Of Timelords & Treason (Kimi/PT's ALJ)

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 17 Mar 2021, 00:23

Streaming like a stream

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 17 Mar 2021, 11:12

I may have fallen for the GAP situation of new streamers xD

(Get All Products) XD

I was planning on using phone (it's okay, but not great), but have ordered a C922, which is due to be delivered between 22nd and 26th of this month. So can get better resolution/FPS (30fps at 1080, 60 fps at 720, as opposed to just about getting 30 fps at either by phone)

Elgato Wave:1 Mic , lots of acoustic foam squares, some nice spacey canvas pics (to add colour/ break up the wall of black foam panels) (Which ultimately I don't think will end up in the camera view anyway xD), cheap mic arm for the mic, cheap usb light to light my face better (I keep going to buy key light air, which is £130, but stopping myself last minute... so far xD), Green screen fabric (cheapish, but fair quality - £20) (which is only going to work for half of the camera image, given layout currently, and because I haven't paid for a stand/large enough stand to hang it up properly (it's hanging over wardrobe doors, and draping to side a bit xD), Stream deck (standard, as XL I wanted is out of stock, and currently being scalped at £100+ above it's actual price on amazon/ebay/etc). For most part software is free stuff, though have paid £20 for editor used for making youtube thumbnails/etc (which isn't too bad). Debating on buying a proper overlay/icon set(s) (£30 for full image set). Not going for emotes/etc, since they're ridonkulously expensive (~£6 per emote you want to add to channel for use in streams, if you buy 12 plus, if only buying one or two it's nearly £10 per emote).

I do want to get mount stuff for the webcam, (elgato multi mount bits), but most of those are out of stock until sometime in next month or so. Largely as I'm going to have to mount the cam on monitor until I get that, but desk is a little wobbly, more so when using steering wheel/ gear stick, so camera feed is gonna be all over the place unless I can mount separate from the desk xD
AL Journals - Create your own personal space on AL Here!
Arts, Cosplay & Writing - You should check this out!
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 17 Mar 2021, 19:46

You're pretty dedicated to this project. I don't really understand frames per second but I never read up on it or anything. Just those expenses sounds... well... expensive. But omg I'd love to be able to afford to do all that. Hope you can get everything in working order, Kimi! ^.^

Oh, and how are you today? :)

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 18 Mar 2021, 11:48

I'm doing alright.

I may be over-investing tbh, given my actual thoughts on doing it xD But time will tell.

also - yay, I'm on much faster internets. (Was on Virgin's '100' speed, but was struggling to get 20 at times. New hub arrived today, and funnily enough got the messages telling me the expected slot (from yodel >>) half an hour after they had already delivered it xD.

Currently now getting 370 down (technically it's a 350 down pack, but can get speeds up to 380). But I'm only getting 5 up, compared to the 35-40 up I'm supposed to be getting. But better than the 0.3 up I was getting yesterday xD
You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 18 Mar 2021, 11:55

Lol. Now getting several texts from Virgin media telling me my new speed has been activated, and I can set up my equipment/etc.

Given it was an upgrade, not a full install, the upgrade speed they are texting me about being activated, and to go ahead and set up, was itself activated by me already installing the new hub.

(As the new hub 3 has a 30 min setup, where it lets them know it's connected/ gets configured/ which triggers the speed increase unlock automatically but the action of being setup/connected ).

So I'm being told to install the hub to get my new speed, but the notifications and speed were in fact triggered by me already having installed the hub in question half an hour prior.

Also only niggle - I lost 15 mins of internet times, becuase they state the 'solid white power light' indicates it's good to go. Said light is actually orange/yellow, not white, so I thought it was still setting up when it was finished xD (It's closer in colour to a standard yellow/brown elastic band, than white paper sheets. Both items happening to be sitting right by the indicator light in question xD

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 18 Mar 2021, 22:31

Glad you're doing good. :dance: Always the best answer to hear. ^.^

Does it just mean it's on standby? If not then why isn't it solid white?

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 18 Mar 2021, 22:38

It's solid 'white', as it's a power light, so it shows the hub is on and working (other lights light up red or green depending on issues/ updates/etc),

Just the white isn't actually white. Though looking at the virgin page, it can be yellow or white, but both mean it's working, so don't know. It works, so that's all that matter :)

Thinking about it, given it can also be red or green, might just be the build, so the white light is slightly reflecting off the yellow bulb that'll be inside (for it to light up yellow), giving the white a yellow tint, whilst not being fully yellow lit. (or reflecting slightly off red same thing.)

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 18 Mar 2021, 23:16

That doesn't sound very consistent on their part. /: But you're right, as long as it's working there's not really anything to say. lol

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 19 Mar 2021, 09:53

Daily update (not to be expected going forward xD)

I don't really like coffee without milk.
However, as I have no milk, or milk whitener powder alternative, I have no option but to drink black coffee :/

1st world problems xD

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 19 Mar 2021, 10:25

Update - It's raining, so don't want to go out to get milk.

So got McBreakfast delivered, and had one of the drinks for one of the meals as milk, so I now have enough milk for a few coffees xD (Pointless ordering a latte as normal, since I've just finished a coffee anyway xD)

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 19 Mar 2021, 10:43

Pirate TimeLord wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 10:25
Update - It's raining, so don't want to go out to get milk.

So got McBreakfast delivered, and had one of the drinks for one of the meals as milk, so I now have enough milk for a few coffees xD (Pointless ordering a latte as normal, since I've just finished a coffee anyway xD)

Ohhh now I want Maccies Breakfast :P Bit late now though
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 19 Mar 2021, 12:04

You still had 17 mins when you posted - brekkie is until 11am nowadays with maccies.

Slightly disappointed - I ordered one bacon roll, and one breakfast roll (basically the wrap, but done in a roll instead).

they sent two bacon rolls :( I paid an extra 10p for the cheese I didn't get! (let alone the sausage and egg replacing two of the bacon rashers) xD.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 19 Mar 2021, 13:25

I’d be complaining - cant mess up breakfast!!!
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

Pirate TimeLord
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by Pirate TimeLord » 19 Mar 2021, 13:41

Eh. Sod's law - one time I pre-mark it as full marks on just-eat, and they got it wrong, but I had already said it was great, so can't complain after that xD

If it was more than 10p difference, I would have done more, but for sake of 10p, it's not the end of the world. I've wasted a lot more money on streaming kit/setup so far xD

Emotive
Nostalgic Move
Nostalgic Move
United States of America

Post by Emotive » 19 Mar 2021, 17:20

lol

Sorry for having to drink black coffee though. That's the monster of bitterness. >.<