My Fate is in The Cards

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Basically Deleted
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Re: My Fate is in The Cards

Post by Basically Deleted » 13 Mar 2019, 04:26

[mention=100291]Fate[/mention]
drill's recommendations are always top tier. I should know xD
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Come roleplay with us in Tempest~

Fate
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Fate » 13 Mar 2019, 04:42

drill wrote:Sounds like it does pick up soonish. Might pick it back up sometime then. Not starting over as not a huge fan of the randomly generated dungeons in P3/P4, and still remember most of the main points that happened. Already locked on Yukiko's route though (unless you can switch later?).

If by route you mean social link lv 10 no you can't switch your choice but if you playing vanilla P4 playing all the routes doesnt do anything. If your on golden I adds a scene but thats it

drill wrote: Oh! I always have suggestions xP What looks good coming up this season imo:

Kenja no Mago - Isekai with actual romance (not harem). Manga is pretty good.
Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san - This might be the most relaxing manga I have ever read, really hoping the anime could be even better.
Bungo Stray Dogs 3 - Really enjoyable super power series. Haven't watched in a few years though, so will probably need to rewatch soon to remember what is even going on.

Nice I'll keep them in mind and yeah isekai as a harem is overdone imo needs a rest lol

Fate
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Fate » 13 Mar 2019, 04:43

Ryuji wrote:[mention=100291]Fate[/mention]
drill's recommendations are always top tier. I should know xD

good to know!

Nova
Veteran Member

Post by Nova » 13 Mar 2019, 04:44

Harem you say

drill
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by drill » 13 Mar 2019, 05:08

Fate wrote:If by route you mean social link lv 10 no you can't switch your choice but if you playing vanilla P4 playing all the routes doesnt do anything. If your on golden I adds a scene but thats it
Playing Golden, and think I was only on level 9 social link? Will have to recheck. Definitely not worth starting over just for a scene though, can just watch a different scene online if that is the case.

Fate wrote:Nice I'll keep them in mind and yeah isekai as a harem is overdone imo needs a rest lol
Very true xP If you ever want more recs of stuff that has already aired, or manga (more like especially manga), always up for sharing.

Btw, have you ever played Trails of Cold Steel before? The series is getting ported over to the PS4 slowly this year with lots more voice acting and some other extras added. Really a great jrpg series (really long though). Like I have spent 110 hours just between the first two Cold Steel games, and there are still two more left that need to be translated. As all 4 games are all 1 continuous story, wouldn't be surprised if in total it surpassed 200 hours.

Fate
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Fate » 13 Mar 2019, 05:23

drill wrote: Btw, have you ever played Trails of Cold Steel before? The series is getting ported over to the PS4 slowly this year with lots more voice acting and some other extras added. Really a great jrpg series (really long though). Like I have spent 110 hours just between the first two Cold Steel games, and there are still two more left that need to be translated. As all 4 games are all 1 continuous story, wouldn't be surprised if in total it surpassed 200 hours.

Funny you menton that I got 1+2 for ps3 and like a week later they annouced the ps4 version so I was like welp I got some sealed game to trade at my anime conventions swap meet I guess

drill
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by drill » 13 Mar 2019, 05:30

Fate wrote:Funny you menton that I got 1+2 for ps3 and like a week later they annouced the ps4 version so I was like welp I got some sealed game to trade at my anime conventions swap meet I guess

haha, wow that luck. At least they are sealed still. Hope you enjoy the series when you do eventually play it!

You go to anime conventions? That is neat. I am near the capital (dont really think they have those where I am, could be wrong), and just generally am really bad about sharing like any of my interests offline. Do go to the Japanese festivals in the area with family that just happen to have some anime stuff here and there though. What do they typically have at the anime conventions you go to?

Fate
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Fate » 14 Mar 2019, 03:22

drill wrote:haha, wow that luck. At least they are sealed still. Hope you enjoy the series when you do eventually play it!

