GraceMellody's Sparkling Orange Cult

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 27 Jul 2022, 23:07

GraceMellody wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 12:24
lolin wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 21:35
sleep? do you not know how newborns work
i have learned that if he stays awake more in the day then he is more likely to sleep longer at night
but i definitely cant wait until his tummy is big enough to last him a good 6-8 hours lol

It'll come quicker than you think. I'm a light sleeper, so I used to do all the night feeds for my boys. A couple of feeds made up in a refrigerated box. 2 thermos of hot water. As soon as I heard them moving, start heating a feed using the hot water. Get them up, fed, winded, changed and back down without waking the missus. Worked like a charm, cos they never really fully woke up. Next thing you know, sleeping through the night, and yes keeping them awake will help, but you have to put the work in keeping them entertained.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 01 Aug 2022, 09:59

LikkleMel wrote:
27 Jul 2022, 22:31
GraceMellody wrote:
27 Jul 2022, 20:46
PeskyEllis wrote:
27 Jul 2022, 20:42
But if I don't eat how can I look after little man
you’re working Friday anyway so I will be :p

get maccies :P
Honestly it's depressing cause my local maccies doesnt deliver so we have to order from the one next to the motorway but its always cold! another reason i need to learn to drive lol
~UK Artist, Idol & Mother~
@MelodiqueArt

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 01 Aug 2022, 10:01

Ojisama wrote:
27 Jul 2022, 23:07
GraceMellody wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 12:24
lolin wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 21:35
sleep? do you not know how newborns work
i have learned that if he stays awake more in the day then he is more likely to sleep longer at night
but i definitely cant wait until his tummy is big enough to last him a good 6-8 hours lol

It'll come quicker than you think. I'm a light sleeper, so I used to do all the night feeds for my boys. A couple of feeds made up in a refrigerated box. 2 thermos of hot water. As soon as I heard them moving, start heating a feed using the hot water. Get them up, fed, winded, changed and back down without waking the missus. Worked like a charm, cos they never really fully woke up. Next thing you know, sleeping through the night, and yes keeping them awake will help, but you have to put the work in keeping them entertained.
We're quite lucky that he's decided he prefers room temperature bottles - spits out warm ones since the heatwave. So it means we can just prep 6 bottles with cooled boiled water at a time from the steriliser and then we just need to add the formula. Made nights a million times easier, and helped during the day too as it means we can always have bottles ready
@MelodiqueArt

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 03 Aug 2022, 22:59

Forrest is 7 weeks today c:
@MelodiqueArt

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 05 Aug 2022, 01:08

So I realised I have plans for the next 3 weekends in a row and its just like ahhhh im getting a normal life back c:
was hoping to restart the gym this month too but ive got so much to do that i think ill wait til late september after the few cons ive got planned are over
@MelodiqueArt

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 08 Aug 2022, 22:30

cramps hurty
@MelodiqueArt

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 10 Aug 2022, 04:25

Cant sleep and it’s 5:30am :’’)
@MelodiqueArt

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 16 Aug 2022, 16:54

ok so forrest was very upset and clingy after hs reflex test (they literally pretend to drop the baby its heartbreaking to watch) and in pain after his vaccines so those were a tough few days

then he was upset and off his milk with the heatwave so another tough few days

and now that its finally cooling down and hes calmer im coming down with something
why is life like this
@MelodiqueArt

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 16 Aug 2022, 17:19

Life's never a straight line, it's all over the place. My neise can step a step then falls, she's close to walking. Babies they like to put everything in thete mouth.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 28 Sep 2022, 12:28

A lot has happened over the last month or so

Went to Rakucon for a day, not that good of an experience so I doubt I’ll return. Best bit was seeing @LikkleMel and her meeting Forrest

Towards the end of august I got to see my brother and his partner, as well as a terminal family friend who were trying to see more often

Beginning of September I had sheffield con - and my first art table! I sold my own stuff and some of Mels, and did pretty well for my first event! It was really helpful to learn what was and wasnt popular

I had Blackburn comic con two weeks later which was only a one day event but I brought a better variety based on what sold well at Sheffield and sold more despite it only being a one day event, so I’m really confident.

Unfortunately last week I lost my fur baby, Blaze. We took her to the vets on the 12th, and on the 13th we found out she had cancer. They let us bring her home but warned us she might deteriorate quickly. She did unfortunately, so we rang up Thursday evening and on Friday the vet gave us an appointment for Monday 19th. I won’t go into too much detail, but I was very happy I was there to hold her in her last moments. It just still hurts that it’s real though. She really is as important to me as human family, she kept me going through my worst bouts of depression and it’s hard knowing she’s not here. We got back her ashes last night, which I’m keeping by my bed now. I’ll always be with her

I also found out I think yesterday or the day before that the previously mentioned terminal family member has had his predicted lifespan shortened drastically , so I’ve been pretty busy helping my parents (he’s my dad’s best friend, and his wife is my mums best friend)

In baby news, Forrest is up to size 3 nappies now, drinking 7oz every 3-4 hours during the day but sleeps well overnight now. He smiles whenever he sees family faces now and has started to giggle properly for me and Ellis. He’s been babbling a lot more too, and is really close to rolling over on his own
@MelodiqueArt

Ojisama
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by Ojisama » 28 Sep 2022, 12:39

Sorry to hear about the heart aching moments, but it is good to hear that Forrest is doing well.

It was great to see you at Sheffield, and I am pleased that things went well for you.
To those just starting on the journey of life I say...
Bang your own drum. Walk your own path. Live wildly. Love fiercely. 
As you near the end, look back with no regrets.

LikkleMel
TimeLord Member
TimeLord Member
Great Britain

Post by LikkleMel » 01 Oct 2022, 23:01

I still need to make more stuff for liverpool, but honestly love the slay badges!

Have you been watching the new drag race UK?
~Let our bodies lay, mark our hearts with shame
Let our blood in vain, you find God in pain~

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 25 Oct 2022, 21:57

LikkleMel wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 23:01
I still need to make more stuff for liverpool, but honestly love the slay badges!

Have you been watching the new drag race UK?
Me and Ellis have been watching it and im actually really enjoying it c:
@MelodiqueArt

GraceMellody
Veteran Member
Great Britain

Post by GraceMellody » 25 Oct 2022, 21:59

Life has been kinda crazy lately, family friend has taken a turn for the worst, cousin is going to give birth any day, and me and Ellis are trying to finish getting the house sorted so we don't have anything left to do by Christmas

The last con of the year for us is on the 5th so after that I should hopefully actually have some time to relax! For now it's just a waiting game for the calls from family..
@MelodiqueArt

PharaohAtem
Atem Rank
Atem Rank
United States of America

Post by PharaohAtem » 26 Oct 2022, 00:08

Sorry to hear that. *hugs*

ImageImageImageImageImageImage