Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Where you can keep a diary of your life. Only one topic per member, please!

Moderators: djd001, LikkleMel, Noodle

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 21 Nov 2021, 21:31

Alright, I've completed my christmas shopping for now.

I am planning on making mole, though, for some gifts. I need to make time to do that. And figure out how I'm going to roast peppers without a grill.
I don't know the recipes I'll be using yet.
But even if the recipe doesn't call for it, I'm going to roast some peppers.

Oh yeah food. Umm. I ate some frozen egg rolls. Well I cooked them first.
My mother offloaded a bunch of random frozen food on me so I figured I'd eat some of it instead of making something.

Although I took a big chunk of flank steak out of the freezer and put it in the fridge. My plan is to make something with it, but I don't know what yet.
sig art by hiranko sticker credits: Yaji sazi Manoue

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 21 Nov 2021, 22:17

Between christmas shopping and cleaning my carpet, I actually had a decently productive weekend. Much more than I usually do, anyway.

Tera
Korea South

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Tera » 24 Nov 2021, 00:13

Best food I have eaten for the day? KitKat. Not food per se, but close enough. I do like the occasional sweet. If asking about actual food: Simple Pasta- except not the tomato sauce type. The beef-sauce type.

Just stopping by to say 'Hello' and awesome theme journal. I approve. :)

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 24 Nov 2021, 21:44

Tera wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 00:13
Best food I have eaten for the day? KitKat. Not food per se, but close enough. I do like the occasional sweet. If asking about actual food: Simple Pasta- except not the tomato sauce type. The beef-sauce type.

Just stopping by to say 'Hello' and awesome theme journal. I approve. :)
Well hello Tera.
That's a new name.
By virtue of my having been here for 15 years and it being rare that new people stay long, my first thought was "ok, who changed their name?" but no, you're actually new I gather. Welcome.

Noodles with beef sauce. I do like beef and broccoli. And beef chow fun. If that's the beef sauce you mean, then yes, I like that too.

Today I got off work early. Our CEO likes to do that on the day before holidays, so I should have expected it but didn't. My project schedules will not be perfectly happy with me getting off early and I do tend to take that attitude myself so my reaction upon hearing I had the rest of the day off was worry. I guess it's fine though. Just gut reactions. I didn't stay.
Am I a workaholic? I don't think so. I just care about my work.
Anyway I joined my parents for lunch at a mexican restaurant and had Enchiladas Suizas de Camarones, that is to say, 'Swiss' shrimp enchiladas and I still have no idea what swiss enchiladas means but I think it must be fuck not knowing I have googled it. Swiss style I guess is just a type of spicy creamy salsa verde and it actually came from Swiss immigrants to Mexico. TIL. Anyway it was very good.

Tera
Korea South

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Tera » 25 Nov 2021, 00:26

Food for the day- Sushi -heavily discounted. :P

I wouldn't have said you are a workaholic judging by your day's events. It does remind me of this test I did for a company here in Silverlink (newcastle) in the past. Some of the questions revolved around: What would I do in situations where colleagues needed to build team work by going out on a friday night, but an urgent project requires attention and has to be handed in before 9am on Monday morning. I remember thinking some of the options listed just was ridiculous, as I wouldn't have taken any of the options listed. It is then, that I remind myself- I exist like no other in this universe. Breathe and move on. :P hehe

That is is as far as I got with a corporate job.

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Teeny » 28 Nov 2021, 09:20

Momogari wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 22:17
Between christmas shopping and cleaning my carpet, I actually had a decently productive weekend. Much more than I usually do, anyway.

Excellent!
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Teeny » 28 Nov 2021, 09:50

:lol:
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 29 Nov 2021, 17:51

I'm eating broccoli cheddar soup with a baguette.

This morning was awful.
I can hear my heartbeat in one ear. Tl;dr on that is I need to start exercising stat.
The reason I mention it is I can't relax as easily in silence and didnt go to bed at decent hours this weekend so I threw my sleep pattern out and didn't get up on time this morning and took a frozen sandwich to work and microwaved it there and made instant coffee and I hardly ever drink coffee.
Tomorrow will be worse since I'm getting up at 2:50 AM to push software updates to Saskatchewan.
Also it's so fucking cold outside.
I signed up for a tennis program in January but it now being so I cold I don't want to walk a single block makes me question my timing on this.
Not that my health is going to wait for it to get warmer, either.

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 30 Nov 2021, 00:19

I didn't see this before.
Yes, that was approximately me today.

I got off work and went oh shit I have to go to the grocery store today. I was not prepared for this any more than I was prepared for work.
Along with needing to exercise I decided I need to eat healthier. I mean, my diet is reasonably healthy; I don't eat junk food, really. But fried foods...well I could stand to be a little healthier in a specific way.
But I don't know how to do that. I have literally never dieted in my life...except as a child when my parents forced me for specific health reasons that had nothing to do with this, and which I grew out of, but no, I've never been careful about what I eat. All this saturated fat bullshit and carbs...I don't know. Suddenly asking me to read these fucking labels is like giving me quickbooks and having me do accounting. I'm an engineer for god's sake. I can't do that shit, it's a different language.
What I have gotten out of my reading, though, is that I need to avoid trans fat and, if I can, also too much saturated fat, and find ways to get more unsaturated fat. Unsaturated fat is good fat, in moderation of course.
So I went to the store despite not being prepared.
Went ok.
At first I was excited about gnocchi not having much fat at all but then I realized, you eat gnocchi with cheese sauce. So that's out. And other misadventures. I bought pistachios for snacking; I read nuts=yes.
And some mein noodles that I can fry with healthier things than butter.
And I made a remarkable discovery, actually.

I eat this dinner rather often because it's stupidly simple and tasty. It's refried black beans and spanish rice with sprinkled white cheese on top. My discovery was that both the black beans and spanish rice have zero trans fat and saturated fat. They're actually perfect for me. The cheese of course is saturated fat, but sprinkles like that is just somewhere between 1g and 2g. It surprised me, but this thing I make because I'm lazy? It's actually pretty darn healthy. AND generates no dishes for me to do.
  Spoiler:  
I have butter chicken marinating in the fridge but I was so excited about this discovery I made this tonight instead. The butter chicken can marinate another day. I'm eating something easier and healthier tonight.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by lolin » 30 Nov 2021, 00:27

exercise is extremely difficult to work into a daily routine...

haha funny horseman show has a nugget of wisdom for this shit tho, as depressing as it sounds

i have a friend that's leaving in a few days and then i'm going to get back into the exercise routine, largely because she's incredibly self-conscious of exercise/dieting to the point where even talk of it stresses her out

BUT

i have the motivation for it now, i have a tiny little spark, and some internal kindling as well

also food rule post: general's chicken from the local asian take out, was on par with how it's always been

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 30 Nov 2021, 02:29

Lolin wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 00:27
also food rule post: general's chicken from the local asian take out, was on par with how it's always been
Sounds precisely like my local grocery lunch counter that I end up at at least 4 times a week.

Tennis will be great if it doesn't freeze my nips off. Normal exercise is boring and needs motivating but a competition? I love it. I love games. I do like thinking games most of all, but physical games are fun too. Once I get into tennis, I don't think I'll need to worry about motivation to exercise.
Until then, situps are...inimical. It's a gut feeling. Literally.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by lolin » 03 Dec 2021, 02:57

So I went hunting through my imgur account for a signature (the one I have now, found it on my PC actually) and found a whole slew of stickers you bought me ages ago.

IT'S TIME TO USE THEM AGAIN BECAUSE THEY'RE FUJOSHI AND I'M VERY MUCH FUJOSHI

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by lolin » 03 Dec 2021, 03:08

wait, fujoshi is JUST male/male?

i guess i'm reverse fujoshi...

Momogari
Veteran Member
United States of America

Achievements

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by Momogari » 03 Dec 2021, 03:31

I approve being fujoshi and you know I approve of cute stickers. This makes me happy.

I brought some code home and did some secret work off the clock because I just couldn't help myself.
I couldn't wait to refactor an old program with a terrible code base because my refactoring will employ dynamic loading and reflection of polymorphic structures. Plug-ins! I'm making a drag-and-drop plugin engine and it's super exciting.
Too bad it's low priority and I won't actually get it on my work schedule until at least Q2 next year and probably more like 2023. Another reason I took it home to work on it in secret.

Anyway, food. I went to Blue Sky Cafe and had a Monterey burger, which has pepper jack and jalapenos on it, with good fries. I had a super headache today which is why I got out and did that for lunch. Came home after, took half a pill of ibuprofen and laid down for 10 minutes but that didn't help. Getting out and having a burger did though, a little.

lolin
Veteran Member
United States of America

Nabedon [Momo&Naoki]

Post by lolin » 03 Dec 2021, 22:18

you posted about nocchi the other day and i am having fond rememberance of her

:< miss that gal