You go to anime conventions? That is neat. I am near the capital (dont really think they have those where I am, could be wrong), and just generally am really bad about sharing like any of my interests offline. Do go to the Japanese festivals in the area with family that just happen to have some anime stuff here and there though. What do they typically have at the anime conventions you go to?

[mention=84697]drill[/mention] if you mean DC depends which way you're near. New England Anime Association has them all over the NE states but I get what you're saying most my friends with anime interests are a distance from me sucks living on an island full of people not your age lol. My cons pretty fun its about size of a football stadium field. 3 floors one floor is dealers room aka anime mall 2nd has art gallery, meet the voice actors (I go to these a lot) concerts ect. 3rd floor 3 theaters with premieres and a game room akin to evo with sometimes games before they're out

What a is JP festival like?

drill
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by drill » 14 Mar 2019, 05:38

Fate wrote:[mention=84697]drill[/mention] if you mean DC depends which way you're near. New England Anime Association has them all over the NE states but I get what you're saying most my friends with anime interests are a distance from me sucks living on an island full of people not your age lol. My cons pretty fun its about size of a football stadium field. 3 floors one floor is dealers room aka anime mall 2nd has art gallery, meet the voice actors (I go to these a lot) concerts ect. 3rd floor 3 theaters with premieres and a game room akin to evo with sometimes games before they're out

What a is JP festival like?

Meeting with VAs and concerts sound pretty fun. I have a pretty niche taste in music though, so not sure how that would go.

JP festival has a ton of different booths, and usually some live performances of a variation of musicians throughout the day. Some are set up a bit more where you can freely walk around and they have staged katana fighting and stuff, whereas the other JP festival I've been to has a lot more hands on arts and crafts, and historical games from Japan. They both do have their own anime sections, as that is obviously a big thing in Japan, and I typically like to see what all they are selling. Have gotten a pretty good Umi Love Live figure in one of the festivals one year, and Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, and Persona 5 posters another year. There are still people that cosplay to these actually, so it is kinda a toned down version of what it'd normally be like at an anime convention I guess?

NataliaJulia
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by NataliaJulia » 16 Mar 2019, 03:09

Hi [mention=100291]Fate[/mention] , how are you doing? :)

Fate
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Fate » 17 Mar 2019, 03:21

drill wrote:Meeting with VAs and concerts sound pretty fun. I have a pretty niche taste in music though, so not sure how that would go.

JP festival has a ton of different booths, and usually some live performances of a variation of musicians throughout the day. Some are set up a bit more where you can freely walk around and they have staged katana fighting and stuff, whereas the other JP festival I've been to has a lot more hands on arts and crafts, and historical games from Japan. They both do have their own anime sections, as that is obviously a big thing in Japan, and I typically like to see what all they are selling. Have gotten a pretty good Umi Love Live figure in one of the festivals one year, and Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, and Persona 5 posters another year. There are still people that cosplay to these actually, so it is kinda a toned down version of what it'd normally be like at an anime convention I guess?

Oh that's cool the katana fighting and traditional stuff I'm into that stuff but con doesn't do that. Sounds like a good time.

Fate
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Fate » 17 Mar 2019, 03:23

[mention=111496]NataliaJulia[/mention] I'm alright can't complain too much lol how are thing over there?

Fate
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Fate » 20 Mar 2019, 03:20

Got to love it when your own government fesses up they didn't check facts but makes you redo everything and cuts you off anyway. Reason? We can't correct a different department we hired to check the facts... WTF lol

Nova
Veteran Member

Post by Nova » 20 Mar 2019, 12:58

[mention=100291]Fate[/mention] im still not done visiting you

NataliaJulia
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by NataliaJulia » 20 Mar 2019, 20:49

Fate wrote:[mention=111496]NataliaJulia[/mention] I'm alright can't complain too much lol how are thing over there?

I'm fine. I just noticed that it's Joker on your avatar. What do you think of the anime, have you seen it?