Hello everyone

Introduce yourself, learn the ropes of our community, and ask questions! || Also check out the guidebook here.

Moderators: Wheely Sweet, Teeny

Zokuphobiizho
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello everyone

Post by Zokuphobiizho » 16 Feb 2024, 14:24

Hello everyone, my name is Jermaine and I don’t truly know where I am from but I was born in the UK. I'm new to anime league obviously and I just felt like joining after I went to this weekend convention in London, only for today and I didn't last long there. But I'm hoping to stay longer in the next convention in the summer.

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Hello everyone

Post by Teeny » 16 Feb 2024, 14:38

Hi @Zokuphobiizho :)
Welcome to Anime League.
I separated your post into it's own thread so it is easier for everyone to find your post and welcome you to the forum.
Hope you had a good time at the convention.

Tell us more about yourself :D Do you have hobbies? A favourite Anime?

Hope you enjoy being on the forum! :)
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Click above to join me in Joestar Clan

Zokuphobiizho
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello everyone

Post by Zokuphobiizho » 16 Feb 2024, 15:06

Well I don't actually have a single anime as a favorite since there are alot of good ones I have seen in the past. I more than likely actually have more than one favorite anime. But I'll put at least my top 5:

1. Mob Psycho 100
2. Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
3. Bobobo-bo-bo-bobo
4. Chinyuki
5. Fist of the North star

And as for my hobbies, I normally do a variety such as taking long walks, playing video games, listening to music, doing a bit of exercise, sleeping etc.

And as for the convention I'd say yes it was somewhat satisfying going there, even though i just had a quick look at the merchandise before leaving. I didn't bother to stay for the anime screenings and what not but I'll leave that for another time.

Beex
Lucky Cat Member
Lucky Cat Member
United States of America

Hello everyone

Post by Beex » 16 Feb 2024, 15:41

Welcome!

I love Bobobo's afro but the nose hairs scare me :cry:

"You mess with the cat, you get the litter!"

╱|、b
(˚ˎ 。7 e
|、˜〵 e
じしˍ,)ノx

"Beep boop meow!" - Robo-Fortune, Skullgirls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The goddess Eris pads her chest.- Aqua

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GFX by:Ioreth

Rich-Allen1976
Dark Blue Member
Dark Blue Member
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello everyone

Post by Rich-Allen1976 » 16 Feb 2024, 18:21

Welcome.

According to most people, the reason the London con was a flop was mostly due to a rubbish venue, I've attended a myriad of other non AL cons in rubbish venues as well, usually in Leisure Centres, particularly one in Hull in November 2022, I wouldn't mind but it cost me £30 in return Train fares to get there and back from Sheffield.
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" (Michael Palin in Monty Python's "Life of Brian")
"I am speaking UK English in a Sheffield accent!" (Me most of the time I'm on the landline or mobile)

Wheely Sweet
Mysterious Member
Mysterious Member
Great Britain

Hello everyone

Post by Wheely Sweet » 16 Feb 2024, 20:04

Hi @Zokuphobiizho welcome to Anime League :)

What kind of video games do you play?

I hope you had a good time at the con.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or want to chat :)

Find me here - https://linktr.ee/WheelySweet

Want to join the AL team? Click here to find out about becoming an assistant || Come say hi in Entrance Lounge & join in our events! || My Journal

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Hello everyone

Post by Teeny » 16 Feb 2024, 20:34

Zokuphobiizho wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 15:06
Well I don't actually have a single anime as a favorite since there are alot of good ones I have seen in the past. I more than likely actually have more than one favorite anime. But I'll put at least my top 5:

1. Mob Psycho 100
2. Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
3. Bobobo-bo-bo-bobo
4. Chinyuki
5. Fist of the North star

And as for my hobbies, I normally do a variety such as taking long walks, playing video games, listening to music, doing a bit of exercise, sleeping etc.

And as for the convention I'd say yes it was somewhat satisfying going there, even though i just had a quick look at the merchandise before leaving. I didn't bother to stay for the anime screenings and what not but I'll leave that for another time.

Ohh nice! Your hobbies are similar to mine :D
I also love JoJo!
Not seen any of the other animes, I am falling behind with anime, I should really try to get back into watching it again.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Zokuphobiizho
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello everyone

Post by Zokuphobiizho » 16 Feb 2024, 22:31

@Wheely Sweet the kind of games I play varies from fighting games like Street fighter 6 and naruto to other games like pokemon, GTA, shin megami tensei etc. And same here @Teeny I need to get back into anime too as I was catching up on one piece about a year ago but I still need to catch up abit more with that anime along with getting back to watching other animes. I haven't even finished jojo part 5 yet and I already finished watching part 6 some time ago.

Expendable
Veteran Member
United States of America

Hello everyone

Post by Expendable » 17 Feb 2024, 03:36

You might like One Punch. It's a parody, but it's a strong parody.

Villainess Level 99: I May Be the Hidden Boss but I’m Not the Demon Lord

An isekai about a gamer girl who gets reborn as the hidden boss in the last game she played. Unfortunately she's leveled up considerably by the time the school starts. This one is still simulcast.

Teeny
Light Blue Member
Light Blue Member
Great Britain

Hello everyone

Post by Teeny » 17 Feb 2024, 06:31

Zokuphobiizho wrote:
16 Feb 2024, 22:31
And same here @Teeny I need to get back into anime too as I was catching up on one piece about a year ago but I still need to catch up abit more with that anime along with getting back to watching other animes. I haven't even finished jojo part 5 yet and I already finished watching part 6 some time ago.

Aww I loved Part 5, I think more than Part 6, although that one was good too.
My favourite part is Stardust Crusaders.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

Zokuphobiizho
Great Britain

Achievements

Hello everyone

Post by Zokuphobiizho » 17 Feb 2024, 08:44

@Expendable I have already seen all of season 1 and season 2 for one punch man but as for Villainess Level 99 I might have a look on that and actually watch that.