Journal of a Bookworm 📖

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Emma
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: Journal of a Bookworm

Post by Emma » 04 Jan 2020, 20:08

Hai Myne! :D

Happy New Year :)

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 08 Jan 2020, 22:35

Thanks for visiting my Journal

I was on vacation for most of the holiday. It sure didn't feel like a vacation. It wasn't R&R it was a working one. There was some R&R though, so that's good.

I had a new task assigned to me today. Wohoo. I have the backbone of the project already completed. Just need to add the front to it, or the GUI.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 12 Jan 2020, 15:26

Yes, it is.

Yesterday I roleplayed with friends over at my place. However, we visited more than we roleplayed, which if fine and fun too. Our poor mage had to cast quite a few powerful spells and ended up exhausted and wanting to rest. We made it through a half a day in our RP.

Today, I'm going to be moving my desk among other things. As it stands its located in inconvenient location in my home. In my basement, same for my washer and dryer, but that's all that's currently in my basement, except some bookshelves that I use.

Point is, besides my desk, I only need to come down into my basement once a week. So I've decided to move my desk upstairs today. I just finished making room for it upstairs. I though about quite a few locations. The best location will take a little work to prepare. I'll need help to set it up. The 2nd best location is what I used, it was really the only other option right now. Other areas I checked just wouldn't work at all. Sighs...

I plan on eventually moving it to the best location. I'll probably ask my brother to help me out with that at some point. In the mean time, I can move it to what will work better for the time being.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 12 Jan 2020, 15:31

I'm a third the way through volume 3 of Part 1 of Ascendance of a Bookworm. Volume 3 is the last book of the First part. The first part is like a Trilogy, it's titled the Daughter of a Soldier. Each book doesn't actually have a title of their own. Truthfully, the first part is pretty much the First Book. However, that book would've been around 1000 pages! You can't something that long a Light Novel. Thus the reason for it being broken up.

My sister borrowed the first two volumes a couple weeks ago, but she hasn't started reading them yet, 'cause her husband won't let her. He wants her to watch TV and movies with him, and right now he's at home whenever she is.
本好きの下剋上

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 14 Jan 2020, 02:27

Bonsai

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 14 Jan 2020, 02:29

I need a handsome bird here

[mention=881]Lolin[/mention] help me, please.

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 14 Jan 2020, 02:59

I suddenly feel a need to play Valkyrie Chronicles again. I should try playing the other two as well, again.

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 14 Jan 2020, 03:00

Felia wrote:I suddenly feel a need to play Valkyrie Chronicles again. I should try playing the other two as well, again.

One of my favourite games. You should take a look at Valkyria Chronicles 4 :)
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Post by lolin » 14 Jan 2020, 03:11

Felia wrote:I need a handsome bird here

[mention=881]Lolin[/mention] help me, please.

sorry i'm an ugly frog

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 14 Jan 2020, 03:15

Teeny wrote:One of my favourite games. You should take a look at Valkyria Chronicles 4 :)
That’s one of the two others I own I was talking about trying to play again. I’m actually not sure why I stopped playing it. I’m thinking probably because I got too busy to play it and never got back to it.

Ryuuko
Knight Member
Knight Member

Post by Ryuuko » 14 Jan 2020, 03:16

Lolin wrote:sorry i'm an ugly frog

Yay, I have one handsome bird in my journal now. Thanks [mention=881]Lolin[/mention]

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 15 Jan 2020, 02:48

I decided to buy an E-reader. For three reasons. E-books are quite a bit cheaper. E-readers are a lot easier to read then phones or tablets. Lastly, marketers need to be killed with extreme prejudice! Light novels are available 6 months early on E-readers.

The last part is simply marketing too entice double purchases. Buy the E when it’s out then the paperback after it comes out. This is unethical and greedy. I do not appreciate these underhanded tactics. That said not all marketers do this, so for the ones that don’t, thank you and for ones that do earn an honest living for once without cheating your customers.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 15 Jan 2020, 02:49

Oh yeah, Felia get out of my journal!
本好きの下剋上

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 15 Jan 2020, 04:01

[mention=1132]Lord Myne[/mention]

Is your nick a spoiler for Ascendance… ?

Also, depending on how you buy your e-books, check if you can make a backup copy somewhere in a format that can be read independently of the device. If not, it might not be worth it, because the books are not yours, you only get a service "access to content". No reselling. No inheritance. There is an issue, they delete your books. The company goes bust, you lose everything.

If they're much cheaper and you only want to read them a couple of times and you're not attached to them, then it's worth considering.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Post by Tanya » 15 Jan 2020, 11:40

I’m buying them from Amazon.

The books are mine, but I can’t sell them.

Since you can get a kindle app on your computer, you can download all of your books to it. So basically anything that has a connection I can download a copy of my purchased books.

Plus it can read any PDF format too.

It’s light and reads well.
本好きの下剋上