Flighty Dreams and Harebrained Schemes {PortgasDAce}

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Flighty Dreams and Harebrained Schemes {PortgasDAce}

Post by PortgasDAce » 22 Nov 2019, 08:52

Hi you guys. I'm a typically introverted person, but I've been trying to get more comfortable chatting with people by roaming around social media. I thought I'd try my hand at making a journal to get to know you guys, and to practice my social skills. :)

Name: My real name is Alex, but you can call me that or Ace or any fun nickname you can come up with.

Hobbies: Other than watching anime, I spend a lot of time watching YouTube videos and catching up with shows on Hulu (E.g.: Empire and Grey's Anatomy)

Occupation: NEET at the moment. I have no idea where I'll end up job-wise.

Favorite Things: Food (I love Italian and fried chicken, but budget wise ramen with ketchup and Hungry Man fried chicken dinners have become my comfort food), traveling, reddit reaction videos on YouTube. I don't get to see them often, but I love going to see musicals.

Random Facts: I read and re-read One-Piece self-insert fanfiction featuring a certain fire-wielding pirate, and not all of it's safe for work. *lol*

Random Fact #2: I have a boyfriend of 8 years.

Let me know if there's anything you're curious about! I don't really have any rules here, I just want to chat with you guys. :) Hopefully I have some interesting things to add about my daily life at some point. XD

It's good to be here!
“The nation that neglects social inequality, mischievously increases military budgets, and then uses its power internally to suppress the citizens on the pretext of invasion by an external enemy is on the road to extinction.”
 Yang Wen-Li.

Pixiedora
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Re: Flighty Dreams and Harebrained Schemes {PortgasDAce}

Post by Pixiedora » 22 Nov 2019, 09:24

Yay a new journal! Lovely introduction :D Yay for another musical fan! Do you have any faves?

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 22 Nov 2019, 09:35

Pixiedora wrote:Yay a new journal! Lovely introduction :D Yay for another musical fan! Do you have any faves?

Thank you! Sometimes I have trouble coming up with things to add. *lol*

As for musicals, I want to say Wicked and Phantom of the Opera are my favorites. How about you?
“The nation that neglects social inequality, mischievously increases military budgets, and then uses its power internally to suppress the citizens on the pretext of invasion by an external enemy is on the road to extinction.”
 Yang Wen-Li.

Pixiedora
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Pixiedora » 22 Nov 2019, 09:36

PortgasDAce wrote:Thank you! Sometimes I have trouble coming up with things to add. *lol*

As for musicals, I want to say Wicked and Phantom of the Opera are my favorites. How about you?

I know it's hard trying to think of what to say in these sorts of things!

My ultimate fave is Wicked too :D I even have a Wicked tattoo :lol: I also love Hamilton, DEH and Heathers.

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 22 Nov 2019, 09:57

Pixiedora wrote:I know it's hard trying to think of what to say in these sorts of things!

My ultimate fave is Wicked too :D I even have a Wicked tattoo :lol: I also love Hamilton, DEH and Heathers.

Ooh, what does the tattoo look like?

I've had the Hamilton playlist on my YouTube for ages and I still haven't listened to it yet. *lol* I'm such a bum! I heard DEH was another good one too. I haven't heard Heathers yet either. Looks like I'm going to have a lot of new music for my I-pod. *lol*
 Yang Wen-Li.

Pixiedora
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Pixiedora » 22 Nov 2019, 11:52

PortgasDAce wrote:Ooh, what does the tattoo look like?

I've had the Hamilton playlist on my YouTube for ages and I still haven't listened to it yet. *lol* I'm such a bum! I heard DEH was another good one too. I haven't heard Heathers yet either. Looks like I'm going to have a lot of new music for my I-pod. *lol*

It's 'For Good' on my ribs :D My fave song. What's your fave from Wicked?

You should defo listen to both yes! Have you seen Greatest Showman? DEH is done by the same people :)

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 22 Nov 2019, 12:44

Welcome to Journals [mention=117579]PortgasDAce[/mention]! ^^

I've just moved to the USA for 3 months. What state are you in? :)
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 22 Nov 2019, 15:55

Pixiedora wrote:It's 'For Good' on my ribs :D My fave song. What's your fave from Wicked?

You should defo listen to both yes! Have you seen Greatest Showman? DEH is done by the same people :)

I want to say it's a tie between Defying Gravity and For Good. :jpop:

I sure have! Oh I definitely have to hear the soundtrack now!
 Yang Wen-Li.

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 22 Nov 2019, 15:56

Teeny wrote:Welcome to Journals @PortgasDAce ! ^^

I've just moved to the USA for 3 months. What state are you in? :)

Thank you! It's good to be here. :)

I'm in Michigan. Where are you at?
 Yang Wen-Li.

Pixiedora
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Post by Pixiedora » 22 Nov 2019, 16:03

PortgasDAce wrote:I want to say it's a tie between Defying Gravity and For Good. :jpop:

I sure have! Oh I definitely have to hear the soundtrack now!

Very good choices!

Well if you do let me know what you think :D

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 22 Nov 2019, 16:09

Pixiedora wrote:Very good choices!

Well if you do let me know what you think :D

Why thank you. :)

You'll be the first to know!
 Yang Wen-Li.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 22 Nov 2019, 21:11

My stepdad's from Michigan. I recently moved to North Carolina. Glad I didn't move anywhere colder.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 23 Nov 2019, 01:59

Momogari wrote:My stepdad's from Michigan. I recently moved to North Carolina. Glad I didn't move anywhere colder.

Yeah, it's pretty cold over here. Although I just went out in shorts because I was too lazy to change. *lol*

How's the weather your way?
 Yang Wen-Li.

PortgasDAce
Standard Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by PortgasDAce » 23 Nov 2019, 02:02

So I went to the dollar store today with $10, so I was feeling rich. *lol* I ended up getting apple juice, orange slices (candy), cookies, cupcakes, cashews, 2 bags of Milky ways, and 3 bags of Hershey kisses (Cookies and Cream). I got a bag of Sour Cream and Onion chips too. Gotta have that self-care. XD
 Yang Wen-Li.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 23 Nov 2019, 03:11

PortgasDAce wrote:Yeah, it's pretty cold over here. Although I just went out in shorts because I was too lazy to change. *lol*

How's the weather your way?

Well you know. all the leaves are brown and the sky is gray. It's like that. Every day. It's either moist and mildly cold or windy and very cold.

PortgasDAce wrote:So I went to the dollar store today with $10, so I was feeling rich. *lol* I ended up getting apple juice, orange slices (candy), cookies, cupcakes, cashews, 2 bags of Milky ways, and 3 bags of Hershey kisses (Cookies and Cream). I got a bag of Sour Cream and Onion chips too. Gotta have that self-care. XD
Everyone needs self-care. Certain people here need to learn that.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue