Lets Nep things up, Elgood style!

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Re: Lets Nep things up, Elgood style!

Post by Elgood81 » 19 Mar 2020, 22:33

Had myself a lovely shift Tuesday night. I was assaulted trying to stop a shoplifter. well i say assaulted, the little 14 year old "darling" spat in my face. Basically we have a problem with the foster kids from the local foster home in that they'll come into the store every day and steal wine. Company policy is that we don't put ourselves at risk and just observe shoplifters and then call the police. In this case that's not working, so Tuesday night when two of them came into store to steal from us I moved myself so that I was near the door to stop them. And stop them I did, when the one carrying the two bottles of prosecco tries to run past me I grabbed for the bottles. only at first I didn't get hold of the bottles, I caught hold of her hood and used that to stop her from running so that I could grab hold of the bottles. I managed to take one from them but they where determined that they where getting the second. I wouldn't let go of the second bottle and then the girl started screaming at me "let go of me, (I had hold of the bottle, not her) I'll get you done for assault" and that's when she spat in my face. I said nothing and just continued to hold onto the bottle while they tried to get it from me. (like a pro wrestler is going to release a hold of something) It was only when our store manager came over and told me to let go that they got away. They've not been back since cos I think the shock of someone actually doing something to stop them was enough to make them stay away.

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 19 Mar 2020, 23:23

Elgood81 wrote:well, in case your wondering, yes i am still alive. Just been really busy with work. just lately they've been putting me on later and later shifts. And now with coronavirus being a thing and people panic buying because They’ve got nothing better to do work has got super busy now. I mean take for example today we had a pallet turn up with 90 units of toilet roll on it, and we decided so that the older generation can get some we’d Ration the toilet rolls out to one pack per household. In less than an hour and a half the whole pallet was gone. On the plus side one of my next cosplays turned up last week and I shall be using it this weekend. It’s a fatgum Hoodie. I think it looks okay but I could use losing a little weight so that it’s not so snug. You guys be the judge. I also ordered the buttons for my other cosplayer idea that I will be doing at the summer LAGC (if it goes ahead).You’re just have to wait and see what that what is although I think I told [mention=113974]Luffynatsu87[/mention] what it is already

Anyway here’s a picture of me wearing the fatgum hoodie.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63459[/ATTACH]

Oh, that's an amazing cosplay idea. I'm looking forward to it. I wonder how it will look like with the mask on.

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 20 Mar 2020, 09:57

Awful that happened to you at work, hope you're okay.
Being spat on is nasty, especially atm with corona going around.
Take care John.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Post by Teeny » 06 Apr 2020, 22:54

How are you doing John?
Hope work is okay despite circumstances.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

xMommaWickedx
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by xMommaWickedx » 07 Apr 2020, 10:22

Elgood81 wrote:Had myself a lovely shift Tuesday night. I was assaulted trying to stop a shoplifter. well i say assaulted, the little 14 year old "darling" spat in my face. Basically we have a problem with the foster kids from the local foster home in that they'll come into the store every day and steal wine. Company policy is that we don't put ourselves at risk and just observe shoplifters and then call the police. In this case that's not working, so Tuesday night when two of them came into store to steal from us I moved myself so that I was near the door to stop them. And stop them I did, when the one carrying the two bottles of prosecco tries to run past me I grabbed for the bottles. only at first I didn't get hold of the bottles, I caught hold of her hood and used that to stop her from running so that I could grab hold of the bottles. I managed to take one from them but they where determined that they where getting the second. I wouldn't let go of the second bottle and then the girl started screaming at me "let go of me, (I had hold of the bottle, not her) I'll get you done for assault" and that's when she spat in my face. I said nothing and just continued to hold onto the bottle while they tried to get it from me. (like a pro wrestler is going to release a hold of something) It was only when our store manager came over and told me to let go that they got away. They've not been back since cos I think the shock of someone actually doing something to stop them was enough to make them stay away.
Wow. *smh*. I am sorry to hear that you have to deal with that.

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 10 Apr 2020, 23:56

How are you doing? Everything alright w.r.t. the virus?

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 12 Apr 2020, 13:06

xXxWickedNekoxXx wrote:Wow. *smh*. I am sorry to hear that you have to deal with that.
Yeah I know but we got a result in the end. So they tried to steal from us again and ran with 3 bottles of prosecco and two toblerones so we called the police. There was two officers in town making sure that people follow the governments social distancing guidelines and they where able to come over to us quickly and catch them! They got marched back into store to return the goods they had stolen and then taken back to the foster home where the police issued them a letter saying that if they come into our store again, They will be arrested on the spot.

unoduetre wrote:How are you doing? Everything alright w.r.t. the virus?
I'm feeling much better today than I was yesterday. I had a banging headache all day yesterday and it just wouldn't go away,wihch wasn't helped by the guys that i live with cos they played loud music all day. I'll be glad once this lockdown is over though. as much as I like being at home, I miss being able to go places when I have a few days off from work (like this weekend for example cos I'm not back at work till Tuesday). what about you? how are things going for you?

unoduetre
Veteran Member
Poland

Achievements

Post by unoduetre » 12 Apr 2020, 14:09

I'm pretty good, thanks! Everyone is healthy in my family, so no big issues here. Only shopping is sometimes a bit more unpredictable. Keep doing a good job in the retail! Thank you very much!

Also…

I would like to wish you happy Easter. May your heart be full of love, joy, and endless hope!

[attachment=1]pisanki.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
pisanki.jpg
pisanki.jpg (180.1 KiB) Viewed 2047 times

xMommaWickedx
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by xMommaWickedx » 14 Apr 2020, 23:05

Finally! I am glad to hear that

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 16 Apr 2020, 19:43

xXxWickedNekoxXx wrote:Finally! I am glad to hear that

Yeah but it gets better, So yesterday the foster home ran the store to tell us that the girls had got out and where in town and sure enough yesterday afternoon they came in and stole a case of fosters lager. the police where called and copies of the CCTV where taken. This morning the two girls (bearing in mind they're only 14 and 13) where arrested for shoplifting. I think now they've been arrested they should stop but i can honestly see them doing it again and being arrested again for it

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 16 Apr 2020, 19:59

The attachment NEP 1.gif is no longer available
Attachments
NEP 1.gif
NEP 1.gif (94.06 KiB) Viewed 4361 times

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 16 Apr 2020, 20:15

PharaohAtem wrote:[ATTACH=CONFIG]64063[/ATTACH]

Hehehehe, nep always brightens my day

how's things atem? *hugs*

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 16 Apr 2020, 20:29

I'm doing pretty good, how about yourself?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Elgood81
Nep-Nep Member
Nep-Nep Member
Great Britain

Post by Elgood81 » 19 Apr 2020, 19:46

PharaohAtem wrote:I'm doing pretty good, how about yourself?

Mentally I'm okay. physically, the extra shifts and longer hours are starting to take they're toll on me. I'm tired most of the time and my ankles are pretty much shot to hell

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Post by Momogari » 25 Apr 2020, 13:40

I assume you see the neptunia steam sale
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue