CS-style RP," because at its onset CS was not nearly as structured as it eventually became).
Raiji Magiwind wrote:
I was once on staff for a short spell, even was an Assistant for a while. Was one of the members of the graphic thread who would do sigs and stuff back in the day. Might need to get back to it eventually. Might have to go replay with Photoshop a bit first though... got a little rusty...:P

I mean, hell I been here so long, I remember the days of Coding and the usually insane ass threads they used to have going in CL and such...
Yeah, I've modded a few areas now. I was a CL mod under Queen Washu and beside Coding for a bit, but when CS split off from CL, I went along with CS. I love CL, but at the time it was a smart move by Mike-I was an RPer, after all. I also faded as a heavy RPer in RR during this time. Unfortunately I was also young and stupid and had a lot of drama, so I ended up quitting not too long after CS split off.

Later I'd mod RB, CL again, CW for a stint as a filler, and then mod and H-mod CL.

I also did sig requests for a while, before I left and then left again. I'm not sure how much we overlapped there, but I do think I recall you doing some. I think when I started at it you were already doing it for a while though.

Anyway, I'm also rusty. Don't have photoshop anymore, but I'll probably try some freeware knockoff, like paint.net,to see if I can get enough mastery with it to become useful. I actually saw a tutorial for animated .pngs with paint.net, which sounds terribly interesting.

It's crazy to me how apparently we both did the same things (often at close to the same time) but never intersected more than to just know one another's name. Just curious, did you hop on the Momentum Sparring train when that was going? I did, and while I don't remember seeing you there, I figure there's a chance you might have also, as an RPer.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 20 May 2020, 12:22

Raiji Magiwind wrote:
And yeah, been a while since I rolled in ALJ Teeny. Of course, a lot of times I would forget about my journal....>.>
We’re all prone to forgetting sometimes, but it’s still fun, right?
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Raiji Magiwind
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Raiji Magiwind » 20 May 2020, 13:25

Ah yes, Momentum Sparring.... Yeah I rolled through there to. I t home at this point only the ancient members of AL remember those days....

Jas
Retrospective Member
Retrospective Member
United States of America

Post by Jas » 20 May 2020, 13:37

Guess that makes us just a couple of old timers, haha.

Interested in getting back into roleplaying at all?

Raiji Magiwind
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Raiji Magiwind » 20 May 2020, 15:10

Jas wrote:
20 May 2020, 13:37
Guess that makes us just a couple of old timers, haha.

Interested in getting back into roleplaying at all?

I plan to. My RP muses are all cranky right now, cause a lot of the folks I usually rp with on discord are having sorta slumps right now and there muses are on strike....

I got several OC's, though also do some to in certain fandoms as well, though Star Wars is a more common one along with Ao no Exorcist...
Though I tend to veer towards more NSFW stuff on occasion.

Jas
Retrospective Member
Retrospective Member
United States of America

Post by Jas » 20 May 2020, 15:14

Oh that's interesting

I'm looking to try to get back into it myself but it isn't very active in here. Perhaps you and I could join forces to try to stimulate some activity.

(I'd prefer the SFW version though)

Raiji Magiwind
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Raiji Magiwind » 20 May 2020, 15:25

Jas wrote:
20 May 2020, 15:14
Oh that's interesting

I'm looking to try to get back into it myself but it isn't very active in here. Perhaps you and I could join forces to try to stimulate some activity.

(I'd prefer the SFW version though)

Usually I always chat with the person as far if they want to pursue NSFW and we talked go over limits and stuff as well....

Jas
Retrospective Member
Retrospective Member
United States of America

Post by Jas » 20 May 2020, 15:34

I wasn't judging, suggesting, or implying anything. :)

I just think that if we can maybe get a good RP going people would be more inclined to come in.

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 20 May 2020, 15:43

Hi there Raiji

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Raiji Magiwind
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Raiji Magiwind » 22 May 2020, 20:53

Is not ready for this early heat wave we're about to get here.
And muggy to boot... *Goes to clean out the baseball sized ball of fur from fans and gets them ready*

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 23 May 2020, 21:44

Raiji Magiwind wrote:

Aww not to worry! It's easy to forget things haha :lol:

Raiji Magiwind wrote:
22 May 2020, 20:53
Is not ready for this early heat wave we're about to get here.

Urggh I hate heat too >.< sticky & uncomfortable.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan