Journal of a Bookworm 📖

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Journal of a Bookworm 📖

Post by Tanya » 29 Dec 2020, 12:08

It’s fine and thanks.

^_^

I decided to acquire some new video games since I can’t participate in outdoor activities right now.

Pathfinder Kingmaker is one of them. It’s been out over a year now, so new and not. I never expected games like it to come out again. But it seems they’ve been making a come back as of late. I only played Pathfinder once. It was awhile ago too.
本好きの下剋上

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Journal of a Bookworm 📖

Post by Emotive » 29 Dec 2020, 18:24

Pathfinder sounds like a good game. RPGs are an excellent way to pass the time. So, so, soooo many hours that can be invested into those types of games. lol Is the Pathfinder Kingmaker you got for PC?

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Journal of a Bookworm 📖

Post by Momogari » 30 Dec 2020, 00:58

Lord Myne wrote:
29 Dec 2020, 01:13
Emotive Spirit wrote:
29 Dec 2020, 01:00
You know how far you can push yourself right now without going too far though at least. A few months and you'll be doing flips and cartwheels in no time. :dance:

*hugz* It's good to hear from you again. :)
Doing flips is what got me in the mess to begin with, so I'll probably pass on that. Seems doing flips isn't one of my strong poitns.
I mean. I know for a fact doing flips is not in my future, and I think you've said you're older than me.

sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Journal of a Bookworm 📖

Post by Tanya » 10 Jan 2021, 15:48

Indeed. Flips isn’t something I was planning on. Ultimately I was riding my ATV and was flipped off.
Now I can hardly walk. Which is better since I can walk some now.

Mostly I use crutches to get around. Having your hands already occupied while walking isn’t convenient. Simple things like taking my plate to the table isn’t even an option as I don’t have a free hand to hold it. A rolling chair helps with that. So I’m able to get what I need done but not so easily.

Looks like I’m no longer staff. Well I’m not surprised. I haven’t been around much. Sounds like late March is when I’ll be able to manage walking normal again. I don’t mean running or prolonged. Just good enough for basics. But my point is I’m going to be inactive or not so active until I’m at least back to walking. A lot of time needs to be dedicated to physical therapy.
本好きの下剋上

lambda-sky
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Journal of a Bookworm 📖

Post by lambda-sky » 10 Jan 2021, 17:36

Lord Myne wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 15:48
Having your hands already occupied while walking isn’t convenient. Simple things like taking my plate to the table isn’t even an option as I don’t have a free hand to hold it.
Yosuga no Sora - 02 10.42.jpg

Lord Myne wrote:
Indeed. Flips isn’t something I was planning on. Ultimately I was riding my ATV and was flipped off.
You didn't tell us you got injured is such a cool way :woaw:

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Journal of a Bookworm 📖

Post by Emotive » 10 Jan 2021, 18:31

There's usually a fear of doing it again if you get injured. Do you think you'll be doing anymore ATV driving? Hope your physical therapy continues to go well though. *hugs* :)

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Journal of a Bookworm 📖

Post by Tanya » 12 Jan 2021, 02:50

lambda-sky wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 17:36
Lord Myne wrote:
Having your hands already occupied while walking isn’t convenient. Simple things like taking my plate to the table isn’t even an option as I don’t have a free hand to hold it.
Yosuga no Sora - 02 10.42.jpg
Lord Myne wrote:
You didn't tell us you got injured is such a cool way Image 
Well, admittedly that certainly sounds cool, but it didn't feel cool.  But it was definitely a blast before it happened.

本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Journal of a Bookworm 📖

Post by Tanya » 12 Jan 2021, 02:51

Emotive Spirit wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 18:31
There's usually a fear of doing it again if you get injured. Do you think you'll be doing anymore ATV driving? Hope your physical therapy continues to go well though. *hugs* :)
Oh, yes I want to get back to driving my ATV. But it probably wouldn't hurt to be a bit more cautious. It's not like it's the first time I had a spectacular crash on my ATV. But it certainly first time I was seriously injured.
本好きの下剋上

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Journal of a Bookworm 📖

Post by Tanya » 12 Jan 2021, 02:52

Naughty Kitty wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 21:10
*nods* also hi.
Hi Naughty, it's been too long. How have you been? Hopefully been up to no good and just having a grand ole time.
本好きの下剋上

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Journal of a Bookworm 📖

Post by Emotive » 12 Jan 2021, 03:02

That's a good mentality to have about it. What was the injury though? I'm not really too clear on that part. Unless you don't want to say.

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Journal of a Bookworm 📖

Post by Tanya » 12 Jan 2021, 03:09

Emotive Spirit wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 03:02
That's a good mentality to have about it. What was the injury though? I'm not really too clear on that part. Unless you don't want to say.
I don't really know what the medical term is for it. But where my bone joints meet for my knee, where it sits was fractured dislodging my knee joint. Surgery was required to put it back in place. On top of that my calf's back bone was snapped cleanly in half. I didn't have any bone exposure. Still the injury was fairly nasty,
Last edited by Tanya on 12 Jan 2021, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
本好きの下剋上

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Journal of a Bookworm 📖

Post by Emotive » 12 Jan 2021, 03:28

That made me cringe reading that. D: That must have been so painful. It's amazing that you'd ever want to get on another ATV after a spill like that. I can honestly say I'd be too scared to ever do it again if that happened to me. You're one determined person. *light bearhug* Definitely a strong one. :)

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Journal of a Bookworm 📖

Post by Tanya » 06 Feb 2021, 00:58

Well I changed my name back to Tanya, so I'm no longer sporting the name Lord Myne.

I did quick change for my Avatar, later I'll update it to something better. But it's not bad, considering.
本好きの下剋上

lambda-sky
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Journal of a Bookworm 📖

Post by lambda-sky » 06 Feb 2021, 10:18

You're the only person who has lived in japan so it's not too hard to track you through name changes :P

Tanya
Bookworm Member
Bookworm Member
Japan

Journal of a Bookworm 📖

Post by Tanya » 07 Feb 2021, 15:07

lambda-sky wrote:
06 Feb 2021, 10:18
You're the only person who has lived in japan so it's not too hard to track you through name changes :P
it’s true that I lived in Japan when I joined AL but I’m sure there are others who are still around who lived in Japan previously or even now.

Did you remember that or did you use one of my past IP addresses?

There were when I joined. Two of my friends were on AL that asked a few of us to join. Only three of us did but all of lived in Japan at the time. The other two didn’t stick around. The 2 that asked me to join left AL about a year or two after I joined. So those two that requested I join and my other friends who had are no longer around. I believe their AL names were purged as well.

I guess that may mean that I’m the only one that’s a member that’s still active that lived in Japan.
本好きの下剋上